Why all the crying?

Cybridwarform

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny stuff...I dont doubt you dont understand why all the tears...Your playing the AC that cannot be leapt, pulled and has the Longest CC immunity in the game.....This is kinda a given that the resolve changes havnt affected you as badly as the other AC's that have zero CC immunity.....can get leapt, and pulled...and now this happens in a chain...Its sooo fun.

Meanwhile the sniper does not experience any of this....Not to be a smart alec but....Hello captain Obvious!

Perfect reply! :D

+1

Perfect reply! :D

+1

I didn't reply to this earlier because i don't cater to bad leapers who don't know how to line of sight a sniper in order to close in and get in combat. Or better yet, leap to someone else that is close to me in order to engage me. But hey, if u need to mash more than 1 button to play a mara or jugg ur doing it wrong right? God forbid u should have to use ur own 2 feet to reach your target, or find clever ways to close a range gap by line of sight. LOL!

All that high flying jumping is thinning the oxygen upstairs huh?

How is it again? leap/ravage. obliterate/enrage/smash. LOL so bad.

-Such a hard and complex rotations, how do u ever survive without leap? :rolleyes: Thanks for the laughs tho i needed work humor.

I didn't reply to this earlier because i don't cater to bad leapers who don't know how to line of sight a sniper in order to close in and get in combat. Or better yet, leap to someone else that is close to me in order to engage me. But hey, if u need to mash more than 1 button to play a mara or jugg ur doing it wrong right? God forbid u should have to use ur own 2 feet to reach your target, or find clever ways to close a range gap by line of sight. LOL!

All that high flying jumping is thinning the oxygen upstairs huh?

How is it again? leap/ravage. obliterate/enrage/smash. LOL so bad.

-Such a hard and complex rotations, how do u ever survive without leap? :rolleyes: Thanks for the laughs tho i needed work humor.

And how "complicated" is yours exactly when you don't even have to bother moving most of the time.....:rolleyes:

****Alert: Unauthorized camper detected****

Edited by L-RANDLE

I love the resolve changes... if my CC break is on cool down, I now have time to go make a sammich.

lol - ok. srsly...if anything undeniably good has come out of patch 1.4, it's that I'm laughing out loud at least once every day on the forum. lol

well played, sir. well played.

And how "complicated" is yours exactly when you don't even have to bother moving most of the time.....:rolleyes:

****Alert: Unauthorized camper detected****

must be hard hitting a stationary target i hear... :p

If it makes u feel better since i started this thread i picked up my merc again... -I still say theres 0 problems in PVP. -hmmm.. must be all those OP mercs now too huh? :rolleyes:

First off let me say i play a vigilance guardian and have since launch. Now i toatly agree with the OP. The combat disighn of pvp is ment for a team oriented game and everyone that comes here to QQ complains about how they peform and others peform 1v1 and how bad they are in a paticular situation. The game is 8v8 not 1v1x8 Since launch I have never seeen a sage use rescue to pull a melee team mate in to engage the melee attacker. Not once have i seen a merc of sage use their cleans to stop a rage jug or pt from getting their proc or remove a stun. Not once have i seen a sage use rescue to pull a stunned player to safty.

Stop with the qq about whats bad and talk stratigy. Try being positive for a secound and talk about what abilities you have and how they can help the team because many of the abilities and classes are buit around the team concept and if people use their tool many of things people are complaining about have a counter.

If people put more effort in to discussing how to use the tools they have and play as a team they will find that the combat and layout of the maps in this game is increadibly tatical

I play the following: Sentinel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Assassin, and Powertech. Soon, I'll be adding in the others I haven't gotten to yet, too. I've played them all a bit, but those are the ones I've done at least a fair amount of PvP on.

No offense to Snipers out there, but pre 1.4 I thought they were one of the most underpowered classes. Post 1.4, I think they're a bit better now. Not OP, but better.

Since Sages/Sorcs got nerfed in 1.2, I don't feel like anyone has really been OP (though I think Powertech/Vanguard is currently the closest, with Sent/Mara not far behind). Some are slightly better than others, some might appear better than others in certain cases, but with enough experience with all of them, the beauty of this game's balance really becomes apparent.

For everyone that is having issues with PvP, I would suggest trying out a different class with a different playstyle and see what you think. Most of them really are pretty different and cater to different strengths and weaknesses.

All this being said, until there are solo queues or some other balancing option, you'll continue to have issues where 4 or more players that are in Vent or Mumble or something together just faceroll people. That'll always happen when collaborators fight against soloists.

In conclusion, PvP in this game is pretty freakin' awesome. I like it, and I hope it continues to get better. Let's continue feeding them our ideas and supporting the good ones we like. The more we do that, the more both BioWare and the players benefit.

You are Spot on.

Since launch I have never seeen a sage use rescue to pull a melee team mate in to engage the melee attacker

I'm sorry, I have to take issue with this. The opponents control my character quite a lot during each and every warzone. I don't want my teammates start doing the same. Pulling me out of harm's way when I'm trying to run away: okay. Pulling me when I'm with the Huttball: sweet. Pulling me because the Sage decided I have to attack his attacker: leave me alone, I'm not your puppet.

I for one will agree with the OP.

I love PvP and continue to love after 1.4. If anything, I think warzones are over all better.

I have one Guardian toon (level 50), that is not DPS! So forget 6K+ dmg sweeps, I'm a full tank. I also have one Gunslinger. And I have great fun with both of them.

Yes, I had some trouble adapting my gameplay as a guardian tank in PvP. Tanking doesn't work as one would expect. But it turns out that one CAN adapt pretty well to tanking and help the team a lot. I get MVP votes often and, if I play right, really feel like I'm helping out a lot with my Guardian. With a good mixture of mitigation (as low as it can be, it's still best one in game), ccs, guard, freezing force, taunt, AoE taunt, leap, guardian leap, force push and defensive cooldowns, I can be of great help to my team.

As for the slinger, I got the feeling from this thread that slingers are THE MOST OP class right now in PvP. But then again, there are dozens of posts saying that focus guardians are the most op class. Other dozen that scoundrels/operatives are OP. Other dozen that maras/sentinels are OP.

I play one and it is really fun and dangerous, but don't forget it can be killed easily. While they get better defense for ccs, they can die quicker than ony other class out there. I mean, I am a tank and kill slingers quite often, so...

Of course some classes need changing. Sages needed buffs, they got some in 1.4. Commando still need them, but I have a Commando friend that hits 400K+ dmg all the time, sometimes beating well know sents... CC also needs more changing. 1.4 did not solve all issues with chain CC (or chain CC/root/mezz), but it got better imo. It's still frustating to be chained CC a lot in a game, but from personal experience this only happens in huttball often, and even then I can stay play well enough. In other maps it's not as common - enemies will use CC just as much as you will.

So I say PvP is balanced enough to let you have fun if you put some effort in strategy and gearing. I have lots of fun. If I would change anything, was to make sure queues got faster, specially during early times =).

must be hard hitting a stationary target i hear... :p

If it makes u feel better since i started this thread i picked up my merc again... -I still say theres 0 problems in PVP. -hmmm.. must be all those OP mercs now too huh? :rolleyes:

With a blaster, no...., so u a got a DPS merc and nothing is wrong with him?

With a blaster, no...., so u a got a DPS merc and nothing is wrong with him?

Every class has its strength and weakness i know this because i understand balance. There is nothing wrong with me merc. I also know i have to play around with my position heavily so it does not over expose me and i get insta gibbed. But at the same time i know that if i get peels / and play how i properly should i could lay down some serious pain.

The new patch has been amazing too my merc. Rocket punch immobalize is amazing, interrupt is one thing i needed badly, small quality of life improvements made it all worth it.

The new patch has been amazing too my merc. Rocket punch immobalize is amazing, interrupt is one thing i needed badly, small quality of life improvements made it all worth it.

So you are a DPS Merc......and all changes started with people "QQ" about DPS Mercs.... I think you just proved my point, your world is filled with roses and very class specific.

*****Alert: Unauthorized TM Spammer Detected*****

okok..... I'll ease up.

The global state of PvP is questionable at best (which is never a good thing in a multiplayer environment). So saying "why all the crying" is not even accepting the honest truth about this game. Most of the changes have been horribad and stopped players from playing. That's a big problem...

The combat disighn of pvp is ment for a team oriented game and everyone that comes here to QQ complains about how they peform and others peform 1v1 and how bad they are in a paticular situation. The game is 8v8 not 1v1x8 Since launch I have never seeen a sage use rescue to pull a melee team mate in to engage the melee attacker. Not once have i seen a merc of sage use their cleans to stop a rage jug or pt from getting their proc or remove a stun. Not once have i seen a sage use rescue to pull a stunned player to safty.

Stop with the qq about whats bad and talk stratigy. Try being positive for a secound and talk about what abilities you have and how they can help the team because many of the abilities and classes are buit around the team concept and if people use their tool many of things people are complaining about have a counter.

If people put more effort in to discussing how to use the tools they have and play as a team they will find that the combat and layout of the maps in this game is increadibly tatical

Just because this game is classified an MMO does not mean that it must be played in teams to be enjoyed. Generally most people (even in MMO's) often spend most of their play time solo. You should not have to rely on being in a team to have fun.

You actually make my point for me by pointing out how you never seem to see team work in a WZ unless its a premade for ranked zones and even then you hardly ever see the type of things you point out.

Just because this game is classified an MMO does not mean that it must be played in teams to be enjoyed. Generally most people (even in MMO's) often spend most of their play time solo. You should not have to rely on being in a team to have fun.

You actually make my point for me by pointing out how you never seem to see team work in a WZ unless its a premade for ranked zones and even then you hardly ever see the type of things you point out.

Wait, what-the-...

Most people spend their times in MMO's solo? o.0? -I can't even get over this sentence without doing that jackie chang meme expression.

Since i got this game its been me, the gf, and 2 of my close irl friends. We do everything and have done everything together. The XP bonus from lvling together makes **** cake. The PVP is awesome since all 4 of us voice comm. the FP's are fail proof. And along the way we've had people join our little band of brothers enough to get us to start our own guild which now sits at 60+ members with 15-20 on all the time and the majority of the time that we are not PVP we are lvling alts to improve the over all guild PVP makeup. To the point that we actually try linking up all our premade ques so we end up fighting each other because we know it will be a close match.

The matches we end up fighting against each other... whatever side wins it is usually because of some crazy last minute technicallity or 4-2% in novare.

So yes the solo experience in this game is the fail experience. If people where more social and gave a damn about the "MMO" side of this game they would notice the quality of the gameplay is improved dramatically in ALL aspects especially in PVP.

But keep playing solo... lulz. :rak_01: