Crafting 258s

xMaranathax

I don't mind,if the dude wants to make credits. What's funny to me,is how people are willing to spend hundreds of millions for mats and new gear. Those forgotten mats go for like 100mill + ? Some now lower probably,but you gotta be mental to spend this kinds of creds. And yes I do have credits, but I am not mental to spend millions upon millions on gear that won't matter in another 6 months or sooner.

I really don't know, who is more mental..person selling some 258 weapon for 300mil or whatever or someone actually buying that.

And then on other hand if you look at...those Invasion Force sell for only 200k credits and if you look at other War Supplies they also cost around 200k or under. And now when you have direct sales on CM, decos cost millions, when before from RNG crates they only costed 100k-300k let's say. And some armors that went for 100mill are selling for 5mill . It's upside down world.

Edited by Collec

I don't mind,if the dude wants to make credits. What's funny to me,is how people are willing to spend hundreds of millions for mats and new gear. Those forgotten mats go for like 100mill + ? Some now lower probably,but you gotta be mental to spend this kinds of creds. And yes I do have credits, but I am not mental to spend millions upon millions on gear that won't matter in another 6 months or sooner.

I really don't know, who is more mental..person selling some 258 weapon for 300mil or whatever or someone actually buying that.

And then on other hand if you look at...those Invasion Force sell for only 200k credits and if you look at other War Supplies they also cost around 200k or under. And now when you have direct sales on CM, decos cost millions, when before from RNG crates they only costed 100k-300k let's say. And some armors that went for 100mill are selling for 5mill . It's upside down world.

Yep. Prices are wrong. Forgotten mats are these days for 150M+ or even 200M+ and considering the difficulty i kind of understand it, i would just not spend that much. The weapons cost arround 300M already crafted bacause its forgotten Mat cost less (30M or less each sometimes). Reason is there is more in market of then because they drop from HM Queen.

The Decos Prices i really don't know much about how it was before but i'm certain that if it wasn't for its insane prices now i would not be recovering the credits I spent on Hypercrates. You can get tons of armors in current Hypercrates, even gold ones; but the credits are in the decos.

Edited by Balameb

Yep. Prices are wrong. Forgotten mats are these days for 150M+ or even 200M+ and considering the difficulty i kind of understand it, i would just not spend that much. The weapons cost arround 300M already crafted bacause its forgotten Mat cost less (30M or less each sometimes). Reason is there is more in market of then because they drop from HM Queen.

The Decos Prices i really don't know much about how it was before but i'm certain that if it wasn't for its insane prices now i would not be recovering the credits I spent on Hypercrates. You can get tons of armors in current Hypercrates, even gold ones; but the credits are in the decos.

A single Forgotten mat...ONE...not enough to craft a damn thing, is being sold for 250 mil. That is complete garbage from people who'd rather list stuff at trollishly high prices and refuse to budge than sell anything. It's a higher price than the gear crafted with those mats itself, which makes no sense.

When you list something for sale on the GTN, there's a default price that comes up under "Your buyout price". Sellers should be locked to those prices, at least for gear-crafting mats that give a noticeable advantage in ranked or unranked PvP.

A single Forgotten mat...ONE...not enough to craft a damn thing, is being sold for 250 mil. That is complete garbage from people who'd rather list stuff at trollishly high prices and refuse to budge than sell anything. It's a higher price than the gear crafted with those mats itself, which makes no sense.

When you list something for sale on the GTN, there's a default price that comes up under "Your buyout price". Sellers should be locked to those prices, at least for gear-crafting mats that give a noticeable advantage in ranked or unranked PvP.

250 mil may be way to high, but the default prices that most things have is way to low. People are free to put things on the GTN for whatever they want. If they decide to put things up for 250 million if it doesn't sell they're not getting anything out of it. I know I'd never pay that much for anything, but that's just me.

The mental thing here is that we are talking about fictional currency that does not exist and we talk about it as it is was our real money :D

Anyway, I have a few billions, but I am not spending it, nothing to spend it on. What you really need in the game you get for free. I got multiple full 258 toons and didnt spend a creidt on getting them (well, ok maybe to rip out mods and stuff). Also why would people need 258? If they do not do GODs NiM they dont need it (unless they do ranked).

Lastly, there are still people with left over billions from various exploits, they stored those on multiple alts and just launder them to these players. I dunno why people get a kick out of being mega rich in a fictional game.

why is there a need to judge people?

gearing up characters is the main drive for many players. so even if they don't need it for playing specific stuff, they need it to keep playing the game and have a goal to reach.

of course the prices are insane. i also bought crafted weapons and tons of queen vm mats, to equip my toons, just to take away the pressure to gear up. it costs me around 2billion credits and not a single credit was exploited. and i didn't care about, because it was worth it. so i can jump in master mode if needed to help out if i want to.

and we are also doing queen vm several times a week. so it is not a skill issue...

so everybody has own subjective reasons, to need or want stuff. and when they need to sell the mats, the price will be reduced. and more an more groups are doing gods master mode. not just the known ones you see here in the progress thread.

why is there a need to judge people?

gearing up characters is the main drive for many players. so even if they don't need it for playing specific stuff, they need it to keep playing the game and have a goal to reach.

I agree with this. Stop telling people they 'don't need xyz'. Having top-tier gear lets the mediocre players keep up with the great players who can do the endgame hardest content in 230 gear. If you're a little slow on your rotations, or stand in stupid a bit too long, then those extra stat points are useful.

when they need to sell the mats, the price will be reduced. and more an more groups are doing gods master mode. not just the known ones you see here in the progress thread.

Will they, though?

Logically, you'd expect an item being listed "above market value" to drop in price if it's not being sold...but when there's a virtual monopoly on certain items or mats, they just keep getting re-listed at exorbitant prices in the hopes someone will accidentally click. For things like 258 mats, nobody's stopping you from doing that, but a mat with a limited window of relevance may as well be sold for what it can rake in while still relevant. Instead, they're being re-listed every few days for months, and neither sold nor used.

If players with billions from credit exploits are able to buy high-end gear, well...I'm fairly sure BioWare said something at some point about cracking down on those who use such exploits, and with endgame gear being craftable this should be a priority.

What gets me is when people say "100 million is nothing". Yeah, if you've been sitting on a pile of credits for years without spending it on anything, and if you buy/re-sell Cartel Market items, it's not as much of a dent, but it's something. Without exploits, it took you either plenty of time or some real money.

it maybe is different between the servers, but on tulak hord they are sold way cheaper outside the gtn. so you are free to ask the seller to sell them for a cheaper price

Overall I do not get the prices, I got full 258 toons after 8 weeks, with no credits spent and no, it didnt take 8 hours per day to grind, it just required a bit of luck and calculations. So for me its silly to even think about buying 258 gear from gtn, if you can get it for a bit of work for free.

Overall I do not get the prices, I got full 258 toons after 8 weeks, with no credits spent and no, it didnt take 8 hours per day to grind, it just required a bit of luck and calculations. So for me its silly to even think about buying 258 gear from gtn, if you can get it for a bit of work for free.

its not about 258 gear in general. its about B-Mods. if these guys are correct (i didnt test it, cuz i dont wanna waste 500m for the risk to get trolled here), crafting is the only way to get them. so you either run Gods NiM or buy the mats if you want some.

regular 258 DPS Mods or 248 B-Mods will do just fine for every tank, but some people like to tune their stats till ultimate perfection.

Edited by mrphstar

if these guys are correct (i didnt test it, cuz i dont wanna waste 500m for the risk to get trolled here), crafting is the only way to get them. so you either run Gods NiM or buy the mats if you want some.

The main issue here is what is the way to get the schematic? Is it s legit way?

The mental thing here is that we are talking about fictional currency that does not exist and we talk about it as it is was our real money :D

Lastly, there are still people with left over billions from various exploits, they stored those on multiple alts and just launder them to these players. I dunno why people get a kick out of being mega rich in a fictional game.

Well even your "real-world money" is a scam,but it's the one that "matters".

Yeah ok that actually makes sense...only people buying 300+ million stuff are themselves, so if one of their accounts gets banned,they got X amount of accounts left with credits. BW it's not hard to find,who buys these at insane prices. But you won't look into it,because you are too lazy and don't care. I made my credits without any exploits and with a SINGLE account. I am not mental to have multiple accounts of this game.

With the official announcement that 258s will be obsolete come September, one would have expected a sharp drop in their price. So far, no such luck.

That's not a complaint, by the way---I definitely won't be buying them now either way. It's just perplexing how people would be that stubborn when they could've cut their prices in half and still made hundreds of millions.

Maybe they'll get tens of thousands now, selling that gear to vendors. :D

With the official announcement that 258s will be obsolete come September, one would have expected a sharp drop in their price. So far, no such luck.

That's not a complaint, by the way---I definitely won't be buying them now either way. It's just perplexing how people would be that stubborn when they could've cut their prices in half and still made hundreds of millions.

Maybe they'll get tens of thousands now, selling that gear to vendors. :D

Its still a long way to go. We are talking about almost half a year of time. If you are active in the game you can use the gear during that time. As I mentioned in anohter thread, getting it from the game by playing is much easier, cheaper and isnt really that time consuming. This is something I actually praise from Bioware that the gearing does take time, but they made the gear relevant for even longer.

If the people are willing to waste so much money and you have people who (god knows why) love to ammas billions of credits for nothing, just let them. I just hope everyone has their fun.

Ohhh, we've got one of the overpricing sellers stalking me from thread to thread? :D

Nice try, but it's closer to 5 months and that's not a long time at all, and no, the grind is officially no longer necessary. You CAN do it, but we aren't in the same position of waiting an as-yet-unknown period for it to be made obsolete.

If the people are willing to waste so much money and you have people who (god knows why) love to ammas billions of credits for nothing, just let them. I just hope everyone has their fun.

Again, misrepresenting the point. I never *told* anyone they *couldn't* do anything...I went out of my way to say as much. I'm just pointing out it's silly from a market perspective to constantly re-list anything that way...and there's a BIG difference you don't seem to understand between "Hey, I'll list X at a crazy price in case someone misclicks and buys it," and "Hey, this is worth a bajillion credits! Awesome, I'm gonna sell it!"

just pointing out it's silly from a market perspective to constantly re-list anything that way

Are you sure they're re-listing and not selling? I've crafted a few 258's for my own use, and usually throw them on the gtn before equipping them just to see if they sell. I've sold a couple weapons for way more than I would pay for them, but they were obviously not overpriced if someone was willing to pay for them.