Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I personally will stop subscribing and buying cartel coins if this happens, I am not paying good money to go on a US server where as an aussie I will lag and the US players have a distinct advantage over me in PVP, no way I'm subscribing for that. Just merge the current aussie servers I am willing to give up pvp and pay for aussie servers.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally will stop subscribing and buying cartel coins if this happens, I am not paying good money to go on a US server where as an aussie I will lag and the US players have a distinct advantage over me in PVP, no way I'm subscribing for that. Just merge the current aussie servers I am willing to give up pvp and pay for aussie servers.

Newsflash there's more to do than PVP. if you wanted only PVP shoulda played GW 2 :rolleyes:

Newsflash there's more to do than PVP. if you wanted only PVP shoulda played GW 2 :rolleyes:

Newsflash if I want to RP I don't have to give Bioware EA anymoney whatsoever I can just hang around on fleet and planets and not pay a red cent, but as an operation and pvp player EA get my money, guess what I won't be doing when the servers merge to NA, giving them more money.

newsflash if i want to rp i don't have to give bioware ea anymoney whatsoever i can just hang around on fleet and planets and not pay a red cent, but as an operation and pvp player ea get my money, guess what i won't be doing when the servers merge to na, giving them more money.

lol wut...rp?

Your level of internet wit knows no bounds!

Teach me how to internet?

I doubt very much anyone could teach you anything, sadly some "people" are just beyond hope. At least you seem happy though, that makes it less sad.

All these replies. All this protest and discontent voiced by so many people and still no word from Bioware on anything?

Is this decision final?

If it is please let us know so we can leave for good now instead of wasting more time.

It obviously is otherwise they wouldnt of announced it as such.

All these replies. All this protest and discontent voiced by so many people and still no word from Bioware on anything?

Is this decision final?

If it is please let us know so we can leave for good now instead of wasting more time.

It's might as well be written in stone. I only ever seen a major mmorpg reverse their decision once. That was in wow about some battlenet feature that would show your real life name. That was the only time I saw Blizzard reverse their decision, but that effect the entire population of wow.

The localized servers were part of the "Pie-In-The-Sky-WOWKiller" moment that nearly crashed this game through the 500,000 total subscriber threshold. It was a massive mistake, likely cost the CEO his job (I mean seriously, what other major near-disaster happened under his leadership of EA that comes even close? There is none...), and is being withdrawn because frankly, and this is the unfortunate part...

Err, did you miss the disastrous SimCity launch?

Well for one, this all glorious "save the dying apac servers" petition wont go anywhere, wont help save the apac servers and wont be taken seriously by EAWARE...

If you're so aware of that then what reason do you have for continuing to harass/basically laugh in the faces of the people who are venting their anger over the way they've been treated? Other than being a sad troll or an EA fanboi who wants to bury his face in some executives crotch for a pat on the head.

Apparently having an opinion means you're trolling on these forums..

Having an opinion is fine, pissing on people when they're kicked and down is another matter.

Edited by Paelo

If you're so aware of that then what reason do you have for continuing to harass/basically laugh in the faces of the people who are venting their anger over the way they've been treated? Other than being a sad troll or an EA fanboi who wants to bury his face in some executives crotch for a pat on the head.

Having an opinion is fine, pissing on people when they're kicked and down is another matter.

Welcome to the Internet :rolleyes:

Objectively, there are no other MMOs that have APAC servers, and I'm sure it's that way for a reason; cost.

It was nice to have these servers and enjoy their benefits. But I also see how unlikely it was that the servers would remain given the overall changes to the game and it's population in the last year.

It sucks to lose something that you love. But let's not lose sight of the great memories and communities that were created thanks to these servers, which no other publisher has had the stones to provide for us, even if we are losing them sooner than we would like.

ah, and you figured the best thing to do is be part of the ugly side of it. Kudos to you then Troglodyte.

Dude just put him on ignore and move on, he sees this thread as his chance to get some of the attention he so desperately craves. Don't feed him.

Venting their anger, sure thats fine. Demanding reversal of executive decisions , ordering people all over forums and in game to sign a petition, Spewing hate on those that think a petition isnt going to amount to much or think the merge to us is a good thing.

Lol eaware are the biggest scumbags in gaming but the australian server was obv not financially the best option to keep going.

I dont believe i have done anything but voice my opinion sir. You on the otherhand have insinuated violence toward me, called another person deficient because they have a differing opinion. i think you are the one that needs to stop feeding people abuse.

birches pls calm your ****, 200ms isnt the end of the world, its quite playable, please stop acting like melodramatic drama queens , like bioware ate your.. nvm thats tasteless. But please grow up and accept it whinging about it for another 500 pages wont change anything.

And all i have done is voice my opinion and recieved hate and been called a troll.

Ea are the biggest scumbags in gaming industry. australian servers are just obviously not worth it.

birches pls calm your ****, 200ms isnt the end of the world, its quite playable, please stop acting like melodramatic drama queens , like bioware ate your.. nvm thats tasteless. But please grow up and accept it whinging about it for another 500 pages wont change anything.

Good post buddy!:D