[Achievement Bug] Black Hole

General_Tavorrik

Alright so I spent a lot on my repair bill testing this one out. I tested Imp side with a sniper and Rep side with a Commando.

6 of the PvP achievements for the Black Hole area can not be done.

+ Republic version.

- Black Hole: Attacking the Empire

- Black Hole: Sabotaging the Empire

- Black Hole: Infiltrating the Empire

+Empire version.

- Black Hole: Raiding the Republic

- Black Hole: Pillaging the Republic

- Black Hole: Ransacking the Republic

First off just for kicks I tried killing the 2 freak sized gun turrets out side the base even though they have a buff called "Turret Defense Mode (cannot be destroyed)". Turns out you can't kill them, who knew. I didn't even manage to get in ranged to shoot them before a bomb was dropped on me for....Getting to close to the base.... So I rezzed ran closer to the guns in stealth from the medical probe. Managed to fire one explosive round at the turret, didn't even scratch it and then..... Bam right after another bomb got dropped on my face for still being inside the base. So I rezzed again and ran all the way to the back near the elevator tucked myself in the corner spammed heals, blew all CD's and sent Vik in to attack the 2 guards posted just outside. Vik charged in and 1 shot by the now level 55 guards in the level 50 zone. Then the 2 turrets way out of range managed to shoot me through the wall and kill me in 2 hits.

SO, unless you're going to take the bomb thing away, fix the turrets so their ranged isn't unlimited and can't shoot through walls, and make the guards not 1 shot tanks in good gear. These 6 achievements listed above are completely worthless and impossible to complete.

That is all, thank you for your time. :ph_lol:

Noticed this as well. Every planet in the game with pvp achievements for killing guards now has level 55 npcs (with boss immunity + 350k-450k hp) guarding the bases.

You now basically need a large, geared, ops group to kill most of these guards to get the achievements, whereas before 2.4, you could cc 1 or 2, then burn down the rest, as they were around 100k hp and no boss immunity.

I completed some of the kill x guards at imp/pub bases before 2.4, but pretty unlikely that I'll be able to complete the achievements now.

As for the turrets in black hole, yeah, nobody is ever going to get that due to the mechanic.

Bioware either needs to remove the achievements or revert the guard npcs to level 50/remove boss immunity.

I'd prefer that they just remove the achievements completely, after all, killing NPCs isn't exactly "Player versus Player"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you can get all the PvP achievements except this one.

FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So it's not the buff on the turrets preventing the achievement, it's the one-shot kill mechanic. The achievements can be done by killing guards, which can be killed. You just cant get close enough to kill one without being one-shot. If they remove that mechanic the achievement can be done.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...