Advice for Jedi Guardian

JalsheyII

The shield rating and absorbtion are only relevant to tanks, so unless you are a guardian and have your tanking stance active, those things are useless (they also require a 'shield' instead of a 'focus' in the offhand).

If you want to minimise the damage taken, or rather survive longer, you're better off getting things with higher endurance than strength, however too much endurance and not enough strength means you won't kill as fast.

Edited by Ithilwen

The shield rating and absorbtion are only relevant to tanks, so unless you are a guardian and have your tanking stance active, those things are useless (they also require a 'shield' instead of a 'focus' in the offhand).

If you want to minimise the damage taken, or rather survive longer, you're better off getting things with higher endurance than strength, however too much endurance and not enough strength means you won't kill as fast.

yeah sorry I mean to say that I was a tank and indeed using a shield as well :)

well, other than keeping your gear up to date, there isn't much else you can do. I've played a Jugg tank but she's still on Nar Shaddaa, having a healer companion makes a huge difference, same with wearing blue gear as compared to green. What level are you? do you have Doc or get him soon?

well, other than keeping your gear up to date, there isn't much else you can do. I've played a Jugg tank but she's still on Nar Shaddaa, having a healer companion makes a huge difference, same with wearing blue gear as compared to green. What level are you? do you have Doc or get him soon?

Im lvl 22 on Taris now, I do try to keep my gear up to date but most of the time I just postpone and say to myself I should still wait a few more levels

You don't really get tanking gear early on except from flashpoints I believe. If you PvP, once you hit level 40 there's good tanking items from the PvP vendor.

As for tanking;

Shield affects how often you shield an attack.

Absorption affects how much damage is mitigated when you shield an attack.

Defence affects how often you can completely dodge an attack.

Most of the sites that I have read say that for a JK Guardians, defense rating (to avoid being hit in the first place) is primary among the three tanking stats. But only to a point (350-450 depending on what site you read). That being said, you will not reach that level of defense rating until level 50 anyway and you do not need that much defense until level 50 and are doing operations. Furthermore, while in tanking stance, you gain focus by being hit and taking damage, so completely avoiding damage is not necessarily a good thing.

My suggestion would be that while leveling just get whatever tank stats you can. For augments, go with defense rating, but you also might want to put some might (strength) augments into the equation as well to keep your damage dealing ability on par so questing does not slow down too much.