super lag on SF Dantooine

Sattee

It didn't last for me. I'm sure they will get it sorted out Monday. Weekend glitches, unless it involves scruffy looking nerfherders tripping over a plug, generally last all weekend.

Been happening since the patch. So they’ve known about it for days before the weekend. It was reported for 3 days till they responded to the posts.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a second or two delay here and there (once in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold for some reason) but overall things have been much better. So far so good on Star Forge for most people I've spoken to.

Companions, however, are behaving far less predictably than usual. DPS companions just sort of stand there even if you target something and tell them to attack. Healers are the same way; sometimes they stand around and do nothing even if you target someone and click a heal. Hope that helps!

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

After doing Heroics today, lag on planets seems to be hit or miss. Some you get normal SWTOR with random hiccups while on others it's turn-based SWTOR. Belsavis for instance only had 15-20 people but the ability delay was worse than Balmorra which had 50+. Perhaps it was sharing it's server allocation with another planet.

The PVP instance of the planet, when available, is often pretty smooth though. Usually there's only one other person in there. :p

It didn't last for me. I'm sure they will get it sorted out Monday. Weekend glitches, unless it involves scruffy looking nerfherders tripping over a plug, generally last all weekend.

Didn't last for me either. Today, Imperial Nar was hellish and on Coruscant, awful. Oh well.

Recently re-subbed for 6 months... Wish I would have logged in first. It's not "almost" it "is", game breaking. Played for several hours the last few days and the lag seems totally random but it most noticeable in combat because of skills not casting, or randomly being at full health and then being dead.

Trying to do the arena is really frustrating or maybe that's why I can't beat the final 10th boss. Anyways I'm glad the issue is being addressed and am mainly just venting my frustrations.

I know stuff happens that's out of your hands sometimes "devs", but a lot of people in game are quitting temporarily until the problem is resolved and it's bringing about a lot of negativity in the chat about the game as a whole.

• Dev Post
I appreciate everyone keeping us up to date with the status of things over the weekend! I've been passing on the improvements along with the areas that still need further investigation to the team. We'll be rolling out some more adjustments on Monday that should improve the overall situation.

I appreciate everyone keeping us up to date with the status of things over the weekend! I've been passing on the improvements along with the areas that still need further investigation to the team. We'll be rolling out some more adjustments on Monday that should improve the overall situation.

Thank you Daniel.

I had ability lag on Tatooine and Nar Shadda Stronghold (in that case the "ability" is using cargo). It's not as bad as Wednesday where it was unplayable though.

Alderaan (with 5 map instances) and Balmorra were normal.

I didn't check other planets as I'm following my JK story and going/back forth with my main stronghold once in a while.

I was getting periodic lag on the Esseles (SS server) that continued to Coruscant. Abilities sometimes fire and sometimes they batch up and wait a second or 5. The mobs don't have the same issue it seems, so is this an attempt to try and inject some difficulty into the game? If so, it fails hard as it just makes things annoying, not really any more difficult.

Oh well, another 2x week gone by with almost no play time as the game just always seems broken during these weeks. Another resub opportunity wasted for BW. GG dev team

the lag spikes have been very bad for me since the recent patch the ms climbs up to 200k then i dc. happens every 5-10 minutes i deleted that disc cash thing in the swtor folder helps a tiny bit but i end up dcing again frustrating speacially when your runing back to the WB on ossus and dc and you don't get credit happened 4 times.

Thanks Dan,

But double XP will be over then. Could you please go back to Keith and find out if you guys can do another double XP week in a few weeks to compensate for this week being unplayable for many people.

No lag on KoTeT playing one toon. Another toon has unbelievable lag in Coruscant. My companion is on strike and I have to pick nodes myself! I think I hit an enemy only to find it already dead :eek:. Pretty much unplayable. server is Satale Shan.

Seems what ever they did has reduced the lag on Dantooine but has now F’d up pvp. I leap, lag and fall through obstacles or cant pass the HB or hit people mulple times and they take no damage. Score in HB and it resets and next thing you haven’t scored and you’re dead on their line. Getting stuck in the ground can’t cap nodes... am I missing anything... oh yeah... DCDs activation on the task bar goes on to CD, but doesn’t actually activate at all. So you’ve wasted a DC and you have to wait till it’s off CD again.

Please fix the game. It really needs another patch or something. What ever you are doing in the back ground is just moving the problems from one part of the game to another.

It seems to come and go; I'm running across it intermittently on numerous planets.

I'd like to back up the request to consider having another double XP week soon. I feel like this time you guys tried hard to avoid problems - you separated the double XP week from the Dantooine patch, which was a smart move. But there are still major problems. There are only a few more months for people to work toward the Commanding achievement (all 8 classes to 300) before that goes away forever and many players probably could have really used this XP week for that.

The lag is super bad on nar shaddaa as well so bad in nar shaddaa 1 that everyone tried to escape to nar shaddaa 3 that 3 is full and nobone can join it so lots of us are stuck in the super laggy nar shaddaa 1. so it isnt just dantooine which ahs become super laggy the same has happend on corusant as well.

I've mainly noticed the lag on Coruscant (any instance), Dromund Kaas (first instance) and Imperial Balmorra (whatever instance collects the still rampant bug hunt groups). It's by far worst on Coruscant and there it doesn't seem to matter which instance either.

Super ability lag on Hoth, Taris, Alderaan and Tatooine last night on SF.

Im not on SF but im on Darth Malgus EU and we have loads of lag on several planets. one some people try to escape to the planet version 3 instead of planet version 1 which is the laggy one. But this leads to planet 3 being full of lag refugges from planet 3. so that some people have to stay on planet 1. An suffer the lag. Seems to affect all planets, but only instance 1 of them.

IT'S EVERY SERVER, most likely. the SS server has it where it's almost un-playable on the planets Nar Shadaa, Odessen, and others, where our skills can take too long to activate, and then we can die.

EA's servers for other games has gone down the crapper to, to be honest like BF2, which people can hardly get into games.

It's an EA problem, because They have to fund it.

instance 1 on any world with enough users brings out either minor server side lag or severe, and by severe i mean almost fatally on some occasions, for example you loaded into a new planet from the station and in the docking bay, then the server side connection drops for a minute.. maybe two, and then it just comes back. yesterday was particularly bad on my IA doing Kaliyo's vengeance quest, there it dropped several times.

The lag during combat could be so bad in delay, that switching instances would actually be the best option going forwards and it would either stop or completely reduce the lagging to a minor murmer.

The day before this and loading into levels was a chore by itself and it sometimes took minutes to load up.

It isn't just dantooine that is getting this lag..