How to play a sorc.

biowareftw

So you are sick of getting nerfed due to the pvp forum *cough* sorc forum complaints.

You have decided to roll a sorc. Here is a list of things you need to do to play one at "peak efficiency".

Step 1. Remove half your keybinds and take back your gaming mouse. You don't need them. This is basically a vanilla WoW shadowpriest without the need to shift in and out of shadow to heal. You know a class we mastered a decade ago with a 2 button mouse.

I suggest this mouse for playing a sorc. All those extra buttons will just confuse you on other mice.

http://www.brosscar.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ladybug.jpg

Step 2. Blame every death and failure on being "squishy", even though you think an "escape mechanic" is hitting your s key. Re rolling to clothy is all about built in excuses.

Step 3. If 2-3 people are attacking you and you die? That class is simply overpowered. You should be able to stand there and facetank them, or something just isn't right. When one sorc comes up with a term like "smash tard". use it as well. Even though everyone who has played this class knows that sorc/sage is about as faceroll as it gets, and marauder/sent is on the opposite end of the spectrum. It is all about repetition. Keep saying things like "marauders/sents" are faceroll. Even though you failed on one and even though, most players know it is a lie? Repeating it a few thousand times will convince like minded players (morons). Eventually everyone with a clue will either quit this game, or stop reading these forums, so this is a foolproof tactic.

Step 4. Stop strafing and moving with wasd. You don't need to do any of this crap. Hell, your main ranged nuke, Mindflay *cough* lightning, autofaces for you (LOL).

Step 5. Make a awesome pvp video like this. S keying included. Those keybinds are freakin intense man.

Step 6. We got all melee nerfed who could still dmg us through bubbleshield nerfed now. Now it is time to set our sights on slingers/snipers. That is obviously another faceroll class. Snipetards could be catchy.

Edited by biowareftw

Sorc isnt that easy and OP.

If anybody wants OP class reroll to whatever that can smash.

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-warrior/sith-marauder/rage/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-inquisitor/sith-sorcerer/madness/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns

Which one is faceroll?

Hate to break it to you. They made the sorc class so that morons could dps/compete in pvp. They said as much in beta.

Now keep repeating "smash" a few thousand times. Nooone wanted to play smash anyways. They were forced to do it, because if you are going to be sitting in a bubblestun half the time, you might as well go the spec that hits hard, when you can control your character for 2 seconds.

Enjoy the second death of SWTOR. Everyone is just going to start playing ranged soon. That will soon get boring though and people will just go back to WoW, GW2.

Edited by biowareftw

OK, as someone who plays a Balance Sage, AND a Rage Marauder. I will say that I think you are completely off base regarding which class is easier to play.

Yes, the standard DPS rotation for Sage requires the pushing of fewer buttons than does the Rage Mara, and a lot fewer than Carnage or Anni. (But still more than PT) The difference is that when I am done pressing my 5 buttons on my Sage, I have done a LOT LESS damage, than after pressing 7 buttons on my Marauder. Give me a class that only has 1 attack, and therefore is the easiest class in the game, that would NOT make that class OP, just boring.

And hopefully everyone understands that, including the OP, so I am not going to waste six paragraphs explaining why playing a lightly armored class with no defensive CDs, and no real burst, represents a different set of challenges than just pressing many buttons.

The only thing you said that I actually DO agree with, is that 75% of the "nerf whatever" threads are started by players who chose a ranged class, and aren't very good at creating/maintaining range.

I play a carnage mara and bubble stun I work my way around by either using me 10m range abilities or wait for someone to break the bubble go in melt said person. Sorcs are not op. I'm sure you being smash spec die quite often since you go into a group of a 5 then die and wonder what happened. You take the occasional 5k crit, sorcs can get hit for 5k + by virtually every class. Because of this fun factor you have to not only peel for yourself(if your bubble spec it is easier) but have to ask your tunneling dps to lend a hand. While your attacking some target wondering where your heals are. (Must be a bad healer) Now if you are complaining about sorc dps they have sustain damage with a little burst so if you are getting raped by a sorc dps its a l2p issue since I would say they are probably the most underpowered damage class in the game possibly 2nd to mercs. Edited by totherkins