Ending the EGA Discussion

catherder

I went back and found my original Pre-Order Email received July 21 from swtor@email.swtor.com

it says "The wait is over. Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is now available for pre-order. Order now to lock in your Early Game Access."

"Early Game Access - create your character and explore the universe first."

"The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day."

there were no asterisks and no fine print of any kind. what they promised was that if you pre-order you will gain early access at some point during the early access period. BW did NOT claim you would be guaranteed any amount of time in early access or early access on a particular day/time.

Based on BW's history one can also interpret their stance on Early Access is to provide an opportunity to create a character for launch and that's it which they easily could have opted for but didn't. DA:O was released in this manner lest you all forget your BW history.

Edited by catherder

liar liar pants on fire...

Another OP made the exact same thread as you 30 minutes ago, and actually found the clause and had to post a retraction.

Want to join him?

nope b/c I have the email, I'll redact and post somewhere... mind your utterances

ok where can I post a jpeg of the email? I have removed my email address and part of the support reply, that's it.

uploading

Edited by catherder

nope b/c I have the email, I'll redact and post somewhere... mind your utterances

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=15384

[edit] ok I checked my e-mail and it was announced on the 21st of July that the order in which you pre-order is the order in which you play, my mistake. I wish I woulda known, lol...

here's the text of the e-mail I received on July 21st:

Pre-order bonuses: Early Game Access- create your character and explore the universe first

Nothing at all about how long the Early Game Access is even...

Oh ****...

The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day.

I am mistaken, editing my first post, I should have read that e-mail better.... lol... Unless they somehow managed to change the html in the e-mail? lol...

///waits...

Edited by DesleDarksyde

I looked up my original pre-order email and here it is, cut and pasted.

Thank you for registering your Pre-Order Code. You are now registered for the following items:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

Early game access

Color Stone (Virtual Item)

We will keep you informed about early access to The Old Republic as we get closer to the game's release.

If you have any questions about your Pre-Order, please contact a member of our Customer Service Team.

May the Force be with you,

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

Your lack of ability to read is disturbing.

Go and look at your email again... read the middle paragraph in the bottom section out loud ot yourself.

Go ahead... I'll wait here.

we are arguing the same thing, early access is on 1st come 1st serve basis, nothing new here? so your point again is?

I went back and found my original Pre-Order Email received July 21 from swtor@email.swtor.com

it says "The wait is over. Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is now available for pre-order. Order now to lock in your Early Game Access."

"Early Game Access - create your character and explore the universe first."

"The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day."

there were no asterisks and no fine print of any kind. what they promised was that if you pre-order you will gain early access at some point during the early access period. BW did NOT claim you would be guaranteed any amount of time in early access or early access on a particular day/time.

Based on BW's history one can also interpret their stance on Early Access is to provide an opportunity to create a character for launch and that's it which they easily could have opted for but didn't. DA:O was released in this manner lest you all forget your BW history.

quoted again to clarify my position before it is co-opted. you were not promised anything in EGA beyond "if you pre-order you will play at soem point during EGA". Last I checked EGA is NOT over, there are 6 days left.

end of line

we are arguing the same thing, early access is on 1st come 1st serve basis, nothing new here? so your point again is?

I think people are confused or didn't clearly understand your opening post since they have pointed out to you that what you are saying isn't there, is in fact there in the email.

It seems to me that most the people replying to you think you are saying there was no notice in the email you received regarding access being tied to date preorder code is redeemed. I went back and re-read your post and that is not what you are saying. Sounds to me like you are saying they never said anything was guaranteed and that further, what they are doing now should not be a surprise and was disclosed on July 21.

ETA: clarification

Edited by Kamercie

I think people are confused or didn't clearly understand your opening post. It seems to me that most the people replying to you think you are saying there was no notice in the email you received regarding access being tied to date preorder code is redeemed. I went back and re-read your post and that is not what you are saying. Sounds to me like you are saying they never said anything was guaranteed and that further, what they are doing now should not be a surprise and was disclosed on July 21.
correct-o-mundo u get pie (reading too long on forums this am, brain rot setting in, help me :rolleyes:...)