1.2 - New Rakata Itemization

antonmb

Question about how this will work:

If the old Rakata mods/enhancements were preservered from when they were stripped out to do our own itemization, if they were put back in to the appropriate gear, would these be seen as "base" Rakata level or will they be seen as "modified" Rakata and not be affected by the reitemization?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing I won't be refunded the 400k+ Credits it's going to cost me to reslot my full BM and full rakata set back to orginal form am I?

:/

Poorly thought out implementation BW...

Either offer a way for us to trade in our current rakata/BM gear for fresh peices with the new mods/enhancements OR if you're too lazy to even do that at least update each mod/enhancement on a name basis so those of us that have them sitting in the bank can get the new stats and reslot accordingly.

Very dissapointed...

They can't just mod all Rakata gear with the new mods when it comes out.

Why?

Because then what's to stop someone from pulling out all the modifiers and enhancements and replacing then level 10 greens right before 1.2.

Giving tokens presents the same problems.

For the record they aren't changing the mods themselves they are changing what mods are in the armor that's two different things programming wise.

So while it may suck if you modded your Rakata they are doing things this way for a good reason. Yell and shout about it all you like they aren't going to change this to a method that could be exploited.

Edited by Lxkane

They can't just mod all Rakata gear with the new mods when it comes out.

Why?

Because then what's to stop someone from pulling out all the modifiers and enhancements and replacing then level 10 greens right before 1.2.

For the record they aren't changing the mods themselves they are changing what mods are in the armor that's two different things programming wise.

So while it may suck if you modded your Rakata they are doing things this way for a good reason. Yell and shout about it all you like they aren't going to change this to a method that could be exploited.

It's easy to fix: Let us trade the old gear for new gear. Yeah it does suck that those of us that actually made the worthless stats on the gear worthwhile are getting shafted, while people that just plodded along with the crappy mods/enhancements get rewarded.

They need to give us an option or something when we transfer, to override all our 56 mods with the new ones.

ESPECIALLY the BATTLEMASTER GEAR. Since Expertise is such a huge improvement in 1.2, i want 1000 expertise not 700.

As a PT tank, I had to 'fix' BW's atrocious itemization by swapping in columi mods. So apparently I get screwed now? LOL wow BW

This ^^

If you're already in Rakata, you'll being moving on the next tier of gear at launch anyway...

But then this ^^ Not really a huge deal since the content is piss easy anyway. By the time Nightmare is out, we will be in full new Tier.

If you refer to the tokens of my idea... They aren't the current tokens allowing you to buy a whole Rakata piece...

...It's a simple implementation allowing you to convert ANY old rakata enh/mod into any other Rakata enh/mod (preserving mod -> mod and enh -> enh, ofc)... Once.

So, like energy, the ammount you have before and after the process is the same... It's just transformed.

Edited by ragamer

So why are there so many complaints about the old gear you changed mods for. People in this gear level (myself included) are going to be upgrading to the next tier anyway.

Its really not that big of a deal.

I'm guessing I won't be refunded the 400k+ Credits it's going to cost me to reslot my full BM and full rakata set back to orginal form am I?

:/

Poorly thought out implementation BW...

Either offer a way for us to trade in our current rakata/BM gear for fresh peices with the new mods/enhancements OR if you're too lazy to even do that at least update each mod/enhancement on a name basis so those of us that have them sitting in the bank can get the new stats and reslot accordingly.

Very dissapointed...

400k ? Dude you are lucky, I will have to pay over 1 mil if I do that.

But thanks for the clarification, at least we can adapt this way

Edited by Bazzoong

maybe i missed it in the forest of posts here, but is itemization for existing BM changing in exactly the same way as Rakata?

simillar i would say, but you get 300 more expertise overall, which is the enhencements, and if you changed your enhencements you will lose 300 expertise.... which is A REALLY BIG DEAL.

the easiest way to upgrade gear would be to upgrade the armoring/mod/enhancement segments individually. so every pre 1.2 Advanced Commando Armoring 25 in the entire game would be change once 1.2 hits for the new stat itemizations.

that is the easiest, and most complete way to do this. the way bioware is claiming to do it, by checking every single piece of rakata/bm armor, is massively inefficient.

and can we please get an official response as to why we were told to re-mod our armor because of the terrible stat itemization it had to begin with (LOL ACCURACY)? bioware needs to stop saying one thing, and then doing something completely different.

these things need to be done for 1.2:

- ALL armoring/mod/enhancement segments need to be updated with the correct stat itemizations for 1.2. Easiest way to do this is update each item, rather than check every piece of gear and then update the items that are in the proper slot.

- Set bonuses need to be locked into the Armoring segment and allow for the proper customization of gear. The easiest way to do this would be to allow players to trade in their BM/Rakata pieces for Armoring segments that have locked on set bonuses.

they can leave the stats they feel like having in there, i dont care. but players should not be getting shafted for doing EXACTLY what the devs told us to do.

just a few weeks ago a dev posted that the stat itemization was terrible, and that to get the most out of our character we should replace mods/enhancements with ones more fitting to our playstyle.

i had replaced all of my BM mods/enhancements weeks ago. i didnt save the old original pieces because they are crap, and i was never going to want them. it was not worth the 30k per piece to remove it, so i just overwrote everything. now im being punished for using a system exactly how its supposed to be used?

come on bioware, get your act together......

Edited by cashogy

Your comprehension level is staggeringly bad. Why would you change mods out of top end gear that was REALLY LIKELY to be changed due to poor itemization without retaining the original mods in case you liked the new stats and wanted yours updated? That's common sense.

Second, the new Rakata gear on PTS likely uses new mods as the stats are very different. They didn't simply changes the stats on the mods they originally slotted into the armor. However, when doing database switching, they have to identify an original location and identity the original mod in order to change it. Once you have changed out the mod this is no longer possible unless you put the original mod back into your armor before 1.2 goes live, let the DB changes effect them, and then decide if you want to roll with the new stats or put your mods back into the armor and keep what you add. It adds option, but again only if you used common sense and banked the original mods or have access to the original mods used.

Third, BW has said ALL purple (artifact level) armor will have removalable base mods, including Armoring mods that will be able to be extracted and moved into any other like set piece (Chest for chest). It was answered multiple times if you cared to do a little research and read.

You're a developer now? That's nice to know.

Do you know which structure they are using for their data warehouse? Do you also know if they are going to update or correct the changes to our gear? You know the difference right since you are throwing such bombastic technical language around.

Don't bring in business intelligence logic into this talk unless you have direct experience in the field or you were part of the development team.

All you've been doing since you entered this thread was berating people for not spending 30k credit to save an Enhancement that has +40str/+51acc/+37crit. I mean, since you're so smart you probably knew that they were going to retro-actively replace our old mods with new ones? Wow, I wish I was like you IRL.

they can leave the stats they feel like having in there, i dont care. but players should not be getting shafted for doing EXACTLY what the devs told us to do.

just a few weeks ago a dev posted that the stat itemization was terrible, and that to get the most out of our character we should replace mods/enhancements with ones more fitting to our playstyle.

i had replaced all of my BM mods/enhancements weeks ago. i didnt save the old original pieces because they are crap, and i was never going to want them. it was not worth the 30k per piece to remove it, so i just overwrote everything. now im being punished for using a system exactly how its supposed to be used?

come on bioware, get your act together......

This is exactly the scenario i am in. Why on earth would i save mods that are absolutely terrible and BIOWARE TOLD US TO REPLACE. Nowhere were were told to save them.