Healing add-ons?

paltrysum

on tip that helps me with raid healing is you can currently move the raid frame to a more central location while at the same time clicking and holding down the right lower corner allows you to adjust the overall size and shape of the frame.

Since you have to move alot and be aware of what is going on the fights ( more so than in wow) i found it very helpfull to move the window to the center or my screen to just above the hot bars. Since it is transparent i can see through it and be aware of what is going on.

on tip that helps me with raid healing is you can currently move the raid frame to a more central location while at the same time clicking and holding down the right lower corner allows you to adjust the overall size and shape of the frame.

Since you have to move alot and be aware of what is going on the fights ( more so than in wow) i found it very helpfull to move the window to the center or my screen to just above the hot bars. Since it is transparent i can see through it and be aware of what is going on.

This.

the only other thing I can think of that a healer might want to see in game is the ability to cast spells simply by hovering the mouse over the frame. Unfortunately, along with addons, macros are also something not in game atm and no word so far on any plans for the future :(

there really isn't a need for healing addons or macros tbh at this point, more for just being lazy. Playing a healer in this game isn't that bad if you have a good group who don't stand in fire. Other than that your best addon is just paying attention to your group and their health

there really isn't a need for healing addons or macros tbh at this point, more for just being lazy. Playing a healer in this game isn't that bad if you have a good group who don't stand in fire. Other than that your best addon is just paying attention to your group and their health

What he said. I'm very excited this game wont have add-ons or macros. It will separate the wheat from the chaff and those that are true healers will be astounding. The same goes for tanks, CCers and DPS. True skill comes from play experience, not from a 3rd party program.

• 2 weeks later...
What he said. I'm very excited this game wont have add-ons or macros. It will separate the wheat from the chaff and those that are true healers will be astounding. The same goes for tanks, CCers and DPS. True skill comes from play experience, not from a 3rd party program.

So true.

I have my first healer still in the making but after the WoW/Healbot experience I deem it a challenge that will once again give me the feeling of healing in Vanilla WoW before so many healing addons came out.

Paying attention, planing ahead the resources and avoiding threat is what a good healer should be able to do.

I went for Jedi Sage with my first healer.

Are there add-ons available for SWTOL? I'm planning on going the healer route on my main character and would specifically like to know if there are group healing aids?

Bioware are rolling out UI customisation at some point (probably after update 1.2) and implementing combat logs of a sort as well.

Over time, I suspect they will open the game up to add-ons like this, but as someone who usually plays the healer role in SWTOR I am not convinced that these aids will make healing better. Easier certainly, and more accessible to more players, but healing without the add-ons is part of the challenge for a healer :)