SWTOR Roadmap - The Autumn Update!

KeithKanneg

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I have seen quite a few questions about the status of the Roadmap, both in timing and in content. I know this is more of an announcement of an announcement, but the plan is to deliver the updated version before our October 6th SWTOR Cantina in New York. I also realize I’ve been more quiet this past month, but we’ve been hard at work making sure we avoid the issues we had last month with Game Update 5.4.

As a result, we pushed back the release date of Game Update 5.5 to October 10, 2017, and as you’ll find out, we have lots of activity happening every couple weeks. In the Roadmap, I will provide you with exactly what we’re doing through the end of 2017 plus a glimpse of early 2018. After it's published, we’ll make sure we are available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and offer any additional insight. For those of you participating at the Cantina, we have a fun surprise for you that we’ll announce in an upcoming Livestream.

Talk with you soon,

---Keith

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

I have seen quite a few questions about the status of the Roadmap, both in timing and in content. I know this is more of an announcement of an announcement, but the plan is to deliver the updated version before our October 6th SWTOR Cantina in New York. I also realize I’ve been more quiet this past month, but we’ve been hard at work making sure we avoid the issues we had last month with Game Update 5.4.

As a result, we pushed back the release date of Game Update 5.5 to October 10, 2017, and as you’ll find out, we have lots of activity happening every couple weeks. In the Roadmap, I will provide you with exactly what we’re doing through the end of 2017 plus a glimpse of early 2018. After it's published, we’ll make sure we are available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and offer any additional insight. For those of you participating at the Cantina, we have a fun surprise for you that we’ll announce in an upcoming Livestream.

Talk with you soon,

---Keith

For all my posts calling BW/EA out on what I see are bad decisions, that's an appreciated post. It wasn't the post I was hoping for ( I was hoping for the roadmap). But I am not going to hate you or anyone for it. I can accept that October 6 is your deadline, and I won't lose any sleep over it.

I also hope that the reason the communication between BW/EA and the players (you want to ensure quality of the next update(s)) turns out to be justified, as in 5.5 releases without being a fiasco.

For all our negative posts about the game and BW/EA, I (and I'm sure others) really are rooting for you to succeed in delivering quality content.

Edited by SolarSaenz

Keith I'll stop my passive aggressive remarks if you kill Theron off-screen with no explanation.

Thanks, Orangenee.

:eek: Nooo! Bad Orangenee! Bad! You just wanted me to call you bad, didn't you. :p

I'd rather your passive aggressive remarks and keep my lovely SIS man out of 'The Walking Dead' list. :)

would be nice if you guys did a cantina in a city like Memphis or New Orleans or Jackson or Nashville or any place within a driving range and decent lodging. Ive been a star wars geek/nerd for long enough that i would like an opportunity to make that 100% official. :)

have a good one and look forward to that roadmap.

Death by Snoo Snoo!

So long as I can be Theron's snoosnoo-er LOL. :eek::D

I am looking forward to hearing about what's ahead. Quite honestly I'm terribly bored atm. Why are there so many darn 'small' hooks on Manaan. *headdesk* (I wish there was an uncontrollable weeping emote here...it's what I do whenever I go into Manaan's basement.)

I did not have a issue with the Wampa companion, I do have an issue with the dung beetle companion created from the Wampa companion's model.

Also that is very brave of the current team doing another live stream. I hope players go easy on the current team during the next live stream so we will get more in the future.

Sigh.

Seconded *rolleyes*

I'd like no kill option for Theron please, he is quite a remarkable character and personally i want him to stay relevant.

However, one must be careful in these forums when talking about killing a character, otherwise people grab the pitchforks and hate at you by accusing you of hating, paradoxically. Even when a thread is not specific of the mentioned character.

Edited by DeVanagloris

Hey everyone,

Talk with you soon,

---Keith

Still waiting for you to say sorry to all the players for breaking your commitment to bring these updates every three months which on your current track you will be a month late .

Edited by Kaizersan