Help for a noobish Bounty Hunter

BIGChiefHuskey

Hello all. I am ChiefHuskey and I am really new to this game, as you can tell. I have decided to play as a Bounty Hunter as my main because i always have enjoyed the Bounty Hunters in star wars and i thought it would be pretty cool to shoot and burn people. I am asking for a little help from some of you more experienced people on how i should go about gearing and skilling my Bounty Hunter. I have done a bit of research on the topic and i have decided to pursue a pyrotech, the only problem is that the only guides i have found rely on the players already knowing a substantial amount about the game before hand, something i severely lack. So im asking if anyone kind enough would please help dumb some things down for such a disgraceful noob such as myself.

Sincerely, ChiefHuskey

Hey buddy, I've been working on a 10-50 Video Series on my Powertech which might be useful? I've been playing Bounty Hunter since Beta & finally got around to posting some video's for the TOR community.

Here's the first 3 links of my Pyrotech PVP 10-50 series, lvl 10, 14 & 16 with some build & ability ideas. Hope it helps.

Lvl 10 -

Lvl 14 -

Lvl 16 -

And below is an indepth Spec & Ability guide to explain the mechanics of a Pyrotech for you...

Hope these help & if you find them useful check out & subscribe to my Channel on youtube for a lot more Bounty Hunter action & future content! :D

Good luck!

Edited by Lorcen

Tell you what I did as I leveled my Merc now mined you I dont have a guild or a whole lot of friends so I was solo much of the time, I made sure to go for the commidations on the world Im leveling or any good gear it world give me as I quested but I would make sure to look at the commidation vender for that qorld before I started and see if the gear there would be worth getting also look at the Specilty vender sometime they have good gear also...

Next around level 36 I started to run the Warzone for the 40th level PVP gear go to the vender in the fleet for your class (pvp vender) start buying the pvp gear for 40th level make sure you get the matching set ;)

If you run it like I did everyday I would run the Warzone till I could buy at least one piece of armor per day then go and start leveling trust me if you do this by the time your 40th level you should have all the gear for 40th level...

Next I would level and take gear from missions as I leveled now when you get around 45th then you need to start hitting the warzone again, now you will have dailys at the fleet (in the combat area of the fleet) dont forget to get them but you will only be able to hold up to 2000 wz comm. so save those because by the time you hit 50 what I did was buy the top in gear for pvp which will range from 1550 wz comms. to 450 wz comms. now I got all of my pvp gear in about 3 weeks of doing nothing but warzone so this was my rout take it for what its worth but I do this basicly on all of my character so good luck and have fun :D;)

And don't forget that there are class forums on this board too. You'll probably get even more help if you post in the Bounty Hunter forum.

Secondly, crafting can be fun, and it's quite different in this game when compared to other MMOs. I highly recommend Cybertech. There's a whole crew skills forum to check out there too.

Edited by DPCummerbund

Again, thank you all for the advice and good will. I did some warzones yesterday, and black Talon for the first time in the group finder. It was all a blast and i can start to see and figure out where i am going with my character now. Also, i chose armormech yesterday, is that bad?

And don't forget that there are class forums on this board too. You'll probably get even more help if you post in the Bounty Hunter forum.

Secondly, crafting can be fun, and it's quite different in this game when compared to other MMOs. I highly recommend Cybertech. There's a whole crew skills forum to check out there too.

Yes, there will be plenty of help from fellow bounty hunters. There are about 300 MILLION of them.

Again, thank you all for the advice and good will. I did some warzones yesterday, and black Talon for the first time in the group finder. It was all a blast and i can start to see and figure out where i am going with my character now. Also, i chose armormech yesterday, is that bad?

If I were you, I wouldn't choose Armortech. For Bounty Hunters, my preferences would be in this order:

1) Cybertech

2) Armstech

3) Armortech

On the surface, you know that everybody wears armor, so you'll need to make armor. In this game, however, you can (eventually) get Orange armor, which can be modified. Once you find a set of Orange armor you like, you'll never need to make any more armor - you just switch out the components of the Orange armor you have (these bits include Armoring, Mods, and Enhancements). And, most of the higher-end armor comes as drops from PVP rather than crafting, so you're a bit out of luck there too. So, I think Armortech is the least useful for non-Force users.

Armstech would be helpful, as you can make barrels for your blasters (weapons don't have an Armor slot, they have a barrel slot for blasters or a Hilt slot for lightsabers), and you'll always need those.

However, I think Cybertech is the most useful. You will need to find a source of Orange armor, but that's readily available on the GTN, and occasionally from other vendors or as quest rewards or drops. Cybertech will allow you to make Armoring and Mods, and it's the only crafting skill that can make those two things. Once you get to the upper 20s, all your armor will be Orange, and every piece will need those 2 things. You can buy them as Commendations, but Armoring is really expensive at 7 commendations per piece. In summary, you'd need about 50-60 commendations per planet to get the required armor modifications, and that's just not doable. So, you'll be forced to buy armor mods off the GTN, and that isn't cheap - if you're lucky enough to find precisely the right mod for your toon anyway.

I know all of that sounds confusing now, but it will make more sense as you level up. I learned most of this through trial and error over the first 20 levels or so. But trust me, at least for the leveling process (vs endgame), Cybertech is the way to go.

Edited by DPCummerbund

No its perfect so now you can make your own armor if you want to it helps so ;)