If you could pick one writer and director for a new SW movie, who would it be?

AbelMorvant

This is a hard question for me, because although I think Lucas is a terrible director I don't see a film maker that would be able to make it consistent in feel with the original. I thought Nolan, because honestly, I'm a huge Nolan fan boy - Not just because his Dark Knight movies but I just haven't seen a bad movie by him yet, Memento, Insomnia, Prestige, etc. were all very good movies in my opinion. I just don't think Nolan's style fits very well with star wars, I could see him doing a Star Trek movie but not Star Wars.

I think if I had to lean with anybody it would be Joss Whedon.

So who would be your guys pick? It doesn't matter if you're thinking remake, sequel or prequel, just simply which writer, director, etc. do you think would be best to take the torch from Lucas?

Second on Timothy Zahn.

I would especially enjoy seeing a few "side" movies that deal with the Hand of Judgement boys.

Vader is easily enough duplicated, the Emperor shouldn't be too hard, and if you just stay away from the big 3, you shouldn't have much trouble.

Definitely let Joss Whedon direct.

I always felt Firefly had the feel of how a Star Wars series would have been.

Please keep Michael Bay away from it.

Anyone that can take something as awesome as the Transformers, and have access to the CGI he did, and still churn out the garbage he did doesn't need to be anywhere near this franchise.

GL has done enough damage on his own, thank you very much....

I think I'd pick Guillermo Del Toro as my choice for a few reasons

1.A proven track record of successfully adapting someone else's original world-- With Mike Mignola

2.Showing a fantastical world while still driving solid narrative-- Pan's Labyrinth

3.Working within the context of otherworldly highly stylized non-human characters (several different films)

4.The capacity to keep the fun aspect of a film that doesn't take itself too seriously without overtly winking at the audience (first hellboy).

I think he is a better visual director then a master storyteller, but he already has the rich lore to pull from, and the Star Wars universe, while having a lot to it, does not need complex moral fables and ethos,

This is a hard question for me, because although I think Lucas is a terrible director I don't see a film maker that would be able to make it consistent in feel with the original. I thought Nolan, because honestly, I'm a huge Nolan fan boy - Not just because his Dark Knight movies but I just haven't seen a bad movie by him yet, Memento, Insomnia, Prestige, etc. were all very good movies in my opinion. I just don't think Nolan's style fits very well with star wars, I could see him doing a Star Trek movie but not Star Wars.

I think if I had to lean with anybody it would be Joss Whedon.

So who would be your guys pick? It doesn't matter if you're thinking remake, sequel or prequel, just simply which writer, director, etc. do you think would be best to take the torch from Lucas?

I think that the next Star Wars film should be written AND directed by Quentin Tarantino. Absolutely. Samuel Jackson could reprise his role and be reinvented as Mace Windu....and lay some mushroom clouds while he's at it. Harvey Keitel as a Jedi? Michael Keaton as the new Sith threat?

I think I'd pick Guillermo Del Toro as my choice for a few reasons

1.A proven track record of successfully adapting someone else's original world-- With Mike Mignola

2.Showing a fantastical world while still driving solid narrative-- Pan's Labyrinth

3.Working within the context of otherworldly highly stylized non-human characters (several different films)

4.The capacity to keep the fun aspect of a film that doesn't take itself too seriously without overtly winking at the audience (first hellboy).

I think he is a better visual director then a master storyteller, but he already has the rich lore to pull from, and the Star Wars universe, while having a lot to it, does not need complex moral fables and ethos,

I don't know why I didn't think of him, he is an awesome film maker!

George Lucas best friend Steven Spielberg no one else.Spielberg always wanted to make a star wars movie.

And he would have hadd it not been for that Lucas was not a members of the directors union or what it's called.

if there were ever a new star ware movie spielberg would be the first to get it. but i think he would choose the darth bane trilogy over tor era. just seem like something he would do.

Spielberg should NEVER be allowed to make a SW movie! It would be a freacking sacrilege!

In the past 10 years, he proved to have become a very poor producer putting everything he has on "special effects" and leaving behind all the important things.

Im sick of all his stupid movies with no freacking dialogue and stupid scripts were aliens from no freackingwere are invading Earth for no reason and you dont even get to see the damn aliens.

Very, very bad producer.