this game is a joke.

Seterade

if you ever think about taking this game for anything but a time passer come back and look at this.

I understand how the extra person being added happens in lowbies and Mids when someone lvls. But how is it possible at lvl 70?

This is just another example of the weird type of **** I’ve seen popping up. There is something fundamentally broken in the last two weeks

I died yesterday in arena from full health when I was about to kill the last member of their team. Another bug!!

I can list about 8 seperate bugs and two deliberate hacks in the last week and a half. This all started at the same time they did the backend update.

Prior to that, to my knowledge there’s been no reported real hacks since they implemented the instant death affect when hacking.

Now we have some really dumb bugs appearing and hacks too. So something has changed in the last 2 weeks. It’s too much of a coincidence that this all happens after that update.

... I've also seen reg matches, max level, with a lowbie in them.

That's not a bug. That's just proof of what so many people here whine about, that our PvP population is getting worse and worse at the game. Now we are so bad that we are DE-LEVELING while in a match! :eek:

I've seen the extra person on the team, rarely like others have said. I haven't noticed an increase in it lately. But maybe bioware implemented a "hidden quitter detector" in a patch or something. If you have a common quitter on your team, now they pre-stock it with extras? Because they know that person is going to quit anyway? Just a thought. :p

if you ever think about taking this game for anything but a time passer come back and look at this.

I view all games as time passers tbh, lol. Why I feel so guilty when I get sucked into them I waste so much time on games. Well. I did. SWTOR broke my chronic MMO habit. I should probably thank BW instead of being angry.

Anyway, that is crazy I never seen 70s with 5 on a team in a 4v4, that's new to me. Like others said, I seen extra players in regs due to someone leveling up in a WZ to the next tier and another person getting added.

I view all games as time passers tbh, lol. Why I feel so guilty when I get sucked into them I waste so much time on games. Well. I did. SWTOR broke my chronic MMO habit. I should probably thank BW instead of being angry.

Anyway, that is crazy I never seen 70s with 5 on a team in a 4v4, that's new to me. Like others said, I seen extra players in regs due to someone leveling up in a WZ to the next tier and another person getting added.

What do you play now instead?

You didn't ask me :p ... but I've started playing ESO a bit. They now have battleground PvP (4v4 I think), which is similar in design to our maps here... capture and hold the fixed spots, capture a moving spot (OPG), capture the flag (huttball), deathmatch with respawn. You can sign up for "any random", or pick specific categories, deathmatch, flags, or hold-the-spots-on-the-map.

Their forums are full of the same stuff as here though... class balance is a mess, the company doesn't know what it's doing, blah blah. In my experience, that kind of stuff is in every forum for every game. Players seem similar too - big surprise I know. Sometimes you get a team that plays the game, and sometimes you get a team that runs around and just kills things.

One thing that's different is that it's 3 faction - so you are always against TWO other teams. Make some of the capture the flags interesting. :D

And then there's the full scale battle for land PvP - cyrodiil. I haven't dipped back into that yet, but the premise is really cool I think. It's a map with lots of keeps all over. Again, 3 factions. It runs for a number of days each time. I think it's mostly zerg-ish - you fight in large groups, and it's harder for 1 person to make a difference. It's more about group coordination and I think which faction has the cash to afford siege engines and keep repairs and stuff - just like real life! :)

Be warned though, in case this type of thing matters, a fresh download of ESO is 60 gig. Also they are a single mega-server per platform (so one for PC, one for x-box, etc.). I don't know how your ping would be from AU.

As far as non MMO games... I keep going back to oldies. I *love* the Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines game - I've played that over and over. It's a single-person-single-character RPG, kinda actionish, but the atmosphere is excellent. Or Jedi Knight: Academy is always a good replay. :D Another pair I picked up which were a pleasant surprise are a couple of Shadowrun games, Dragonfall and Hong Kong. Those are all available at gog.com (no, I don't work for gog.com :D ).

I've also recently stumbled on the Hit Man series. I dunno if I'll like it, but I plan on downloading HM: Absolution soon from Steam and giving it a go.

You didn't ask me :p ... but I've started playing ESO a bit. They now have battleground PvP (4v4 I think), which is similar in design to our maps here... capture and hold the fixed spots, capture a moving spot (OPG), capture the flag (huttball), deathmatch with respawn. You can sign up for "any random", or pick specific categories, deathmatch, flags, or hold-the-spots-on-the-map.

Their forums are full of the same stuff as here though... class balance is a mess, the company doesn't know what it's doing, blah blah. In my experience, that kind of stuff is in every forum for every game. Players seem similar too - big surprise I know. Sometimes you get a team that plays the game, and sometimes you get a team that runs around and just kills things.

One thing that's different is that it's 3 faction - so you are always against TWO other teams. Make some of the capture the flags interesting. :D

And then there's the full scale battle for land PvP - cyrodiil. I haven't dipped back into that yet, but the premise is really cool I think. It's a map with lots of keeps all over. Again, 3 factions. It runs for a number of days each time. I think it's mostly zerg-ish - you fight in large groups, and it's harder for 1 person to make a difference. It's more about group coordination and I think which faction has the cash to afford siege engines and keep repairs and stuff - just like real life! :)

Be warned though, in case this type of thing matters, a fresh download of ESO is 60 gig. Also they are a single mega-server per platform (so one for PC, one for x-box, etc.). I don't know how your ping would be from AU.

As far as non MMO games... I keep going back to oldies. I *love* the Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines game - I've played that over and over. It's a single-person-single-character RPG, kinda actionish, but the atmosphere is excellent. Or Jedi Knight: Academy is always a good replay. :D Another pair I picked up which were a pleasant surprise are a couple of Shadowrun games, Dragonfall and Hong Kong. Those are all available at gog.com (no, I don't work for gog.com :D ).

I've also recently stumbled on the Hit Man series. I dunno if I'll like it, but I plan on downloading HM: Absolution soon from Steam and giving it a go.

I tried ESO early on and didn’t like the way it felt.

I’m so over medieval looking MMO games, why can’t game companies make more space opera games with advanced tech.

They all seem to want to follow the D&D or Warcraft concept of Bowes, swords, horses, catapults and magic.

Where are the laser guns, space ships, electric swords... oh wait, that’s swtor :(

I wish game developers would make more Star Was like MMOs in stead of Camalot inspired MMOs.

I do like Gw2, but once again, it’s medieval inspired and I’m over them all.

I tried ST online, but the characters are clunky in planet combat and only the space pvp is ok

Give me swtor 2 or some other space opera MMO and I’ll abondon this sinking ship.

I tried ESO early on and didn’t like the way it felt.

I’m so over medieval looking MMO games, why can’t game companies make more space opera games with advanced tech.

They all seem to want to follow the D&D or Warcraft concept of Bowes, swords, horses, catapults and magic.

Where are the laser guns, space ships, electric swords... oh wait, that’s swtor :(

I wish game developers would make more Star Was like MMOs in stead of Camalot inspired MMOs.

I do like Gw2, but once again, it’s medieval inspired and I’m over them all.

I tried ST online, but the characters are clunky in planet combat and only the space pvp is ok

Give me swtor 2 or some other space opera MMO and I’ll abondon this sinking ship.

Actually, I agree with that., and it's why I keep coming back to SWTOR. Although, the force is basically magic, and aren't we all swinging (light) sabers around? Half the mounts are even "fantasy animals" instead of vehicles. :p I dunno though, somehow it feels different anyway. I think the setting.

I wish they'd make a Shadowrun MMO. There was a Vampire MMO in the works that looked kinda cool, based on the White Wolf P&P stuff, but that got cancelled. :(

I am not playing any games now, just forumquest here. :o

I tried WOW, I only can do it for really short periods of time it never sucks me in. I wish it did. There's just nothing out right now that I want to play.

I watch forums here, keep hoping some sort of divine intervention occurs where this game suddenly takes a total change in direction but it seems whatever is the worst thing that can happen happens now regarding design changes they make for SWTOR. I like alts, they do not. I like to PVP, they make gearing alts in PVP a chore.

The only thing left that I enjoy on this game that they have not ruined is the outfits, but I only enjoy making outfits between my PVP matches and when I create new alts. Everything they have done in the last few major patches has wrecked the way I enjoyed playing SWTOR.

I can't justify paying a sub just to make outfits. :(

This game kind of always been a joke. At least MMO wise and especially PvP. Though I do feel they didn't do bad on the warzone map designs. Huttball is actually pretty fun twist on typical capture the flag concept and I don't mind the other maps as well. Yet, stuff like taking ranked arenas serious in this game serious is a waste of time. Other games handle that type of deal much better.