Obi-Wan .VS. Anakin

LordMerrick

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they were fighting near the lava I always wondered why they weren't spamming Force Push at each other to push each other into the lava for instant win.

Last time it ended with them both being blasted backwards. That doesn't seem like a good option.

As Windu alludes to in the novelisation, Obi-Wan was the greatest master of Soresu the Jedi Order had seen in generations.

It was this mastery that allowed him to defend himself long enough for Anakin's impetuous nature to cause Anakin to make a critical error.

All the power and skill in the world means absolutely nothing if you lose the psychological battle.

Last time it ended with them both being blasted backwards. That doesn't seem like a good option.

Plus the 2nd time it happening the same way? Don't really think so, it might go in Anakin's favor if they attempted another force push duel. Anakin was going at Obi-Wan like a raging bantha, he wasn't wearing down at all.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Plus the 2nd time it happening the same way? Don't really think so, it might go in Anakin's favor if they attempted another force push duel. Anakin was going at Obi-Wan like a raging bantha, he wasn't wearing down at all.

Well, depends. Obi Wan had the most powerful Force Push in the order. Anakin, however, was able to create a draw with his sheer power.

Well, depends. Obi Wan had the most powerful Force Push in the order. Anakin, however, was able to create a draw with his sheer power.

Where does it say Obi-Wan has the most powerful force push? All it says on his page, is that he is capable of a powerful force push, same with Anakin.

You seem to think that there is logic in "those movies". Bad idea. Anyhow "he" needed a dramatic conflict between them and he still needed Anakin to get suited up. Also Anakin at this point would have probably killed Obi-Wan if he won. So for this fight "he" he had Obi-Wan > Anakin. Everything about those movies sucked, well the third one was tolerable to a degree. Also now that I think of it Vader implies in the original that Anakin defeated him at there last meeting.

i realize that, but its a very unsatisfying answer. And on a website like this what topic is better? :)

When someone is angered or upset they never think correctly, he jumped up to the platform that Obi-wan was on, by doing that there was no way he was going to survive without being hit

You haven't watched Phantom Menace have you?

Obi-Wan also knew Anakin was going to jump, he begged(Or told him not to, beg is a bit exaggerated) Anakin to not try it.

Anakin tried it.

Anakin tried him.

And got Bruce Lee'd.

Obi-Wan basically played Anakin through most of that fight. The whole philosophy behind form 3 is the block, deflect, and give ground until the opponent slips up and presents an opportunity. There's another aspect to it though that Kenobi effectively uses on Anakin at Mustafar and that is to exploit the opponent's aggression in subtle but advantageous ways.

Notice how Kenobi knocks Anakin's saber into the control that opens the door to the outside of the mining facility giving Obi-Wan more ground to retreat to? How he uses Anakin's aggressive drive in trying to push his lightsaber into Obi-Wan's face as momentum to flip Anakin and thus get out of the hold? Kenobi uses the environment and his opponent's state of mind against him and Anakin in his all consuming rage didn't see it until it was too late.

Anakin was in one of those "My wife is going to die so I asked an evil guy for help and he told me to murder a bunch of children but they were evil jedi so it's ok and she brought my master here even though he stowed away on her ship without her knowledge but I don't care so I choked her to death and now I'm fighting him on extremely unstable lava mining tools while lava is flying everywhere and we probably shouldn't be out here but i'll stand on this droids head because I hate everything because the jedi council wouldn't give me free stuff and spoil me" moods.

Just an off day. We all have them.

The novel shows that Obi-Wan was actually the one directing the fight. There were some instances where Anakin did have the upper hand and there were others when Kenobi did. Early in the fight Kenobi could have killed him but he did not. Later we know that he crippled him. As someone mentioned Kenobi was the sole master of Soresu. According to Jedi vs. Sith, "True masters of Form lll have long been considered invincible; although not always able to overcome their adversaries , no Form lll masters have ever been defeated." This may explain what appears to be Kenobi's uncanny ability to get out of the serious trouble he often finds himself in. Though Kenobi did say, "My duel with Vader was awful in its savagery. In the end, he was more determined to kill me than defend himself, and was blind with fury when I felled him. I left him maimed and burning on the shores of the lava river." He also showed his gangsta when he told Anakin in the movie to back down or his *** would be grass and then backed it up. The bold in the last quote is my response to those who say Anakin was "unfocused". Edited by LordQordisz

Not even gonna touch Obi vs Anakin on Mustafar because people have way too different views on how it played out. But Anakin was the superior warrior in the case of if we are comparing Obi-Wan's feats vs Anakins.

Obi-Wan killed Maul as a padawan, but at that point Obi-Wan was really no mere padawan so in skill not in title he was a jedi knight before he underwent the trails to hold the title of knight.

Obi-Wan killed Grevious, and chopped off 2 of his hands however he was in a tight bind and resorted to use a blaster to actually kill him. But the duel itself Obi-Wan was holding his own.

Anakin vs Dooku round 1, Anakin held his own far longer then Obi-Wan who was a jedi master and at this point Anakin was only a padawan who was facing not only a powerful sith lord but one of the former jedi order's greatest jedi masters.

Anakin vs Dooku round 2, Obi-Wan is eliminated early on in the duel and at this point Anakin shows that he has grown in strength. Coupled with that in tapping into the darkside, he overwhelms Dooku and before his death acknowledges that Anakin is the finest Djem So stylist he had ever seen.

Now being that only two others have been able to match or beat Dooku(Mace & Yoda) this shows that Anakin was in skill a jedi master. Going to the darkside he used the form in a more brutal fashion, which only made him deadlier then when he was before. But i'll not going into the Musty duel for reasons above, people think different things on it.

--------------

Obi-Wan is the form 3 master and is smart, which really are the only two things he holds above Anakin.

Precisely this.

Determination. Obi-wan knew that everything was at stake and pushed away any emotion and feelings the he could have towards Anakyn. Anakyn, on the other hand succumbed to the dark side because of his emotions. Now he was fighting against one that once was his friend and master and subconsciously he did held back. It will not be the last time that his real feelings get the better of him. Do you remember the end of "Return of the Jedi" ?

the fact that masters of soresu form are invincible..... doesnt really explain how obi-wan's force push equally matched anakins force push. And obi-wan tells anakin in the 3rd movie (after anakin whines like a toddler about not getting the rank of master) "you are a far more powerful jedi than I can ever hope to become."

Buut....knowing his padawan inside and out like some have pointed out......does go a long way in explaining obi-wan's victory. That and playing a defense game waiting for ani to slip up.

the fact that masters of soresu form are invincible..... doesnt really explain how obi-wan's force push equally matched anakins force push. And obi-wan tells anakin in the 3rd movie (after anakin whines like a toddler about not getting the rank of master) "you are a far more powerful jedi than I can ever hope to become."

Humility is a mark of a great warrior. I believe Obiwan was simply being humble when he said this.

Edited by Hiddenronin

Reason why Anakin lost in the fight was because the good needed to beat the evil at that point and this is a selling point for movies. It is rare to see evil win and have the movie end on that note.

To the obi-wan fanboys:

You obviously havent watched clones wars or read the books about anakin displaying way more skill and smarts to gain victory in duels. Anakin had way more access to the force than Obi Wan. As a warrior anakin was way above in comparison of anakin and obiwan vs obiwan and Qui-Gon Jinn. So if you are going to compare them Anakin was already above obi wan, the only thing that Obi wan had more than anakin was his pride.

Personally if anakin was gonna get chopped at the end i would have preffered it to be by explotion or an accident, but not in a duel vs obi wan.

Again, George only cares about his merchandize money and how much he will leave for his children after he dies. He doesnt care about the STORY of star wars, he certainly lost the drive for that in his early years and the importance to work with people to give help him make a good story again, he rather just hire brown-nosing idiots.

George to you: Money got the best of you.

Edited by Gaucho