LiveStream Event #2

CourtneyWoods

Are there any plans to revisit the player hubs (imperial/republic fleets) at some point? Many players would prefer to use the capital cities (Dromand Kaas, Coruscant) as player hubs.

Client performance have been mentioned previously as a concern, and one of the reasons for the fleets, but many players still feel like it is a shame to be trapped on a space station.

Edited by Marb

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans to revisit the player hubs (imperial/republic fleets) at some point? Many players would prefer to use the capitol cities (Dromand Kaas, Coruscant) as player hubs.

Client performance have been mentioned previously as a concern, and one of reasons for the fleets, but many players still feel like it is a shame to be trapped on a space station.

QFE!!!! I been ranting about that in Gen. Chat on dreadfully lagfest stale Fleet since BETA .

We should at least have Guild Banks on the capitol cities.

ugh please please BioWare , consider this. Please stop trapping us on Fleet.

Please.

QFE!!!! I been ranting about that in Gen. Chat on dreadfully lagfest stale Fleet since BETA .

We should at least have Guild Banks on the capitol cities.

ugh please please BioWare , consider this. Please stop trapping us on Fleet.

Please.

If anything, atleast give players options. Leave the fleet there for those who actually like it but put all the vendors/terms on the capitol planets as well. I don't see how this would hurt anything by giving us an option as to where we sit around waiting for queues.

On a second note, still no mention of character transfers. This has to be one of the most asked questions I've seen on these forums and it didn't get asked in the Q&A. We already know they have a system in place to do them, the F2P has launched, so give us the option to transfer. We know you're going to charge for it, so let us give you our money, we also know you want/need our money as well so stop holding back and let us pay you to move our characters.

Moving the players from one hub to another doesn't make much sense to me. Keeping the fleet separate helps to reduce the lag too. Both dromund kaas and coruscant are currently quest areas. Fleet on the other hand is a place to wait for whatever to happen and go elsewhere to quest. It does not matter if fleet lags a bit.

Ok, I appreciate that they are PvP lovers, but I would like to remind them to give some love to the guilds. I want to remind the Devs that the reason people don't leave WoW isn't because of it's awesome gameplay, but is due to the connections made with guildmates. So if you want to keep people playing, give guilds some love. Move it off the back burner if you don't want to see this population explosion crash down like subs did after launch.

I've posted some ideas here. Warning: it is quite long. If you are TL;DR, don't bother clicking. :)

Do they just make up their own questions? Because most of the stuff the asked themselves was not asked for much or at all in this thread, and most of the hot topic reapedly asked questions were totally ignored. What's the point of pretending, they chould just throw up a post in the forums "this is what we want you to know or have credible excuse for" and call it a day. Edited by bahdasz

Moving the players from one hub to another doesn't make much sense to me. Keeping the fleet separate helps to reduce the lag too. Both dromund kaas and coruscant are currently quest areas. Fleet on the other hand is a place to wait for whatever to happen and go elsewhere to quest. It does not matter if fleet lags a bit.

Fair enough, but i was less concerned (aka "complaining" ) about the Lag and more so pointing out how utterly drab and dreary and imo DEAD the Fleet feels (even with 200+ players per instance) since: 1) No chat 'bubbles' = seemingly no chat bustling environment ...and 2) No real 'space' in TOR , so you can't fly into/out-of this supposed "base" of operations...therefore it just all feels like some VOID.

Coruscant (and Dromund Kaas) both feel *alive* and thriving (even when they're not) . It would, imo, make the game feel more 'massive' (as in MMORPG ) .

I don't see what the problem is with BioWare, at the very least, just simply placing most/all of the function of Fleet onto the capital planets too (Guild Banks, Vendors, etc. ) .

Fair enough, but i was less concerned (aka "complaining" ) about the Lag and more so pointing out how utterly drab and dreary and imo DEAD the Fleet feels (even with 200+ players per instance) since: 1) No chat 'bubbles' = seemingly no chat bustling environment ...and 2) No real 'space' in TOR , so you can't fly into/out-of this supposed "base" of operations...therefore it just all feels like some VOID.

Coruscant (and Dromund Kaas) both feel *alive* and thriving (even when they're not) . It would, imo, make the game feel more 'massive' (as in MMORPG ) .

I don't see what the problem is with BioWare, at the very least, just simply placing most/all of the function of Fleet onto the capital planets too (Guild Banks, Vendors, etc. ) .

Well I've never felt fleet was dead, especially with 200+ people on it. Chat bubles? Never liked them. And I believe the "Big Space" thing they teased about is really openning up space to a more free form JtL/X-Wing vs TIE Fighter style. The fleet was added to remove those things from the homeworlds so I don't believe they will be returning anytime soon.