Has anyone else been experiencing severe lag on this server lately?

Vulsamee

I've noticed that when I play, my game lags A LOT on this server. I have one character on another server and I'm not saying that I never lag there, but it's not nearly as severe. I'm not just talking about it lagging for a second or two, but I'm waiting for like five minutes sometimes walking at an invisible wall with nothing happening, only to discover that I'm dead, in combat, etc. This has been happening a lot and the lag is severe.

Is it just me or are you guys sharing that same experience? Could it be I join when the servers are heavily populated? I'm new to SWTOR, PC Gaming, and MMOs, so this might be something common or well-known for you guys.

Yes, not just on fleet, on planet, but also in WZ's. It's really been noticeable for me since Monday night, and subsequently all week.

It seems like it's a rolling lag spike; happening about 2-3x/minute.

I thought it was something with my connection, it's not. Was playing mostly this week from a hotel wifi, but at home with a cat-5 to fiber speeds, same issues are present.

Edited by adiwantinova

Ah, okay, so at least it's not just me. I've also been having this starting at the beginning of the week. Do you know anything about it being fixed or being addressed or anything?

It's really annoying because, like, I'm trying to play a game with constant and severe lag. x) Good to know it's not just me I suppose, though it sucks that everyone else might be experiencing it.

Well, I decided to increase my graphics settings (up from "very low" to "low" preset values), which usually drops my FPS and overall performance this morning to test, and I had no lag/choppiness at all. The game looked significantly better, and my FPS fluctuated between 30-60 all through one WZ.

I did not, however, try to play another WZ with my settings back at "very low" to see if my experience was less choppy again.

That means one of two things:

(1) The lag is based upon peak play times/higher populated times for the server itself, or

(2) The "very low" setting (at least for my machine) could be causing some lag (odd).

Probably the first, which would make it a server-related issue for us. Dunno.

Some guildies complain about it too, but they don't have it as frequently as I have had it this week they've said.

Edited by adiwantinova

Well, I decided to increase my graphics settings (up from "very low" to "low" preset values), which usually drops my FPS and overall performance this morning to test, and I had no lag/choppiness at all. The game looked significantly better, and my FPS fluctuated between 30-60 all through one WZ.

I did not, however, try to play another WZ with my settings back at "very low" to see if my experience was less choppy again.

That means one of two things:

(1) The lag is based upon peak play times/higher populated times for the server itself, or

(2) The "very low" setting (at least for my machine) could be causing some lag (odd).

Probably the first, which would make it a server-related issue for us. Dunno.

Some guildies complain about it too, but they don't have it as frequently as I have had it this week they've said.

Im on the Harbinger, and it has been pretty bad since about X-mas. I don't think it's your server, I just think whoever was responsible for feeding the hamsters at BW was off from 12-24 to 1-15.

For me only some planets I have problems and has been that way since 1.4. When I leveled my first two toons on the empire before 1.4 I never suffered lag.

Alderaan

Black Hole (log into only)

Balmora

Hoth

Fleet, FP, and WZ I see no problem. After 1.4 dropped I set my graphics to very low, but still see problems on this planet.

I think it is server related. When PvP'n as a group, we normally all get lag at the same time. Different client configurations and in different geographic areas all experiencing very bad rubber-banding lag at the exact same time.

Server hardware having to swap to disk would be my best guess not knowing anything about the situation at all.

Yep, I've also been experiencing server lag. My favourite is when the game convienently lags like hell when I'm giving people in WZs a serious beating. :D

Also been experiencing a lot of game crashes and I know I'm not the only one. Happens during a loading screen or I get hit what seems to be massive lag then crash. Seems like each major patch the game gets more unstable. :(

I've been experiencing a lot of lag lately as well. I mostly pvp, so it has all happened in wz's. I can't say for sure it was hacking. Most of the time it is random, but there was one huttball match I was in last night where the lag spiked every time I got near the goal line as the ball carrier. Next thing I know I'm dead. Correlation isn't causation, but still annoying.

I have been experiencing frequent lag spikes and DC for the past two weeks. It's to the point now that, before I log on, I debate whether it's worth dealing with the issues. Most times I can deal, but when it's me and my wife playing, my tolerance decreases sharply.

I would really appreciate the powers that be taking a look at this problem and fixing it. (yeah, I know, I'm an optimist)