Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post
Thanks for the answer. Peoples were concerned about a possible rollback due to the Legacy Overflow working strangely, will there be anything like this ?

(I think you should also explain how this overflow works, i've seen multiples person search for it without finding it ;) )

Nothing we are looking into should have any type of rollback implications, no fear there. As for Legacy Storage, simply put your Legacy should now be a combination of all of your existing ones within that set of origin servers that combined. If this would cause Storage to be full it will go into overlfow which you can access via a flashing red button in your inventory.

-eric

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you fools keep on raging thats not going to get your way the servers will be up when they are done testing them so fo those of you who have girlfriends ( or are worse married ) spend some time with them go watch a movie eat a meal do some jumping jacks maybe when your done the servers will be back up...

Nothing we are looking into should have any type of rollback implications, no fear there. As for Legacy Storage, simply put your Legacy should now be a combination of all of your existing ones within that set of origin servers that combined. If this would cause Storage to be full it will go into overlfow which you can access via a flashing red button in your inventory.

-eric

Thank you for all your work, I hope you guys can get some sleep soon :sy_star:

That's true but I quit my job and everything for this game. ITS MY LIFE

If this game is your life, then you're going to be in a world of hurt when reality sinks in. Believe me, I know from first hand experience. It used to be my life too, but now I've included reality in my days too and life is much better now. Not as fun, but better.

When are you going to do something about RP servers? You guys just kind of left us out in the cold.

Re-read Eric's post you quoted; your answer comes 11 words in(including PVP, PVE), second sentence. The sentence begins with "Reminder", feel and free and read the entire thing but the direct answer to your concern begins there and ends with "server."

;)

@Devs, thank you for all the work you've put in today, you're probably getting a serious case of the coffee jangles. I feel for you and I understand the pressure you're in for this. Just know that there are plenty of people in the forums who have already expressed their appreciation for your diligence and making sure everything is okay. Even if it means it's Friday morning before the servers are up to stay up, better than that all of a variety of things that go wrong.

Thank you and here's hoping for the best.

Edited by xordevoreaux

-eric

You guys aren't hearing enough of this, so here I go: thank you for taking the time to make this roll out as smoothly as possible. For as mad as people are getting, it is truly you guys that are keeping the game even afloat, and with as many updates as it gets! You're the reason we even HAVE the game to play, so we appreciate that.

...but yes, still don't burn yourselves out. If you guys need to go take care of family, or get some sleep, or whatever, take the time to do that stuff, okay? People may be whining and grumpy, but there's no point doing good work if you're going to exhaust yourselves in the process.

Oh, and since we're talking about cookies, I work at a doughut shop. Sending you metaphorical pastries and positive vibes.

Yup! We are going to bring EU fully offline to deploy a possible fix, there won't be a patch to download. We will then go through some verification steps and work to get it back online (along with getting NA rolling).

-eric

Thank you Eric for keeping us updated, I take that the US will be awhile longer? I just tried and still was not able to log in. I may have misunderstood what you said but I noticed that the information thing went down.

-eric

Thanks again for the details and help, good luck with the rest of the work guys, you're not that far from making it ;)

@Devs, thank you for all the work you've put in today, you're probably getting a serious case of the coffee jangles. I feel for you and I understand the pressure you're in for this. Just know that there are plenty of people in the forums who have already expressed their appreciation for your diligence and making sure everything is okay. Even if it means it's Friday morning before the servers are up to stay up, better than that all of a variety of things that go wrong.

Thank you and here's hoping for the best.

Figures you would get the last word in before the forums shut down.

• Dev Post
Thank you Eric for keeping us updated, I take that the US will be awhile longer? I just tried and still was not able to log in. I may have misunderstood what you said but I noticed that the information thing went down.

We will be testing the fix on EU since that is where we noticed the issue. Once that is confirmed we will bring EU back online first to ensure nothing else jumps out. Then we will wrap up on NA and get it live as quickly as we can comfortably do so. Hopefully those two timeframes won't be too far apart. Still waiting on an ETA on my side.

-eric

How much more active is the Star Forge going to be really? I heard that the other servers merging with Ebon Hawk is mostly dead.

Conjecture right now is pointless.

Let the devs do their work, and we'll learn the state of things when we log on.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Basically.....EU servers are their alpha pilot for this patch they are working on. If it works, it gets applied to the NA servers and they bring them online.

There is a reason to their decision to bring the EU up first.. Started light and used them as an extended test bed.

We will be testing the fix on EU since that is where we noticed the issue. Once that is confirmed we will bring EU back online first to ensure nothing else jumps out. Then we will wrap up on NA and get it live as quickly as we can comfortably do so. Hopefully those two timeframes won't be too far apart. Still waiting on an ETA on my side.

-eric

Thank you, Eric. You guys are awesome.

You guys aren't hearing enough of this, so here I go: thank you for taking the time to make this roll out as smoothly as possible. For as mad as people are getting, it is truly you guys that are keeping the game even afloat, and with as many updates as it gets! You're the reason we even HAVE the game to play, so we appreciate that.

...but yes, still don't burn yourselves out. If you guys need to go take care of family, or get some sleep, or whatever, take the time to do that stuff, okay? People may be whining and grumpy, but there's no point doing good work if you're going to exhaust yourselves in the process.

Oh, and since we're talking about cookies, I work at a doughut shop. Sending you metaphorical pastries and positive vibes.

Y'know, its posts like this that make me wish there was a like or an upvote system here because sadly, I don't know how many of our "you can do it" or "take care of yourself" and "thank you" posts they've really been able to read with all of the raging and almost bullying comments that have been plastered across this forum and the twitter. It's people like you who I love gaming with - people who appreciate the hard work the devs are putting into the game to try and make the rollouts as smooth as possible, along with every story add on and game update.

OMG really i do know people who are IT's just so you know. and when they do stuff like they are doing now they work in shift to help it run smoother and faster. but you just proved how dumb you truly are. have a nice night PennyAnn

I know people in IT also - and it's not unusual to work 20+ hour shifts on things like this. It depends on the company. And you are talking about a company that doesn't likely have enough people working on this to take "shifts".

But just because you want me to, I WILL have a nice night! Thanks. :D