Has there been an official statement RE: Master's Datacron re-usage?

ENVISIONocity

I haven't been able to find an official answer to whether a Master's Datacron will go back into a "pool," similar to purchased character boosts for KOTFE/ET— where deleting the character makes the boost available for another character...?

I am reluctant to delete one of my new MD'd characters to find out the hard way that it is a one-time only— nor would I expect any other player who MD'd to test for an answer. If someone knows, what'll happen?

Hoping Eric or Keith can respond, otherwise.

Thank you, in advance!

I don't see how this would be possible.

Right now, I have 5 boosted character slots which I've picked up along the way one way or another. These are presently available for me to build a character who jumps in at Level 65 and 60, respective to each of the 5 boosts in that "pool."

Which is why I'm wondering whether this is how the Master's Datacron works. Let's say I delete all of the MD'd characters like I have the 5 other boosted slots... will it read x number of additional boosted slots, for example?

Since I can "re-use" the 60- and 65-boosts on subsequent alts and jump in at those points of the KOTFE/ET story, with a flag thrown on the backend to check off the class story as completed and all companions granted... can I look forward to this being the case with the MD, where my jump point is at the beginning of the respective class story, and the only flag thrown on the backend is that I'm Level 70, and the accompanying gear is issued?

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about transferring the MD to another character that already exists (impossible, imo). This would be with a new alt entirely, who is about to embark on their Class Mission as a Level 70 player. What I've been doing personally is creating an alt and then purchasing the MD to apply right at the start. It's a bit disconcerting since I am immediately transported to my ship for the boost, and I have to go back to the starting conversation. Not to mention arranging my abilities and such to my "style," I guess you could call it. But still loving the MD's improvement to my enjoyment in-game, so that brief "staging" is fine by me.

Anyhoo.

I have not used one of the Master's Datacrons but from what I understand they do not work the same way as an Outlander token. The Outlander token allows you to create a character at level 60 or 65 and jumps you right into the story at those respective points. The Master's Datacron is used on an already existing character to bump their level to 70. I would assume then that once it's used, it's gone for good.

I also thought the Outlander tokens were only "re-usable" if you hadn't done any quests on that character? I could be wrong. I've only used a token once, it was a free one, and I deleted the character with no intention of making another boosted one heh.

The master datacron is a one time use. If you delete that character it is gone. This s because you are applying it to an existing character. Like applying a med pack and then deleting the toon, you don't get the med pack back. The outlander token unlocks the ability to make a new character and in no way effects the character that purchased and used it. Very different than bumping the level of an existing character.

I've only used a token once, it was a free one, and I deleted the character with no intention of making another boosted one heh.

Yeah, those 5 slots will sit there forever on my account. Went there, done that-- at least the first batch of chapters. It holds next to no interest to me. I'm a lifer in the Class Story.

Plus, with the MD, I'm earning these mystical Command Tokens and Points as I play. Not that I'll ever need better gear to play a Class Story, but nice to see the bar filling across. I guess I'll max out at some point with Tokens, from what I've read elsewhere on the forum, so I'll deal with it at that point— which may take years for me, lol!

Edited by ENVISIONocity

Hey there,

The functionality of the Master's Datacron is not the same as the Outlander token. If you use the Datacron, it is permanently attached to that character. Deleting that character will NOT refund the token.

According to tech support, thanks to a bug, you don't get a refund on the Outlander token, either.

They aren't able to help you delete the character and restore the token. You're just out of luck.

Even worse, when you buy the United Forces 30-Day Premium Pack, you won't get another token.

Hey there,

The functionality of the Master's Datacron is not the same as the Outlander token. If you use the Datacron, it is permanently attached to that character. Deleting that character will NOT refund the token.

Thanks!

-eric

Thank you for the response, Eric, and officially confirming what fellow posters explained re: functionality.

Not a deal-breaker for me, of course; I've been immensely enjoying the MDs across my character classes roster plenty so far!

Being an altoholic, I was just planning ahead. :jawa_wink:

Keep up the good! :t_cool: