Frigate Class Strongholds

Xandole

Being as this is a space based game and the only means to acquire a ship, other than the class ship, are guild ships. Players should have the option for a Frigate Class war ship as a stronghold. Could go as far as being able to form armadas with guild ships, dock player ships or even your personal galactic star fighter ships for display. player ships are fine, but have no real customization options. and with all the customization you can do to your GSF ships, its a shame to not be able to display them for people to look at being as you cant really see them while fighting.

Your idea is worthy of the Suggestions forum. I don't think the devs actually read this one. It doesn't even have an icon.

I would love it if our personal ships changed completely after we lose them for KOTET. When we get them back, they should have completely empty rooms with no furniture or tech, except of course for the engines and essential controls. They should be standard strongholds with a great variety of hooks. That way, we could re-purpose the rooms however we like and add any companions we choose.

Edited by Xina_LA

This would be a good idea.

...this ship could also be part of the Fleet chat. I don't know if it would be movable, like a Guild Flagship is. Although, that would be interesting... A player could have a frigate, and set it to orbit whatever planet they were on. Suddenly escape pods have a fun use; go to your ship, do your stuff, and jump a pod back to what you were doing.

Also... perhaps an interesting aspect, players might need Frameworks to unlock additional decks. A lot of the big, established guilds don't need frameworks anymore, solo players wanting to expand their personal ship would suddenly have a use (or a need) for them. I would think just 1 framework per deck, I believe Flagships need more.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh heck no, if it requires Frameworks, I'm out. It was so much of a slog for a small family guild to unlock a Flagship. I'm not going through that pure misery twice!

My tiny guild (3-5 peeps average at the time) had a great time killing the commanders to unlock our guild ship and would love another stronghold that worked this way.

+1 /signed

Either way a ship type stronghold is a great idea.

My impression was that once a guild had unlocked their Flagship, they didn't need these or have any use for these. Individually, this would bring back some use for Frameworks.

...but, I mean... my Imperial guild unlocked the whole flagship years ago, and pub-side I haven't actually decided to bother.

I still like the idea of a moving, personal Frigate... and I'm OK with either option on frameworks.

/signed

Having a personal stronghold ship would be amazing! If players can't have it, we can at least have it as an additional guild stronghold, so guilds can build fleets and such. Although I'll much prefer the frigates to be our own personal ships instead. Please EA, make this happen!

• 1 month later...
I had a character for the old WotC Star Wars pen-and-paper RPG that ended up with a Marauder corvette which he used as a mobile headquarters. It had a small hangar bay, troop compartments and a modest amount of other "goodies". I would love to have the chance to utilize something like that in SWTOR!