Bolster in level 55 warzones has destroyed PvP in The Old Republic.

SithVeritas

I understand the need for bolster pre-55 because of the brackets containing a large arrange of levels.

However, bolster has no place in 55 PvP.

By adding it you have killed progression for those who spend their time in warzones rather than in operations.

Bring back Recruit gear for 55's to begin with, it's a compromise both the hardcore PvPers who want to spend their gametime progressing and the casual raider who wants to jump into the occasional warzone can live with.

As it is right now there is absolutely no reason to get PvP gear besides looks and a personal sense of having achieved something, though no one else will acknowledge it.

I appreciate you trying to make warzones accessible and enjoyable for PvE'ers, but it has gotten to the point that someone who spends his or her time exclusively raiding can stomp on dedicated PvPers while waiting for their raidgroup to form up.

So please BioWare.

Please remove Bolster from 55 PvP.

Please don't ruin PvP in ToR.

Edited by SithVeritas

I would rather say that the bolster destroyed the ego of several pvp players who thought they were good :D

Not at all.

Please keep subtle attacks out of this thread regardless of whether or not you agree with me, it's the reason I made a new one instead of posting in ThatGuyAnon's thread.

As PvP is right now there's no reason for someone to progress through Partisan/Conqueror.

It is literally as I said, a casual PvE'er can now destroy a dedicated PvPer as pass time because of bolster.

That's all.

Edited by SithVeritas

I understand the need for bolster pre-55 because of the brackets containing a large arrange of levels.

However, bolster has no place in 55 PvP.

By adding it you have killed progression for those who spend their time in warzones rather than in operations.

Bring back Recruit gear for 55's to begin with, it's a compromise both the hardcore PvPers who want to spend their gametime progressing and the casual raider who wants to jump into the occasional warzone can live with.

As it is right now there is absolutely no reason to get PvP gear besides looks and a personal sense of having achieved something, though no one else will acknowledge it.

I appreciate you trying to make warzones accessible and enjoyable for PvE'ers, but it has gotten to the point that someone who spends his or her time exclusively raiding can stomp on dedicated PvPers while waiting for their raidgroup to form up.

So please BioWare.

Please remove Bolster from 55 PvP.

Please don't ruin PvP in ToR.

Right now. Yes. You are correct.

Tomorrow after they fix it (hopefully correctly), No because PvP gear will now be as it should be.. which is better than PvE gear in pvp. So someone in full conqueror gear will be at 2018 expertise, while someone in full UW gear will be at 1332 expertise.

So the hardcore pvp'rs will once again be able to stomp the pve'rs, and not the reverse.

Not at all.

Please keep subtle attacks out of this thread regardless of whether or not you agree with me, it's the reason I made a new one instead of posting in ThatGuyAnon's thread.

As PvP is right now there's no reason for someone to progress through Partisan/Conqueror.

It is literally as I said, a casual PvE'er can now destroy a dedicated PvPer as pass time because of bolster.

That's all.

What I said is the truth and I see it with my own eyes, thank you. Besides, we have more than enough threads about bolster. It is indeed bugged and it's supposed to get fixed on tuesday. Until then, there is no reason for you anti-bolster people to keep spamming that PVE gear > PVP gear since BW already knows it and will fix that. Do I have to quote the Dev's post about it?

Right now. Yes. You are correct.

Tomorrow after they fix it (hopefully correctly), No because PvP gear will now be as it should be.. which is better than PvE gear in pvp. So someone in full conqueror gear will be at 2018 expertise, while someone in full UW gear will be at 1332 expertise.

So the hardcore pvp'rs will once again be able to stomp the pve'rs, and not the reverse.

Whats UW?

Do you know what someone in full PvE gear at 55 will bolster to, in terms of Expertise? I wonder how large of a gear gap from full PvE to Full Conqeuror will be? If its large, then whats the point of Bolster? It cant be as large as recruit / full EWH was .. do you think?

Not at all.

That's all.

First, 'casual' pve'ers aren't going to be getting Ultimate gear...at least not at a very quick rate.

Second, while his wording may not have been the best, the poster above was right...many PvP'ers are upset there's a more even playing ground in a competitive game mode. I always though gear in PvP was lame to begin with, but I come from RTS and FPS games where it's your skill, not your time spent that mattered more. I PvP more than anything in this game...had 3 min/maxxed WH toons, didn't bother w/ EWH...and I love the new system. I'd much rather a more level playing ground all around. My motivation for playing isn't some stupid carrot hanging in front of me...it's actual competition. I could care less about gear progression in PvP personally. It's just a necessary evil to me.

What I said is the truth and I see it with my own eyes, thank you. Besides, we have more than enough threads about bolster. It is indeed bugged and it's supposed to get fixed on tuesday. Until then, there is no reason for you anti-bolster people to keep spamming that PVE gear > PVP gear since BW already knows it and will fix that. Do I have to quote the Dev's post about it?

No offense, I'm actually going to stop this discussion with you.

I can already see this won't end well.

Thank you.

Whats UW?

Do you know what someone in full PvE gear at 55 will bolster to, in terms of Expertise? I wonder how large of a gear gap from full PvE to Full Conqeuror will be? If its large, then whats the point of Bolster? It cant be as large as recruit / full EWH was .. do you think?

UW = Underworld Gear (Ultimate)

Devs have stated that someone in full UW gear will top out at 1332 expertise, compared to 2018 for someone in full PvP gear.

Edited by jgoldsack

First, 'casual' pve'ers aren't going to be getting Ultimate gear...at least not at a very quick rate.

Second, while his wording may not have been the best, the poster above was right...many PvP'ers are upset there's a more even playing ground in a competitive game mode. I always though gear in PvP was lame to begin with, but I come from RTS and FPS games where it's your skill, not your time spent that mattered more. I PvP more than anything in this game...had 3 min/maxxed WH toons, didn't bother w/ EWH...and I love the new system. I'd much rather a more level playing ground all around. My motivation for playing isn't some stupid carrot hanging in front of me...it's actual competition. I could care less about gear progression in PvP personally. It's just a necessary evil to me.

I know there's players who think like you.

I also know there's players who think like me and enjoy PvP progression.

I'm not saying one has more right than the other to enjoy PvP, all I'm saying is that there's several operations and flashpoints and planets to enjoy if you like co-op VS AI gameplay.

PvPers only have warzones.

Why take something else away from them when you can please both groups by adding Recruit gear with appropriate stats?

Thank you.

Although the bolster is bugged, it didn't destroy pvp. I still see people enjoying pvp, wether they are lvl 55 or not. Once it is fixed, it will be even better. SWTOR is heading in a good direction when it comes to pvp. I don't know who copied who, but WoW is going the same way in their 5.3 patch.

I see that deep in your heart you only wanted to see people agreeing with you in this thread. So I'll go back to destroying backpeddlers in WH gear while keeping an eye on your thread just to see how it will end.

Cuz recruit sucked?

If you give it "proper stats" than it will basically be what bolster is now...a free competitive set. Now, we just don't have to rely on people to actually take the initiative to buy it.

Please read my first post, it explains what I think wrong with Bolster right now.

It seems we have different definitions of appropriate stats, in which case I agree to disagree.

I would rather say that the bolster destroyed the ego of several pvp players who thought they were good :D

This =)

Its a wake up call for most and I am that guy that has EWH/WH and I still do fairly well with a class that most consider broke.

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/1704304/pics/original/1659908.jpg

I did this today =) Would of had more DPS if I didn't get stuck on guard duty lol...

Edited by Asturias

Although the bolster is bugged, it didn't destroy pvp. I still see people enjoying pvp, wether they are lvl 55 or not. Once it is fixed, it will be even better. SWTOR is heading in a good direction when it comes to pvp. I don't know who copied who, but WoW is going the same way in their 5.3 patch.

I see that deep in your heart you only wanted to see people agreeing with you in this thread. So I'll go back to destroying backpeddlers in WH gear while keeping an eye on your thread just to see how it will end.

Thanks.

I respect your views, but in my opinion your terminology is provoking and could easily turns this thread into a flamewar. I hope you understand why I'm not getting into it with you.

Thanks.

I respect your views, but in my opinion your terminology is provoking and could easily turns this thread into a flamewar. I hope you understand why I'm not getting into it with you.

You anti-bolster people have no sense of humor (with a little bit of truth) :(

Edited by Darkshadz

Please read my first post, it explains what I think wrong with Bolster right now.

It seems we have different definitions of appropriate stats, in which case I agree to disagree.

RIGHT NOW... yes. Bolster IS broken.

After tomorrow? Assuming that they fix it correctly and don't jack up something else... bolster will be working as intended and your argument will be moot.

I did read your post, and it's wrong. Unless by dedicated PvP'er you just mean someone that wastes a bunch of time in WZs without getting better. If you are strictly a PvP'er you shouldn't have problems with someone that just occasionally drops in a WZ when they're forming a group when gear gap is minimal. Also, after the patch tomorow you'll have quite a bit more expertise than them, so it will be even worse if you can't handle this occasional PvP'ers.

Like I said, I almost exclusively PvP when I'm online...I'm also one of my guilds primary progression healers but I only do one raid/week and only on one toon unless I'm needed to sub. I don't want a great advantage just because I PvP alot and have good gear...a slight advantage? Whatever, I'd rather not, but sure it's an MMO. Previously you could not compete in Recruit gear. Now, it's at least close. And Partisan/Conqueror will still be the best, so I don't get the point of whining.

RIGHT NOW... yes. Bolster IS broken.

After tomorrow? Assuming that they fix it correctly and don't jack up something else... bolster will be working as intended and your argument will be moot.

And I'll gladly leave these forums again if that is the case.

I did read your post, and it's wrong. Unless by dedicated PvP'er you just mean someone that wastes a bunch of time in WZs without getting better. If you are strictly a PvP'er you shouldn't have problems with someone that just occasionally drops in a WZ when they're forming a group when gear gap is minimal. Also, after the patch tomorow you'll have quite a bit more expertise than them, so it will be even worse if you can't handle this occasional PvP'ers.

Like I said, I almost exclusively PvP when I'm online...I'm also one of my guilds primary progression healers but I only do one raid/week and only on one toon unless I'm needed to sub. I don't want a great advantage just because I PvP alot and have good gear...a slight advantage? Whatever, I'd rather not, but sure it's an MMO. Previously you could not compete in Recruit gear. Now, it's at least close. And Partisan/Conqueror will still be the best, so I don't get the point of whining.

In your opinion.

All I'm trying to do is to save PvP gear progression, as it is the only thing my friends and I enjoy at end game.

Like I said, for those who are okay with this system, I'm happy for you.

But please don't reduce my opinions to whining just because they don't agree with yours.

Thanks for your post.

Thank you.

So you do not allow for opposing points of view?

You know that all players can and do benefit from the bolster system and while it IS confirmed by both the player AND the Devs that bolster is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED, pvp has been functioning on a level more consistent to the players ability and skill than the composition of their gear slots. While I understand and fundamentally accept your opening statement as a committed pvp player, your detractor is NOT misplaced in his perspective either.

I AM a dedicated pvper and I have multiple characters I do it with. PVP is all I do. Both of you have valid points of view, and both of you are, in essence, correct.

Lets see how the changes pan out

Edited by SSsteve

It is whining because they've already said they're fixing it.

I'm going to stop this discussion with you since you can't seem to stop disrespecting me.

Thanks for your input.

So you do not allow for opposing points of view?

You know that all players can and do benefit from the bolster system and while it IS confirmed by both the player AND the Devs that bolster is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED, pvp has been functioning on a level more consistent to the players ability and skill than the composition of their gear slots. While I understand and fundamentally accept your opening statement as a committed pvp player, your detractor is NOT misplaced in his perspective either.

I AM a dedicated pvper and I have multiple characters I do it with. PVP is all I do. Both of you have valid points of view, and both of you are, in essence, correct.

Lets see how the changes pan out

If you read the rest of that discussion you'd know that I do in fact welcome opposing points of views and that his terminology was simply too provoking for me to continue. I've also stated that I respect and understand his and everyone else's opinions regardless of whether they agree with me or not.

Thanks for your post, I'm also excited for what this patch will bring.

Thank you.

Well said, wasting your time typing back and forth with some hack who knows nothing but killing level 13's on dro. kaas with his level 55 then joing the wz/s as they are will give u a headache. This guy has had his share of b/s on the server and been reported many times, so well said, dont waste your time on this troll.