Good Job SWTOR

btsager

I just wanted to say how good of a job the DEV's are doing with this game. I am sure you all did not want to have to make the game free to play, but the way you are doing it is a good format. The Lord of the Rings online did the same thing and they have continued to have success and be able to keep their game going. It is unfortunate that there are not as many people playing this game as we would all like. But maybe going ftp will help.

You guys are releasing substantial game content on a much faster pace that I would have thought, and faster then most other games do.

The only thing that is still a downer for me is the lack of a good space combat game. I hope that you guys are working on something similar to the space combat that SWG did. Even if I have to wait another year, I hope that it is at least in the works for future expansions.

Don't let the Haters get you down, and keep up the good work.

I second this notion. Bioware, I promise, I will be the last person to leave your game.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say how good of a job the DEV's are doing with this game. I am sure you all did not want to have to make the game free to play, but the way you are doing it is a good format. The Lord of the Rings online did the same thing and they have continued to have success and be able to keep their game going. It is unfortunate that there are not as many people playing this game as we would all like. But maybe going ftp will help.

You guys are releasing substantial game content on a much faster pace that I would have thought, and faster then most other games do.

The only thing that is still a downer for me is the lack of a good space combat game. I hope that you guys are working on something similar to the space combat that SWG did. Even if I have to wait another year, I hope that it is at least in the works for future expansions.

Don't let the Haters get you down, and keep up the good work.

I second this. Don't let the haters get you down. They'll always be there, sadly. As it is in all other things.

Also, keep it coming! My friends are all enjoying FTP, and I'm enjoying playing with them!

I ask, because it goes to credibility of your complaints, IMO. Also, I am not aware of any 5 month period where no new content was released.

Patch 1.2 - released on 4/12/12, new operation and new warzone.

Patch 1.4 - released on 9/26/12, new operation.

5 months for new content to be added to the game.

i find it really junky that i have to pay to gain additional quickslots... thats a bit weird and also i cannot wear all the gear? tough restrictions..

And i cant even create a new character after deleteing all 8 of my current ones so ican start fresh

I'll throw in my thanks as well. I followed this game for years (starting when it was a rumour based on a hiring advert for Bioware Austin) and have been incredibly happy with the way it turned out. Even at launch, my experience was very smooth, with few issues - and no significant ones. I bought the Collector's edition with only a slight grimace - the statue of Malgus hasn't yet grown on me - but the experience of playing has not just been Star Wars to the core, but finally captured what I was looking for in a game, to boot. I play for story, and this game has 8 - and by the time I spend all the effort going through those 8 I'll be ready for replay value.

Y'all have also made a significant effort to be present for the community. Working in customer service myself, it's easy to get bogged down by the negative complaints, because few people say something when they're happy - but so many say something when they're unhappy. Popping into yet another angry thread about how 'hood toggle means BW doesn't care about anything but money' to reiterate it's in the pipe shows that you care about us as players - not just as subscribers. Especially with the new F2P option, and committing to continue development based on an uncertain revenue stream shows you have as much faith in us as many of us have in you.

Boards full of rage threads that 'you changed my helmet color everything is ruined forever goodbye cruel world' aren't any fun to wade through as a player, and must be even less fun to folks who've poured so much time and effort into working on the game. Know that plenty of us DO appreciate all the hard work you do, and are here to stay, support, and enjoy.

For next time, they might wanna consider doing all the patch work and downtime the day before the big event release they advertised. It just seems a bit unprofessional to advertise a big deal thing like F2P, and new stuff for a certain day, and most of that day was spent offline...

But other than that, things are just dandy. Thanks. :D

SWTOR will be my game of choice for the foreseeable future, finally we have a MMO that feels like Star Wars....I foresee great things for this game.

Well, to me SWG felt far more like Star Wars, particularly space, but glad you are enjoying the game :D

I can't join along in the positive feeling of this thread with all the long running, sometimes returning bugs, being promised better communication (something there really is nothing preventing them from doing) and paying to play on a low pop server in APAC why they wait to get F2P players. I do like the game, but I think a lot more could have been done at this point. So even though I'm liking the food, with this bad service I'm not going to tip, sorry.

When I logged in yesterday I suspected a lag fest. There was lag, but not so much, for me, that it was unplayable. I really hope you are going to do a event with the scale of the rakghoul event. That was awesome!

Keep up the good work!

I also like the game still. Sure, there are bugs that creep in & out. I loved KOTOR1 (K2 not so much) and love the fact that there is continuity (even if moreso on Repub side). I love the fact that we have voiceover returns of Tom Kane, Cat Taber, and Jennifer Hale, as well as voiceover staples like Tara Strong, Maurice LaMarche, Kevin Michael Richardson, etc.....not to mention the screen celebs doing VOs.

All in all, I am happy with the game. I'm not a hardcore MMOer like I used to be, so can't say whether that plays into what I like about it....but only that I still do. Even with all the "zomg, this is the suxx0r" threads/in-game chat, the community as a whole is still pretty decent.

I will remain a subscriber until this game dries up completely for me or goes into the dirt...but that's what it'll take.

I may or may not be your target audience Bioware. But I just wanted to share this with you.

Before the F2P announcement I was on the fence as far as whether or not I should resub. I avoided buying the game until it hit 15 bucks, was VERY disappointed with the game in Beta and the state of the game after launch.

Then you announced F2P, put it up on the PTS and I gave it a whirl...I was sold.

I really cant express how much I hate...hate...im using the word hate here....HATE huge money sinks. Yes, I know they are needed, but they get in the way of my casual fun.

The legacy unlocks with cartel coins provides me the goodies without giving me overpowered I win button type items, which works for me. I like convenience, I don't want the game handed to me.

And I dont have to grind the coins.

Not only did you get me to sub, you got me to set aside 40 bucks for a slew of coins.

Good job guys. If you can get me to go from boredom and frustration, little to no chance of subbing to a sub AND extra coin purchase I think your going to do really well.

Just my two cents.

Edited by LordArtemis