Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 15th, 2012

CourtneyWoods

It is a choice. You can choose not to get the companion. You can also choose to play a light side imp. Or 4, as in my case. You're not being "forced" to do anything but complete the storyline, and if there's an aspect of the story that requires cross-faction cooperation, then it certainly wouldnt be the first time that happened in the star wars universe.
The real problem is the case of those with their eight character slots already filled by character from a single faction. They're denied the pet due to its designed implementation, and there's nothing they can do to change that other than delete a character and roll something else. That's fairly messed up.

Additional character slots need to be added at the time the new companion is pushed live in order to avoid such situations.

The real problem is the case of those with their eight character slots already filled by character from a single faction. They're denied the pet due to its designed implementation, and there's nothing they can do to change that other than delete a character and roll something else. That's fairly messed up.

Additional character slots need to be added at the time the new companion is pushed live in order to avoid such situations.

There is some indication that more character slots will be here before HK-51. By the sounds of the comments from devs on the topic, it sounds like they're moving right along with it.

There is some indication that more character slots will be here before HK-51. By the sounds of the comments from devs on the topic, it sounds like they're moving right along with it.
Do you have any sources you could link? I'm not doubting you, I just haven't seen anything on the topic in some time.

I am disappointed that BW had decided to answer the same question twice in the few Q&A posts they have made (the threat question has already been answered in almost an identical fashion).

I also hop BW will open new character slots for HK... I have spent a lot of time levelling the characters I already have, and shouldn't be forced to delete them for this. Time sync I can understand, but forced money/time waste I don't.

Very excited and intrigued about the new companion! Galaxy spanning quests? New mechanics and cross faction necessary? Ooohhhh that sounds cool...

Keep making the game challenging and giving me reasons to log on folks... I'm having a blast!

Once again ignored my question on when they will increase the GTN listing time... Only asked every single time...

The HK 51 requirements suck big time, im republic not imperial... I will never roll an imp, the very fact that this game has two sides is a giant draw ... everyone picks a side. Forcing me to roll an imp just so im not behind everyone else in the game sucks...

If people want to roll both sides becuase thats what they want to do, thats completely there choice but dont force us to do it...

Please post a photo of one of the following:

1. A firearm to your forehead or

2. A knife to your throat or

3. An explosive vest strapped to your chest.

Until you can provide one of those, you cannot say that anyone is "forcing" you to do anything. Just because something is in the game does not mean you HAVE to have it.

Kingofthebritons: In last weeks’ announcement, we learned that the level cap will be increased later this year. With this change in mind, will any changes be made to the current PvE endgame? For example, will the difficulties for Hard Mode Flashpoints and Operations be increased to match the new level? If not, could you explain why?

Daniel: We’re keeping a tight wrap on details about the level increase later this year until we’ve done far more testing. Right now we have plans and theories but no empirical numbers for what, if any adjustments will need to be made to PvE endgame content.

This right here is why most people dont care about these weekly Q&A sessions, you basically said: we are picking this question to answer so we can say 'we are not answering this question'

I'm not to keen on needing two characters from opposite factions to get HK-51. I play alternate factions on different servers. It already feels like I'm being punished legacywise for splitting my characters, but I felt it was worth it in order to gain the use of more character slots. Forcing me to create a character and play them up (twice actually, once for each faction) just to gain the new companion seems more annoying then anything else.

Yea players are being punished by making us roll on both factions. I hate the republic side... It is so lackluster and boring. It is their way of forcing us to play it to fix the imbalace in imp/republic faction numbers. Its an epic fail on biowares behalf. I mean really... Punish your player base to fix their problem? Now thats great customer service.

They better change this terrible requirement because it leaves sooo many people in the dark. Especially those who already have 8 char slots filled with one faction. Clearly no forethought or regard for their player base with rhis decision.

Yea players are being punished by making us roll on both factions. I hate the republic side... It is so lackluster and boring. It is their way of forcing us to play it to fix the imbalace in imp/republic faction numbers. Its an epic fail on biowares behalf. I mean really... Punish your player base to fix their problem? Now thats great customer service.

They better change this terrible requirement because it leaves sooo many people in the dark. Especially those who already have 8 char slots filled with one faction. Clearly no forethought or regard for their player base with rhis decision.

What Imbalance? Where's your stats and proof to back this up? Lets see the hard numbers you have from mining the SWTOR databases.

This is a reward for those who have taken the time to explore more of the game; not to punish those who have taken a narrow view of it.

"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the force"

Don't blame Bioware for your lack of vision.

Simply put, if a team loose a player then the opposite team should have the overflow put in a waiting room with a FIFO queue. It won't be either much fun for players waiting but it's an acceptable trade off especially because as soon as a team member dies he's replaced by one waiting.

This is the best solution in my opinion (did anyone else read into the answer that it's a good idea to force disconnect if you're losing to protect your rating?)

Anyway, the suggestion quoted here has already been proposed for solving the issue of uneven unranked WZ matches (less of an issue on merged servers). I think developing the "tech" for this would be a great asset to the game.

Once again ignored my question on when they will increase the GTN listing time... Only asked every single time...

Just out of curiosity, do you ACTUALLY think you are the only person asking questions? Do you seriously not realize the sheer amount of people posting questions, or are you just so arrogant to believe that only your question matters so everyone else should be ignored? They answered what they felt was relevant to the list of things they wanted to discuss at this time. If they don't think this is the time to answer your question, or they just simply did not see it; be patient and ask again next week!

Kingofthebritons: In last weeks’ announcement, we learned that the level cap will be increased later this year. With this change in mind, will any changes be made to the current PvE endgame? For example, will the difficulties for Hard Mode Flashpoints and Operations be increased to match the new level? If not, could you explain why?

Daniel: We’re keeping a tight wrap on details about the level increase later this year until we’ve done far more testing. Right now we have plans and theories but no empirical numbers for what, if any adjustments will need to be made to PvE endgame content.

This right here is why most people dont care about these weekly Q&A sessions, you basically said: we are picking this question to answer so we can say 'we are not answering this question'

he has a point though, as you can see they take the time to answer a question to say they arent answering the question

Regarding the Smart Healing response, Saying that "smarter placement" is required to maximize efficiency on Revivification and Kolto Missile is a mistake at best. Revivification hits 8 people which is more than sufficient in an 8-man operational setting, but Kolto Missile only hits 4 targets, as does Recuperative Nanotech. Neither of those abilities place a priority on lowest health, they just randomly pick 4 people and that's it. There does need to be a smart function component to these 2 heals in order to make them more effective in operations.

wish they would just up those to 8 also or add smart healing based on %.

and as separate issues please quit picking questions you won't answer and please quit answering the same questions again.

Can we get an answer about a recustomization feature or things you are planning to do or things you will not do or anything else with a definitive answer that you haven't already given us.

I believe BW could use more dedication to End Game content. Mostly PVE and PVP related. My WoW veteran Wife pointed it out for me.

There is absolutely no reason that someone who plays this game as casually as I do should have gotten Tier 4 Gear and have done every single Ops mission in the game in less than 3 months. The Ops missions that are available are wonderful, I love them, but they are too easy.

---------------

This isn't as much of a priority, but I would love to get a better idea of what you guys plan for Space Combat. The rail shooter while fun, isn't exactly that advanced. Rail shooters are usually quite simple and quite frankly show their age. What I and many others would like is something more like how SWG did it. Free flight. It was a blast to do missions where you had complete control over your ship. It was also wonderful to have certain ships that you could take friends along to hop up into turrets to fight with you on your missions. This is Star Wars after all, lets not forget that quite a lot of Star Wars took place in space not on planets.

Look I know certain game engines can only do certain things, but at least tell us that so we can stop dreaming. I won unsub, I promise.

• 4 weeks later...
I really would like to know when paid transfers will come out. I'm not sure if this is the rite forum to discuss this on but I will give it a shot. I am currently on Jung Ma a RP/PVP server and I would really like to move both my 50s to Jedi Covenant which is not a destined server for my server. I am eastcoast but I do not RP and not really into PVP so i'm just hoping paid transfers come out soon so I can move to a PVE server and I really dont want to role another toon on another server. Even tho I have a level 25 there already I rather have my 50s on there.

What is the staff's outlook on the first world event and when can we expect to see more? I personally think that the first was a lot of fun and in times like these I think a world event or mini event would help create more intrest.