The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I had an interesting Cademimu, on my Op healer. Zone in, the tank immediately starts complaining "I hate this one"

I get slightly worried. Then on the first pull, tank's health plummets like a stone. I keep him alive, but it's really hard. I notice he's not in Soresu. :rolleyes:

With that fixed, we continue. Everything else seems to go okay until we get to General Ortol. The group just cannot seem to handle shackle mechanic. I break as many shackles as I can, but when I get shackled, I have to use my stun breaker.

Then suddenly we all get shackled at the same time (except for the tank). It's called out in chat. Rocket smoke starts coming down. Tank runs away. We all die except for the tank.

I was then presented with this conversational gem:

[Group] [dps]: stuck

Defeated by with Rocket Exhaust (10761 damage)

[Group] [me]: we both had shackles

[Group] [me]: and my stun breaker was on CD

General Ortol: "Keep firing! Keep firing!"

[Group] [tank]: call it out

[Group] [me]: <dps> did

[Group] [tank]: It isn't the tanks job to handle mechanics, they just handle tanking

/le sigh

Edited by Khevar

/snip

I have been told that for this encounter players need to spread out and stand at least 4m away from each other on opposite sides of the boss, that way the boss only throws the shackle mechanic on one player at a time. I haven't been able to test this theory out, but I have seen all players get hit with the shackles at the same time, and interestingly enough we were all standing on same side of the boss and too close together, so there may be some merit to what I have been told.

Can anyone shed some light on this mechanic? How does it work exactly?

I have been told that for this encounter players need to spread out and stand at least 4m away from each other on opposite sides of the boss, that way the boss only throws the shackle mechanic on one player at a time. I haven't been able to test this theory out, but I have seen all players get hit with the shackles at the same time, and interestingly enough we were all standing on same side of the boss and too close together, so there may be some merit to what I have been told.

I can confirm this. A couple days ago I did Cademimu with my guildmates. All of us were melee (I was healing on my scoundrel, and I like to stand in melee range to get upper hand stacks with blaster whip and help with DPS), so naturally we were close together by the boss. We were getting shackled a lot and growing quite frustrated with it. On the third or so try at Ortol I finally noticed the pattern. On the next run, I kept my distance and we completed the fight successfully, not getting four-shackled even once.

Got Lost Island HM last night. Everyone says "hello" and I wait a bit for anyone to say if they're here for the first time. Checking their achievements while waiting. One dps and the healer have done it once in story mode and the other dps hasn't even touched it. All three are 0% in operations.

A minute passes by without anyone saying a word. I knew it was going to be a fun run.

DPS1 keeps aggroing before me. DPS2 keeps aggroing everything he sees. He also takes half a minute to sucessfully walk under the bridge with the bird champion on it. Miraculously, we make it to the first boss without deaths. Here they all, and I mean the healer too, engage the boss completely ignoring the adds. Since the healer isn't healing, I'm forced to cycle through my defensive cooldowns. I even had to put Kinetic Ward up. Boss dies, they all start looting with 4 adds beating down on them.

I simply ignore it and engage the bridge group which dies by the time they take out boss adds and catch up.

Droid boss comes along. I'm jumping around the entrance for good 30 seconds in hopes of anyone saying anything about tactics. Everyone is silent. I click the console and engage. We wipe at 20% since they have no idea where and how to place the electric shield thingies. They also completely ignore the adds again and they, naturally, overwhelm the healer. Second try and I again wait for someone to ask about mechanics. Nothing. Fine.

I ask them to click the console so we can go again. They go for it. Clicking the console isn't needed since the boss has already been engaged so I just chuckle to myself and start the fight with them running around the console.

We get the boss down and continue to the Jumpmonkey. First Smash and the DPS2 flies off the platform. Never says a word. No one says anything. I guess it's all normal for them. We three-man the boss, DPS2 manages to run back and win the decoration item. Ofcourse. Who else?

Bonus boss and the DPS2 dies in first two seconds of falling icicles. Guess who wins the roll on the decoration item.

Final boss and we wipe because they're all standind in bad like it was the frakking Fountain of Youth or something. Second go, DPS2 dies to bad, healer ragequits. DPS1 and I die. Third attempt: I've requeued the group but after a minute of waiting I pull out my Tharan and go. Tharan dies to bad eventually, but he did outlive the DPS2 so all is good. Fourth attempt: I realise the only way to beat this is by overwhelming it with damage before my cooldowns become useless so I summon my trusty Nadia. Fight goes well up to the second kolto tank where Nadia dies. DPS2 dies shortly after leaving the DPS1 and me to push the boss into his change phase. Once that's done, I get Nadia up, lock her on the now Rakghoul boss and start cycling Unity, Heroic Moment and legacy abilities. Boss dies in a blaze of Force Strom, my Project and Nadia's AoE.

Guess who wins their third decoration item.

I've been playing this game for a year, but only came across Hammer Station HM about a month ago. I always saw the cleanse ability in the skill tree, but never used it. It wasn't until this FP that the tank was getting frustrated that I wasn't using it and I had no idea on how to do it. Once learned, though, I've been using it as much as I can now, even in OPS groups, although it's surprising how much of the debuffs can't actually be removed. Just the nanites in TFB and DF or DP (forgot which one).

In SM Ops, most can be cleansed. In HM and NM, not much can be.

Back when Ortol was bugged with his shackle mechanic I learned exactly how it works. Out of the four players present he picks one, and throws the shackles at them. Thing is though the shackle is a small AoE around the targetted person, so if you are too close to the main target you get caught too. During the bug, only the primary target could be freed, anyone caught by proximity to primary was stuck. Full on stuck, no amount of running through them helped only their breaker could free them.

So I always like to have melee try and stay spread on opposite sides of the boss for this reason. Bug is gone, but it cuts down on ppl getting caught.

Anoher guild story.

Joined a 16 HM DF posted in Allies. Was maybe ½ to ¾ of this guild, which I’ve seen around. I was worried immediately when they had a longer than normal discussion about Nefra. Usually in hm df pugs, it’s just calling out cleansing assignments and droid duty at Nefra. But they covered ev-er-y-thing. A lot of unnecessary discussion. So I could tell a majority of them were new to hm.

We pulled maybe 5 times before we called it. Tanks kept dying, and cleansers were always late to cleanse. But that’s not what bothered me. What bothered me is that as people left (without warning, yes, but also without problems, i.e. nothing like, “you guys are noobs”), the guild would trash talk them.

There were 3 pugs in the run who left. I’ll give them a name and brief description:

“FullDF” – Had 100% DF completion

“Leet guild” – part of guild that was NiM Brontes server first

“I know” – declined voice because he said he knew what he was doing.

So “I know” wasn’t in voice. After 2nd wipe, he left. The guild then proceeded to trash talk him. “Oh, Mr. I know what I’m doing left”, “oh mr I don’t need voice couldn’t handle it”

After wipe 3, “leet guild” made a comment about if he needed to teach the healers about cleansing/kolto probes or something. He ended up dying the next round. Then, the guild: “Oh, the one who complained about heals died. Oh, look at that, thought you knew what you were doing.”

After wipe 4, both “FullDF” and “leet guild” left. Right on cue, the guild: “oh look, those two left psh” “a few wipes then rage quit?” “how can you even raid if you’re that impatient”

I had been debating to leave the entire time. It’s not like they seemed super focused anyway. They had the attitude of, “we faceroll SM so HM will be easy lolz let’s just joke and be obnoxious the entire time!” After those last 2 left and got trash talked, I had to say something. I pointed out the achievements of those players. Got stupid responses like “this is for those new to HM” (uh nefra is easy) and the like.

Wipe 5 and they decided to switch to hm snv. I left.

I just don’t get that attitude. In my older guild a while back, we were having trouble one run with Council SM. A few players who had done HM were giving us pointers/corrections. And yet they got called know-it-alls by my then guildies. Oh, I see, you’re so good that you don’t need advice, that’s why we’re failing at this right? Ok. :rolleyes:

TLDR: New to DF HM guild couldn’t get past Nefra, and trash talked anybody that left.

“a few wipes then rage quit?” “how can you even raid if you’re that impatient”

An extreme example from SM fp's

Loooooong time back. Foundry SM run with pt tank, sorc dps, sniper and me as merc healer.

Get to bonus boss, start the fight and sorc dps doesn't move out of spit. I heal through it first time, but he stands in stupid again. The Tank in this group is awesome and the sniper knows his stuff, so I decide mr "I can ignore mechaincs because the group has a healer" can be left to die. The very second he dies he dc's, I feel quite guilty as I assumed his not moving out of spit was a lag issue.

Get a Boarding party SM pop, with my nemesis (mentioned a long way back, a number of times) "tanking", the same sorc dps and a mara (who actually plays as a dps :eek:) and my merc healer. "tank" pulls all 3 starting pulls at once (3 seperate pulls of 3 standards and 1 strong then 3 standards and 1 strong, then 3 standards, 1 strong and 2 elites) then combat stealths (hence he is referred to as nemesis, because hes so bad). I aggro dump and sorc dps takes it all. I can't heal through it, Sorc dies, and quits, though proceeds to flame me in whisper.

Foundry SM again. The first boss (though you can hardly call that a boss), the tank and other dps run round the upper pathway to get the bonus (the press 20 consoles one). Sorc dps ignores where us other 3 are going and goes down towards boss. Not a problem, he can wait by the boss while us 3 just pick up this bonus console thing. He doesn't wait, he pulls the boss by himself, dies, flames me in group chat then rage quits.

3 instances of rage quit after 1 death, he will never cope with ops.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Had a tank refuse to do the bonus boss in HM Hammerstation out of fear of wiping. So I pulled it with the 2 dps around and then 3 man'd it. After doing so, the tank left and said we were the worst group ever. Lawl.

God only knows how any tank on SL would not want to do that with Rambeezy healing. Even one WZ with him in it tells you how good his healing is.

I mean, unless youre trying to say that the max hp on the live Modo is different than on his corpse right after you kill it .. which sounds idiotically crazy enough to be plausible for Bioware.

So, it took seven tries before I got the Command platform final zone, but, here we have the boss, alive with 781k, and when dead, it registers as exactly 351,900.

Why this is, I do not know.

http://tinypic.com/r/6r2as5/8

Just wanted to point out that this happened.

Had an interesting TfB 8m run through GF yesterday afternoon. My Guild saw the call on fleet and a couple of friends decided to join. Scoundrel healer, extremely well geared - 168 minimum with set bonus - and Guardian DPS more and less at the same lvl. I was on my Guardian Tank in 162 with set bonus and 168+ without it.

So we join the group without issues as a package, all together in moments. I clarified I tanked the Op before, and at that time we still lacked another tank. We were melee heavy, DPS being 3 Guardians - one my friend - and a Sentinel. But no biggie, I just love seeing Force Sweeping around, so no worries.

Healers were my Scoundrel friend and a similarly geared Sage. No set bonus on him, but again, no problem.

Then we get another Guardian Tank. He has 200 HP more than me and is at a similar gear lvl, without set bonus though.

We get in right away and gather at the entrance of the first tunnel. Since noone clarified who was maintank and who would offtank, I asked. As always, I'm fine either way, so no problem on my part. The other Guardian Tank decided to maintank. Ok, then I will not taunt unless enemies go for others, I thought. Boy, was I right! :rolleyes:

As soon as we attacked he showed a bad case of tunnelvision. I had to grab the mobs and Force Push them close to each other, then Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash on CD. Masstaunt also helped. To the point that I got asked to either Masstaunt right away or to avoid it, because the other DPS were stuck chasing their target. :D

I was guarding my Guardian friend, and the Sent ripped aggro off the enemy he was attacking. I taunted back though, so no problem.

At this point I noticed only one guard was around. Mine. And aswell only taunt debuffs were mine. But ok, I thought, perhaps he just forgot. I don't want to be annoying, I'll just shut up till we wipe.

The whole run through the mobs went like that till the first boss. RC happens, and I ask if the other tank prefers to be on boss or on Mate. Boss he says. Ok, then I'll take care of the Mate. Fight goes well, but I keep boss focused and notice the Sent and my Guardian friend are taking turns tanking. Without taunting off the other Tank, mind you. Switch guard as needed all the fight. Only result is their turns tanking get shorter. :confused:

Still, boss goes down and noone dies, so again I decide not to say anything. My Guildies noticed the issue, though, as I did. In fact, they said the other Tank was "keeping aggro like a Training Dummy". :rolleyes:

I asked them to keep an eye on him for me, because I feared something may have been wrong with his rotation. I never had that much trouble with others geared at around my level. Now, Sents in 180+ with set bonus are another matter entirely...

We keep clearing thrash while proceeding to the first money boss, the leaping one. Again, my Guardian friend tanks when I'm not. Which luckily is not often. Other tank simply attacks. We lost two Guardians there, though, to my dismay. They were rezzed, but I take it as my fault if someone dies in Ops. :(

So, next boss. The Dread Guards. I ask again what the other tank prefers to do. No answer. Ok, I take Kel'sara, I say. And I kept Kel'sara on me the whole time. I reached a personal record of 27 debuff stacks, burning all my DCds, adrenal, medpac and so on. Still, SM. We can manage. At that point they had downed in order Heirad and Ciphas. I called for a tank swap to take some time to lose those stacks. Other Tank taunted off me, and then we went on. We lost another Guardian - again, not my friend, they were the only ones that didn't die even once apart from me and the other Tank. Except on the only wipe we had... :rolleyes:

Still, we downed them.

Cleared thrash again, next money boss. No issues there, luckily, but I had my Masstaunt on constant CD to keep enemies on me. No deaths.

Operator IX. Op leader assigned groups. Me and the other Tank were blue. First time I see tanks paired, but I understand the logic to free both tanks for later. So I decide to give it a try.

We explained the basics and off we go. First phase blue, of course. I was supposed to channel, so I went to the console. "Black Parallel Required". Which means the other tank was not in the blue circle. I called him there to no avail, and the Sage finally pulled him. I was able to channel for a full 5 seconds. Nice. Of course, phase fails and we get the big mean droid. Which the other Tank keeps on himself. Noone attacks it, so it's not that hard.

Other phases proceed as planned, but I have to manage all adds with my Guardian DPS Guildie. Again, my Guildies keep telling me the other tank is not doing what he should, but I reply with a less talking more killing. My Scoundrel Healer Guildie helps me keep the adds off the channeller when they slip past me. And we pass the other phases till purple. There, one of the DPS Guardians is assigned with my Scoundrel friend. And my friend is supposed to channel. Dejavu. Other Guardians goes to attack adds instead. Again, Sage pulls and he gets the hint. Second big mean droid, and the other Tank taunts that too. I Masstaunt to save him, he was at around 20%, dropping fast. I assumed he burned all CDs there, thus the Masstaunt. Nope, he Masstaunted back, and went to the boss. With the two droids in tow. He dies, my Masstaunt is on CD, the droids go crazy and sweep the foor with us. We wiped. :(

Second attempt went better, this time I was assigned a Guardian DPS as blue phase companion. And the other tank was assigned to channel on orange phase. Blue phase passed, aswell as the others. We failed nothing. Boss went down easy. No deaths, no critical healing needed. I tanked it, of course. Other Tank just tunnelvisioned as usual. :o

Next money boss, again no deaths, but the tanking is still between me, my Guardian DPS friend and the Sentinel, that after that fight has my Guard on him permanently till the end of the Op. He never rips aggro again. :D

Now, Kephess was fun. It's likely the favourite boss of the Op for me. :) I of course tanked it all, except when the lightning debuff was on me. Naturally, I got the debuff all the time and ran through lightnings like a crazed man with suicidal instincts. :D

A few times I had to wait till the next lightning appeared, which is something that never happened to me. Wishing for an AoE from boss to appear, I mean. :rolleyes: My Guardian DPS friend offtanked. Other Tank again attacked without a serious rotation. I saw buffs for Force Sweep and Blade Storm pile up to three, but never saw the two attacks being used. Same goes with Force Stasis. Never saw the boss have the graphical effect of it. Being stuck waiting for the lightning AoE to appear on the floor, I now noticed his rotation: Lightsaber Throw, Force Jump, Master Strike on CD, Strike. With the occasional DCd. Of course, Lightsaber throw and Force Jump were only an opener. This explained his trouble keeping agro, I guess. :eek:

Still, Kephess went down. We lost the Sage Healer at a point, and a Guardian DPS, but at least Kephy went down. :cool:

We watch the cutscene and I get a whisper from the Ops Leader asking me to explain the fight ot the other tank. He knows of phase one, but after that he never saw what happened clearly, and as such needs help explaining. Ok, I say. And I begin whispering hte other Tank as politely as I can. I ask him if he knows the fight, to avoid making him feel bad. I get a "It's been ages", at which point I inspect his achievements. DF 16m SM till the weekly. That's all for Ops. FPs, only Esseles, SM. And a few first bosses here and there. Oh well... That explains it, I guess. I just focus on being as clear as I can about mechanics. The Tanks positioning, the Spit, the Scream. The tantrum phase. The Anomalies. And the Tentacles.

I explain the fight taking Dulfy's guide as a model, since it's one of the most clear I found around. Going slow and with details. I tell him what he should be doing on every situation. And of course I clarify Tentacles are DPS targets. So he has one less thing to worry about. I stress the need for Tank swap on the Scream. And the necessity of moving off the platform after a Spit. I also suggest he use his Force Sweep and Blade Storm when he can, and that Sundering Strike gives him Focus. He thanks me for the suggestions and says he understands and that he's ready to go. Ok, I tell that to the Ops Leader, and off we go.

This time he uses a more proper rotation, inserting the occasional Sundering Strike, Force Sweep and Blade storm in the mix. He also used Force Stasis once! :D

He still had to taunt on CD to keep the tentacle on him, but it was far smoother than before. :)

Phase one passed with no issues, only a couple of times my Guardian DPS friend ripped aggro off him. But he was ready to taunt back after a few seconds, so no big deal. No deaths.

Phase two was nice too, but he kept sticking to me all the time till I told him to get to a platform on the other side. :o

He taunted off me at the first Scream, and apparently avoided the Spit. I taunted off him the next Scream and avoided the Spit too. Then he stopped taunting though, so I ate the third Scream and what was after, burning all my DCds. Only Sage bubble, Scoundrel HoT and my medpac saved me from death. Enure helped too. I called for a taunt off at least three times before I saw a taunt debuff on the boss. Scream debuff went away though, and the healers topped me with HoTs running, as such I taunted off him at the following Scream. The last one, luckily. The Terror entered his Tantrum shortly after my Scream debuff faded. And we downed the boss with only the Sent dying.

After that we all looted the final drop, said our farewells and so on. We left instance and group shortly after. My Guildies kept telling me they had no idea how that guy could have been Maintank with that kind of rotation, and I told them he was likely new but afraid to say so. They were more comprehensive after that. :p

Tbh I don't really feel that good, though. :o

I mean, yes, he was new. He likely levelled through KDY or something the like. He knew few things about his spec, but obviously not enough. But I didn't take the time to notice that myself and give him a few hints till the last boss, thus causing a wipe and deaths for everyone but my Guildies. I feel responsible. Should I have taken a moment earlier? Should I have noticed on the first few pulls that went not as well as usual? :(

Anoher guild story.

Joined a 16 HM DF posted in Allies. Was maybe ½ to ¾ of this guild, which I’ve seen around. I was worried immediately when they had a longer than normal discussion about Nefra. Usually in hm df pugs, it’s just calling out cleansing assignments and droid duty at Nefra. But they covered ev-er-y-thing. A lot of unnecessary discussion. So I could tell a majority of them were new to hm.

We pulled maybe 5 times before we called it. Tanks kept dying, and cleansers were always late to cleanse. But that’s not what bothered me. What bothered me is that as people left (without warning, yes, but also without problems, i.e. nothing like, “you guys are noobs”), the guild would trash talk them.

There were 3 pugs in the run who left. I’ll give them a name and brief description:

“FullDF” – Had 100% DF completion

“Leet guild” – part of guild that was NiM Brontes server first

“I know” – declined voice because he said he knew what he was doing.

So “I know” wasn’t in voice. After 2nd wipe, he left. The guild then proceeded to trash talk him. “Oh, Mr. I know what I’m doing left”, “oh mr I don’t need voice couldn’t handle it”

After wipe 3, “leet guild” made a comment about if he needed to teach the healers about cleansing/kolto probes or something. He ended up dying the next round. Then, the guild: “Oh, the one who complained about heals died. Oh, look at that, thought you knew what you were doing.”

After wipe 4, both “FullDF” and “leet guild” left. Right on cue, the guild: “oh look, those two left psh” “a few wipes then rage quit?” “how can you even raid if you’re that impatient”

I had been debating to leave the entire time. It’s not like they seemed super focused anyway. They had the attitude of, “we faceroll SM so HM will be easy lolz let’s just joke and be obnoxious the entire time!” After those last 2 left and got trash talked, I had to say something. I pointed out the achievements of those players. Got stupid responses like “this is for those new to HM” (uh nefra is easy) and the like.

Wipe 5 and they decided to switch to hm snv. I left.

I just don’t get that attitude. In my older guild a while back, we were having trouble one run with Council SM. A few players who had done HM were giving us pointers/corrections. And yet they got called know-it-alls by my then guildies. Oh, I see, you’re so good that you don’t need advice, that’s why we’re failing at this right? Ok. :rolleyes:

TLDR: New to DF HM guild couldn’t get past Nefra, and trash talked anybody that left.

What I hate is when people trash talk those that are not on TS. There was one case I saw a few months back where some guy was in TS but the guild that was running it thought he wasn't, was pretty funny when they all went silent after he made the announcement he could actually hear them all :D

My ignore list get longer every day on Red Eclipse.

3 "tank" Assassins who spam Overload.

One of them was very interesting one:

- Level 48

- Only procs I spotted were Exploitative Strikes and Energize

- No Force Pull

- No Wither

- No Harnessed Darkness

- Kept Force Lightning on CD

Edited by Halinalle

Just had an interesting SM atheiss run on my scoundrel healer.

Guardian tank, shadow dps and commando dps. We jump down the hole as no1 has slicing, myself and the commando are rather ahead of the other 2. We set off towards the explosives and I wait for the other 2. Commando doesn't and pulls so I keep him alive and the other 2 join in after.

After the fight the commando makes a comment about "you want the trooper to do it all? lol". I point out it was his choice to pull. I then notice our tank is in shien, I bring it up politely and the tank says "I find everything easier in this form, even tanking". Well he seems confident so I just say "ok, we will see how it goes" (tbh aggro is all over the place and every fight is a shambles but nobody dies so no real issues).

However the commando gets worse as the mission goes on. Pulling ahead of the tank, breaking cc and chainpulling. However I manage to keep us all alive despite the stupidity.

The real problem comes in the commando's attitude. The tank asks multiple times to be allowed to pull first, The shadow and myself ask him not to break the cc's we had used to skip every trash pull in the jungle area and not to pull extra groups while we are already in a fight. He comes out with crap like "lol nobody died" (the tank attributed this to me, how nice of him), "if you want to pull first then go faster", "no need to use recharge and reload, the healer should do their job better", "who cares what you cc'ed, I attack what I want".

Now this bloke is clearly new, hes level 20 and his buff only adds fortification. Therefore I make a comment along the lines of "I don't mind playing alongside new people, or advising them, just don't be so rude". The three of us now need to put up with a s**tstorm of abuse in the chat about how he has been playing 3 years, since launch, and has 2 lvl 55's and a lvl 43 (I didn't bother pointing out thats worse than my character list after 10 months) and he is really pro (I check his achievements and he's definitely new).

Get to the beast of vodal fight, the commando tunnel visions the boss completely ignoring adds. After the fight the tank asks the commando if they know roles and what they do. Yet another s**tstorm about how pro this guy is and he hates running with us noobs. Us three all out-shout him in group chat about if we are all happy to carry a noob through stuff. We all agree to just continue carrying him the rest of the way.

Being a scoundrel, and as we have shadow in the group too we decide to stealth cc our way through the champs. The commando is not happy with this, he attacks them all, we never ever get to fight 1 at once, its always 2, sometimes 3.

We finally get to the boss after the commando having now pulled the entire map, all enemies in the forest and all the champions. At the final boss the commando doesn't move out of the fire, I cba healing through it as mr "3 years pro" should really know how to deal with this. He dies and fills the chat with how we don't know how to play. The tank says something similar to what I was thinking "how can someone who has played for 3 years not know the mechanics of this fight?" The three of us kill the boss, commando ninja's all the loot. We all start to exit area when the commando returns to med centre, realises he is still in the mission and asks how to get out. The tank gets in one more "three years and you don't know that?" before we all exit.

Why can new people not just admit they are new and ask for help? Rather than pretend they know it all, do everything wrong then abuse anyone who offers advice.

Edited by BobFredJohn

An early morning pain in my Athiss:

Two DPS who would pull ahead of my Guardian at every opportunity. Only thing that kept us alive was the healer, but we never wiped. The two DPS, a Sent and a Shadow, never talked or acknowledged anything, except for the Sent whining about the fact that I was guarding him. Votekicks failed because the healer didn't want to kick them ("patience, they're learning')

Being too low level for taunt, I was pretty much stuck aggroing only the boss, and relying on the Sent and Shadow to kill the adds before they got the healer. I killed the doctor by running down the hallway and throwing Blade Storm and Freeze at her, because the Sent decided to only jump to things I had already aggroed. He was pulling aggro off me, because he had a 10-15 second head start, and I had no taunts. The healer, bless her soul, was constantly healing me because the Sent decided to test just how far Guard could take his health before I died. The Sent never took damage, allowing the healer to get knocked down to 20% before he'd even touch the mobs around her.

Meanwhile, I had the Shadow just following the sent and taking a very rare potshot at a mob or two, and then running away.

TL;DR: Lazy Shadow, Tauntless Me, Oblivious Sent, and Overly Patient Sorc Healer.

An early morning pain in my Athiss:

Two DPS who would pull ahead of my Guardian at every opportunity. Only thing that kept us alive was the healer, but we never wiped. The two DPS, a Sent and a Shadow, never talked or acknowledged anything, except for the Sent whining about the fact that I was guarding him. Votekicks failed because the healer didn't want to kick them ("patience, they're learning')

Being too low level for taunt, I was pretty much stuck aggroing only the boss, and relying on the Sent and Shadow to kill the adds before they got the healer. I killed the doctor by running down the hallway and throwing Blade Storm and Freeze at her, because the Sent decided to only jump to things I had already aggroed. He was pulling aggro off me, because he had a 10-15 second head start, and I had no taunts. The healer, bless her soul, was constantly healing me because the Sent decided to test just how far Guard could take his health before I died. The Sent never took damage, allowing the healer to get knocked down to 20% before he'd even touch the mobs around her.

Meanwhile, I had the Shadow just following the sent and taking a very rare potshot at a mob or two, and then running away.

TL;DR: Lazy Shadow, Tauntless Me, Oblivious Sent, and Overly Patient Sorc Healer.

You were odd too here... Not as odd as your Deeps tho. Tank get their single target taunt at lvl 16.. SO for HS... No reasons for you to not have it for Athiss. Sure you don't have your mass taunt tho...But you know what ;) On a Guardian, Swelling Winds and Single Saber Mastery should be your priorities to get... So you can actually get some good AoE aggro with Sweep.

What I hate is when people trash talk those that are not on TS. There was one case I saw a few months back where some guy was in TS but the guild that was running it thought he wasn't, was pretty funny when they all went silent after he made the announcement he could actually hear them all :D

I had a sort of similar experience once. As my TS name wasn't my character name and I wasn't speaking, they were discussing my gear in TS without realizing I could hear them. They were just saying things like well I guess he can try but I don't know if he'll be able to do it. It wasn't anything bad, it was just amusing because when I typed in /ops that I was in TS. Basically just a stunned, "oh. Well okay then." At least it wasn't trash talk haha they were being perfectly polite, but it was funny.

My ignore list get longer every day on Red Eclipse.

3 "tank" Assassins who spam Overload.

One of them was very interesting one:

- Level 48

- Only procs I spotted were Exploitative Strikes and Energize

- No Force Pull

- No Wither

- No Harnessed Darkness

- Kept Force Lightning on CD

Sorry but wither requires you put at least 36 points into darkness before you can access it, harness darkness requires 26 points. While most tanks would usually put all their points into darkness first you shouldn't expect it from a random in group finder at 48.

If you are going to flame someone's build for not being cookie cutter at least wait until they are level 55 before you criticize their methods.

Just had an interesting SM atheiss run on my scoundrel healer.

Guardian tank, shadow dps and commando dps. We jump down the hole as no1 has slicing, myself and the commando are rather ahead of the other 2. We set off towards the explosives and I wait for the other 2. Commando doesn't and pulls so I keep him alive and the other 2 join in after.

After the fight the commando makes a comment about "you want the trooper to do it all? lol". I point out it was his choice to pull. I then notice our tank is in shien, I bring it up politely and the tank says "I find everything easier in this form, even tanking". Well he seems confident so I just say "ok, we will see how it goes" (tbh aggro is all over the place and every fight is a shambles but nobody dies so no real issues).

However the commando gets worse as the mission goes on. Pulling ahead of the tank, breaking cc and chainpulling. However I manage to keep us all alive despite the stupidity.

The real problem comes in the commando's attitude. The tank asks multiple times to be allowed to pull first, The shadow and myself ask him not to break the cc's we had used to skip every trash pull in the jungle area and not to pull extra groups while we are already in a fight. He comes out with crap like "lol nobody died" (the tank attributed this to me, how nice of him), "if you want to pull first then go faster", "no need to use recharge and reload, the healer should do their job better", "who cares what you cc'ed, I attack what I want".

Now this bloke is clearly new, hes level 20 and his buff only adds fortification. Therefore I make a comment along the lines of "I don't mind playing alongside new people, or advising them, just don't be so rude". The three of us now need to put up with a s**tstorm of abuse in the chat about how he has been playing 3 years, since launch, and has 2 lvl 55's and a lvl 43 (I didn't bother pointing out thats worse than my character list after 10 months) and he is really pro (I check his achievements and he's definitely new).

Get to the beast of vodal fight, the commando tunnel visions the boss completely ignoring adds. After the fight the tank asks the commando if they know roles and what they do. Yet another s**tstorm about how pro this guy is and he hates running with us noobs. Us three all out-shout him in group chat about if we are all happy to carry a noob through stuff. We all agree to just continue carrying him the rest of the way.

Being a scoundrel, and as we have shadow in the group too we decide to stealth cc our way through the champs. The commando is not happy with this, he attacks them all, we never ever get to fight 1 at once, its always 2, sometimes 3.

We finally get to the boss after the commando having now pulled the entire map, all enemies in the forest and all the champions. At the final boss the commando doesn't move out of the fire, I cba healing through it as mr "3 years pro" should really know how to deal with this. He dies and fills the chat with how we don't know how to play. The tank says something similar to what I was thinking "how can someone who has played for 3 years not know the mechanics of this fight?" The three of us kill the boss, commando ninja's all the loot. We all start to exit area when the commando returns to med centre, realises he is still in the mission and asks how to get out. The tank gets in one more "three years and you don't know that?" before we all exit.

Why can new people not just admit they are new and ask for help? Rather than pretend they know it all, do everything wrong then abuse anyone who offers advice.

I honestly don't know why some noob's pretend to be know it all's. Is it because they are too scared to admit they are new? Or is it simply because they are just trying to be show offs? :confused:.

Edited by cefert

Isn't teamwork grand?

Red Reaper, start out with a PT tank, an OP healer, a sorc dps and myself as PT dps. First two pulls go smoothly, then the healer just disappears. Gone, offline, not a word. I'm thinking uh oh, this'll be fun. Go through the next pull and take each down one at a time. After we go on the elevator I remember Mako and pull her out. The pull before the first boss is shaky, I end up AoE taunting 3 of the strongs to keep our tank alive. First boss goes surprisingly well, so I'm feeling better.

Next few pulls, nothing out of the ordinary, sorc knew how to use her CC so that lightened the load. One pull, 5 strongs and 1 elite, tank dies near the start. With some creative LoSing, CDs, Stuns, offheals, and a clutch legacy ability we clear it.

Next pulls to and after the 2nd boss go well, no problems there. As we get to the room with the holocron for archeologists, I was relieved our sorc had arch. In the middle, we manage to use some creative grapples and put em in position for the sorc to push em off. Same with the guys on the bridge (though our tank took a long walk off a short bridge there)

Final boss, goes well, then comes the lightning into adds part. He's targetting mako each time, so I put her on passive to bring her to position. Rinse and repeat and we kill the guy.

It's runs like those that just brighten your GF experience quite a bit, motivate you that "Yes, there are people out there with brains!" Shoutout to the tank Sodunzo and the Sorc Trayla, some really good work there if you're reading this.

Edited by BishopSMASH

Was doing a SM hammer station this morning/early afternoon. Now, being the first unlocked real fp, I don't except very much at all. BUT.

Our guardian tank had no offhand at all he was just running without anything in the slot. I can't really call him a tank but really who is at 15-19. Our scoundrel 'healer' also kept pulling before everyone was around and then didn't bother to heal anyone at all, even when they were steadily at about 5% health and could have been saved. I would cc something so we didn't wipe and a few seconds later the cc would get broken by someone.

At the end of the fp when the other DPS finally spoke up about the scoundrel not healing, they claimed their heals wouldn't do much to someone at a higher level. They were level 17 and the other DPS was 19. So that was their defense for not healing.

I don't have many expectations, especially at this level, but come on. You're given a free offhand when you get an advanced class, and you can pop like at least one heal a fight to try and keep people up... This is why I typically stick with healing myself, but I wanted to level a gunslinger since I already have a scoundrel.

Now i'm a bit of a n00b myself, but i'm not NEW to MMOs and cooperative team play, so I'm doing the first DS flashpoint The Black Talon, with a group of what looks like a bunch of vet players (they had some extremely good eq for their level)... never did it. the healer is some lightning bug sorc... but the player was nice and we were chit chatting before hand about this flashpoint while we waited for this lvl.20 something dps to get back from afk.

So i'm thinking "cool, two vets, two n00bs" this will go good. How wrong i was.

both "vets" are DPs, and both of them thought they were tankers or something because they didn't stop for anything, slow their pace for anything. They were insulting because me and the healer couldn't keep up or even knew what was happening. they selected need for EVERYTHING, neither of them needed the stuff they were selecting and rolling for. I mean they were kited out in top end eq, and they're needing/greeding every item drop.

I remember them belittling the healer whenever one of them fell, and all i could think is "its not the healer's fault you guys took off to the next fight while me and the healer were still dealing with the leftovers from the previous two fights. Personally i thought the healer was superb for a n00b... she stuck by the tanker, didn't accrue agro, kept the two dps idiots alive as well as she could. And those two *******es were sitting there calling us both names throughout and apparently insulting her in whispers.

Anyway as you could guess both of them died fighting the padawan (seriously... it took me 20 seconds to figure out how to fight her) then REFUSED to rejoin the fight, i think they did it on purpose, to "show us" how important they were or something. Anyway me and the sorc were able to finish off the padawan (it took forever) by ourselves, and of course one of the idiot dps won the roll for the drop.

Worse FP experience ever. Never went back to darkside after that. leveling on the jedi side of things right now.

Edited by azanimefan