NM EC Operation guide (work in progress)

Hey everyone, with the arrival of Nightmare EC tomorrow, I thought it would be a good idea to post some of my very limited raid experience on the PTS regarding NM EC as there isn't alot of information on it atm. I will be updating this with live information as the raid opens up tomorrow.

Unfortunately, due to the gear gap on the PTS, the PuG group I pulled together on the PTS from all sorts of different guilds were unable to beat the hard enrage on the first boss (wiped at 4%). Thus I don't have detailed info or videos on the other bosses (video of our best attempt is available for Z & T)

:sy_item:Loot Table (may not be accurate)

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/14/swtor-nightmare-exposive-conflict-ec-loot-table/

Information taken from DrGordon in <Chosen>. Alot of drops are assumed.

• Zorn and Toth: Hazmat Ear (could be random Hazmat piece)
  • Firebrand and Stormcaller: Dread Guard Bracer (assumed)
  • Colonel Vorgath: Dread Guard Belt: Chance for tank mount (see pic)
  • Kephess: Dread Guard Helmet (assumed)

:sy_item:Zorn & Toth

More detailed guide: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/14/nightmare-ec-zorn-and-toth-operation-guide/

• Bring Medpack to remove Baradium Poisoning
  • Red circles during Ground Shatter/Sonic Paralysis less forgiving
  • Enrage on 8m is ~ 5 minutes and both bosses have 800-900k HP

:sy_item:Firebrand and Stormcaller

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/nightmare-ec-firebrand-and-stormcaller-operation-guide/

• Strict DPS Check, 1 add per group explodes
  • Double Destruction now lasts much longer, you can't have same two players taking them for a second time per phase
  • Incinerate armor also deals 100% more damage to that person, in addition to rendering their armor ineffective

:sy_item:Colonel Vorgathr

Information taken from DrGordon in <Chosen>

• Row behind defused square turns red (this makes it harder for your 2nd tank to get across and also confine raid to smaller spaces but doesn't change puzzle solving) assassins immune

:sy_item:Kephess

Information taken from DrGordon in <Chosen>

• First 3 probes do 10k damage to any interrupter, 2 warriors per pack

Anyways, if you have more information to share, by all means :D

Edited by Iwipe

The tanks have something called "Single Destruction" now that goes on either 1 or both people who take the Double Destruction. We aren't yet sure how its allocated or why.

Also one of the Trandoshans in the shield phase blows up, so you have to whittle him down and have a ranged DPS finish him off after he's back on the tank.

The tanks have something called "Single Destruction" now that goes on either 1 or both people who take the Double Destruction. We aren't yet sure how its allocated or why.

Umm...you're over thinking it. That's what players get when they soak the double destruction. No different than hard mode or even story mode. The only difference there is that it lasts longer on players, making sure to prevent the same players soaking a 2nd DD, which will happen if dps is slow.

Yesterday we managed to get to the third set of adds, those two pulsar droids and everytime we got killed by extremly flashy aoe and we were definitly not under the droid with big purple circle. I wonder if it's bug or mechanic. :rak_02:

Was seeing that yesterday and it seemed like it would go off once per cycle, and only hit my marauder for a lil more then 4k. I think it is just a mechanic to make sure you're healing everyone up after the trandoshians which are a pita now :p

Hey, my guild had some trouble on 16m Zorn and Toth on thursday and wasn't able to progress much. We did kill 8m zorn & toth as well as firebrand and storm caller last night and I have added/updated the guide to reflect those. Enjoy!

Bah, Kephess almost down, we had the greatest misfortune of seeing the tank oneshot by cleave when being pulled to Kephess while under the breath of the masters debuff, it seems like a very unfair mechanic, tbh ... any hints on how to avoid this? It was very weird when he died right before the actual pull, as if he got cleaved before being next to Kephess ... seemed very odd. Animation lag, maybe?

Was seeing that yesterday and it seemed like it would go off once per cycle, and only hit my marauder for a lil more then 4k. I think it is just a mechanic to make sure you're healing everyone up after the trandoshians which are a pita now :p

We got completly destroyed by it. :D 4k every second to every man in raid with big flash every hit so you couldn't see a thing.

We got completly destroyed by it. :D 4k every second to every man in raid with big flash every hit so you couldn't see a thing.

yeah, it's basically a mechanic that forces you to do it right, meaning leave a tank out to absorb rail shots, nothing special :p