And We're Back Up!

LunaticFringer

I seriously need to write these codes down. I'm also confused about something. Do I put the Game Genie in before or after I do this combination?

That was the greatest invention ever! The only way I finally beat Battle Toads lol

Guess I'll wait till tomorrow to play tho. Good luck getting everything straightened out devs!

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How ignorant of you.

The Producer and the FAQs assured us that we DID NOT NEED TO TAKE ANY PRECAUTIONS as this was a merge and not individual character transfers. Most of my stuff was of the unsellable kind so I'd like them restored on my second server (that was Progenitor). It's gone.

The only thing I'm really annoyed about I had no control over and that was my actual legacy. The one I created years ago spent so much time working on has disappeared and been replaced by one made earlier this year.

Do any of those items truly bring you happiness? I think you will find that all of the love and human kindness that your fellow players have for each other should be more than enough for you. Just let those items go become one with the force, don't be deceived by the darkside by your gluttony of trinkets.

As I have pointed out in other threads--unless something has changed, this is not true. Especially now, since Bioware lists all the game machinery as being "East Coast". SWTOR.com's IP, however, traces to the massive datacenter on E. Cermak Rd. in Chicago, Illinois (I just redid this trace a few weeks ago AFTER the installation of the new game servers too). Last time I checked, Illinois is not considered "East Coast". So why the site comes down the same time the game servers do is anyone's guess. But they are NOT in the same location.

Well, one person pointed out that you could make account changes, so they might be bringing it down deliberately to avoid issues.

I, on the other hand, have a bit more pragmatic opinion: It's to keep all of us players from bombarding the forums. :p

Do any of those items truly bring you happiness? I think you will find that all of the love and human kindness that your fellow players have for each other should be more than enough for you. Just let those items go become one with the force, don't be deceived by the darkside by your gluttony of trinkets.

It clearly brings her happiness and why should she have to give up her stuff, when it was promised it would be transferred intact? If I have to wait a bit longer to make sure everyone gets their stuff moved intact as promised whether they took precautions or not, I'll wait. I know I'd be very upset if I lost my 'trinkets' that I spent a crap tonne of real life and in-game money to get. I'd also be very upset if my main legacy was suddenly erased in favor of a crappier newer one. People put a lot of effort into Legacies and leveling them up.

People were told it would be okay and that nothing had to be done special for this merge, and people should be able to count on that, when they're specifically told.

That was the greatest invention ever! The only way I finally beat Battle Toads lol

Guess I'll wait till tomorrow to play tho. Good luck getting everything straightened out devs!

I loved it when the Game Genie came out. You were at once both the most beloved and most hated gamer on the block if you had one. Suddenly anyone could be that one special guy who held the gun to the screen on Duck Hunt.

Well, one person pointed out that you could make account changes, so they might be bringing it down deliberately to avoid issues.

I, on the other hand, have a bit more pragmatic opinion: It's to keep all of us players from bombarding the forums. :p

This is my guess as well. It's the only thing I can think of. They take them down to keep 10 hours worth of rage and spam off the forums.

Edited by Sinhammer

It clearly brings her happiness and why should she have to give up her stuff, when it was promised it would be transferred intact? If I have to wait a bit longer to make sure everyone gets their stuff moved intact as promised whether they took precautions or not, I'll wait. I know I'd be very upset if I lost my 'trinkets' that I spent a crap tonne of real life and in-game money to get. I'd also be very upset if my main legacy was suddenly erased in favor of a crappier newer one. People put a lot of effort into Legacies and leveling them up.

People were told it would be okay and that nothing had to be done special for this merge, and people should be able to count on that, when they're specifically told.

What worries me is the xp boosting armor we got last year after DvL that I had in there. I've probably got a hundred million in mats and other items in there, but those armor pieces are impossible to replace.

Edited by SFDebris

As with most things in this game, it's not the stuff per se it's the time taken to amass said stuff for alts and the like, some of which is no longer available. If the assurances had not been given you can bet that stuff would have been moved/vendored as quickly as I could have.

What worries me is the xp boosting armor we got last year after DvL that I had in there. I've probably got a hundred million in mats and other items in there, but those armor pieces are impossible to replace.

I understand. :( Hopefully, they'll be able to sort the issue, and if not, well, then I guess tickets will need to be filed and hopefully, you'll be able to get your DvL armor back that way.

I understand. :( Hopefully, they'll be able to sort the issue, and if not, well, then I guess tickets will need to be filed and hopefully, you'll be able to get your DvL armor back that way.

I sent a ticket for my stuff before giving up & logging out. I'm fortunate that I removed my DvL armour and put it on a character. Thank goodness I did.

Bravo - finally, someone gets how properly troll! Well done. 9/10.

I sent a ticket for my stuff before giving up & logging out. I'm fortunate that I removed my DvL armour and put it on a character. Thank goodness I did.

And yesterday I was accused of fear mongering.. I considered going back to that thread and offering the OP a serving of crow but then decided against it..

Hope it all works out for you.. For me I just want to keep my names.

And yesterday I was accused of fear mongering.. I considered going back to that thread and offering the OP a serving of crow but then decided against it..

Hope it all works out for you.. For me I just want to keep my names.

Yep. Fingers crossed said-OP lost all his crap too while trying to delight in this "wonderful" Overflow feature. ;)

My EU Legacy bank seemed fine but I honestly don't remember if I had anything in them to begin with. We'll see for NA - sorry for all those who lost stuff, I hope you get it back.

Maintenance: November 8th, 2017 | 11.09.2017, 06:17 AM

Here is some additional information on what we worked to address. As players started logging into the EU servers we noticed that we began getting alerts for players with more than 500 items in their CM item stashes. Even though it was only a handful of players, we quickly stopped new logins to begin investigating why we were getting the alerts. There was a small issue which we could address quickly to avoid any possible player impact. That is what we corrected and tested, leading to EU coming back online (we also pushed the fix to the NA servers to avoid the issue there when it comes online).

That's the info on what we did with EU.

Thanks!

-eric

What of the reports of Legacy bank issues?

I played on the side of caution too. Better safe than sorry, I say. I'm glad you moved your armour to a character. I moved everything I had in my legacy vault to character inventories and I think that was probably a good thing to do.

Sounds like it was somehow duplicating the items in the Cartel stash from the wording. Weird. I didn't bother emptying my stash because I figured the Cartel market and associated systems was the ONE thing guaranteed to work, lol. Plus since it was account wide I didn't see where the merge would affect it.

The server forums are now live. Here are the English links:

Satele Shan

Star Forge

Darth Malgus

I can't find the old server forums anymore; I thought those would be archived?

Edit: It looks like the forums still exist, but they are no longer linked on the server forums page, so you need to know the old URL, e.g. this one for T3-M4.

Edited by Jerba

Are US Servers still down? I am unable to patch or log in. any ETA?

They've been up since the wee hours of the morning. Sounds like you have issues going on with your internet connection or router.

Edited by kodrac