Stealthing out of the middle of PvP combat = terrible

zaboteur

again, another clear example that BIOWARE has ZERO clue how to do PVP.

How the hell is someone just going to stealth out of the middle of a battle?! Either this effect should not happen in combat, or you need to be able to see them for 1-2 seconds after they stealth.

Pretty bad to try to open world pvp when a bunch of players can just stealth out of the battle and run away with no problems.

This just kinda ruins world pvp for me.

I mean if I am attacking someone in melee, and they insta-stealth, let me see them if they are next to me, or make their skill a 1-2 sec to activate so they cant just disappear while in the middle of a melee fight. Or give them 1/2 stealth for 1-3 seconds.

Very bad experience that my 1st open pvp world fight, ended with the dude just stealthing away in mid battle when I was winning. While invis he was able to easily go into his normal stealth and that was that. Very disappointing to say the least.

If he was winning I would have died, it is not like players lose anything on death, so why give so much advantage to an already good dps/tanking class.

Edited by Zilrota
removed content

Force Cloak is on a 3 min CD. 2 Mins Talented. Does not remove debuffs. Makes you almost undetectable for a 10 secs.

Solution: Put a damage over time on him, and he will magically pop up again. Or try the luck and do an aoe right when he stealths to get him out. True Story, trust me.

Rogues have had vanish in WoW forever. Using a cooldown combat stealth is an old hat trick for stealth users.

As an operative I can confirm that I indeed cannot stealth once I hit or am hit by something.I have to run away and hide until combat drops which is very hard to do when you have enemies chasing you down.

I've noticed if you do an aoe attack it will break them out of stealth.

AOE, use detection abilities if you got them, trinket out of any stuns, use dots, and run around. Stealthers are moderately easy to spot if they are in front of you.

Force Cloak is on a 3 min CD. 2 Mins Talented. Does not remove debuffs. Makes you almost undetectable for a 10 secs.

Solution: Put a damage over time on him, and he will magically pop up again. Or try the luck and do an aoe right when he stealths to get him out. True Story, trust me.

its a bad pvp mechanic, and just leads to lame play.

Assassin and shadow have huge advantages in PvP because of this, and no I dont want to have to respect my whole tree just so I can put a dot on a stelthing player.

JUst make it so they have 1/2 stealth when they are really cose to an enemy player for say 3 seconds after they use the ability and that would be ok with me. The instant 'disappear' when I am right next to the guy hitting him with a light saber is just bad.

even with an aoe, the global cool downs are about 1 second, all dude has to do is hit stealth after I use a power on him and he is pretty much gone. All he has to do is move out the way and then full stealth.

or give it like 5 seconds duration and dont allow normal stealth while in combat, and dont let this power remove combat flag.

I dont care what solution, but something has to be changed on this.

Edited by Zilrota
removed content

This ability is only amazing vs complete noobs.

Anyone even slightly skilled/experienced will put a dot on you or aoe you out.

I would not mind if they removed this ability and added one to give a speed boost, much easier to run away with speed boost than stealth.

I totally agree So bs. Nerf that now. come on you cant stealth hit someone and re stealth again thats total bs. nerf that, if they attack and they unstealth they are not allowed to restealth while in combat out of combat is fine

People are abusing it rediculasly. everyone is rolling Stealth characters like Jedi Shadows and inquiz assassins even Sith and jedi Maruaders are too much stealth its pretty OP and needs a major nerf thats what pssing me off most in this pvp is they stealth after they attack or i attack them and they stealth right after.. OP please Nerf!

"everyone is rolling Stealth characters like Jedi Shadows and inquiz assassins even Sith and jedi Maruaders are too much stealth its pretty OP and needs a major nerf thats what pssing me off most in this pvp is they stealth after they attack or i attack them and they stealth right after.. OP please Nerf!"

Everyone is rolling ranged classes as FOTM right now. Have a little sympathy; have you tried backstabbing in pvp as of late? If their running from you, kudos to you! Just dot em or hit an aoe on the vanish; with the pace of pvp in swtor if someone decides to run from you they have pretty good odds of getting away stealth or not.

That is the only thing i hated and pissed me off . Im sniper and i do only burst dmg with 1 dot ability. Now i cant spec a different tree just so i can have more dot abilities. The dot ability does literally no dmg. Its annoying how they can disappear during cmb

Put a dot on? Do you people really play against Ops/assasins that don't evasion first?

Im only in my early-mid 20s and far as I see most operatives are in the same level range, and unless I missed something I haven't trained anything called evasion yet, which might be why people are still unfamilair with it.

Im only in my early-mid 20s and far as I see most operatives are in the same level range, and unless I missed something I haven't trained anything called evasion yet, which might be why people are still unfamilair with it.

Assassins have an ability that wipes off all debuffs and makes them immune to tech/force abilities for 5 seconds afterward.

again, another clear example that BIOWARE has ZERO clue how to do PVP.

How the hell is someone just going to stealth out of the middle of a battle?! Either this effect should not happen in combat, or you need to be able to see them for 1-2 seconds after they stealth.

Pretty bad to try to open world pvp when a bunch of players can just stealth out of the battle and run away with no problems.

This just kinda ruins world pvp for me.

I mean if I am attacking someone in melee, and they insta-stealth, let me see them if they are next to me, or make their skill a 1-2 sec to activate so they cant just disappear while in the middle of a melee fight. Or give them 1/2 stealth for 1-3 seconds.

Very bad experience that my 1st open pvp world fight, ended with the dude just stealthing away in mid battle when I was winning. While invis he was able to easily go into his normal stealth and that was that. Very disappointing to say the least.

If he was winning I would have died, it is not like players lose anything on death, so why give so much advantage to an already good dps/tanking class.

Use an AoE you baddie

Hi. I'm a Shadow.

Now that the OP hates me, I'll give you some advice. Stealth classes are ridiculously easy to pop out of stealth in this game, and they can be seen relatively easy even when they're in stealth if they're close enough to someone.

Use DoT's. Any damage will knock us out of stealth.

Bad Game Mechanic? It's what the class is, we're a stealth class. That's a F ridiculous thing to QQ about. OMG it's a gun, it's a broken mechanic because it actually shoots and is performing the function it was intended to do....ZOMG!

L2P and you wouldn't have to worry about stealth classes popping ICS on you.

I mean this in a constructive way. Go play a stealth class for awhile and learn to play it. As a shadow I have no problem getting other stealthers back out 80% or more of the time. Just have to know what they are thinking.

I mean this in a constructive way. Go play a stealth class for awhile and learn to play it. As a shadow I have no problem getting other stealthers back out 80% or more of the time. Just have to know what they are thinking.

^This.

Force cloak is complete garbage unless you also use force shroud in conjunction because at my level of 27 I have never successfully completed a force cloak (vanish) while in combat due to all the freaking garbage dots/aoes going around.