Assassins untouched in 1.2

bloatality

So with all the classes getting changed in 1.2, how is it that assassins running 27 darkness, 14 madness are doing these kind of numbers http://i.imgur.com/MG0zO.jpg ? I find it hard to believe with the changes being made to the classes, assassins going deep into their tank tree should have that kind of damage output, or maybe I am missing something.

That was a voidstar and the numbers are comparable in huttball

http://i.imgur.com/2uh8J.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nj0Q8.jpg

The biggest concern is that Bioware has not taken the time to look at your class for this major upcoming patch to give you other viable options for PvP. This thread is not meant to be a QQ assassins are OP running deep Darkness.

Other classes have multiple specs that do well in PvP and it seems to me assassins are pigeon holed into a deep darkness spec to be of use to their team. I understand that everything in the tree is working as intended, but I would assume assassins would be looking for changes to their other trees in this upcoming patch even if it meant it made them stronger.

Edited by bloatality

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassins/Shadows are incredibly broken right now. If they go without a nerf in 1.2 I fail to see how you wouldn't want as many of these classes as possible in your rated warzone team.

It's a tank spec, it does over 600K dmg, 60K self healing, and over 100K protection, what a joke.

You are missing something. You are missing that it is voidstar and he had someone guarded obviously by the protection number's and most likely the other team grouped up on one door so he could AOE spamm them. Out of all that damage how many do you think actually died to the assassin. If you hover over his dmg you will probably see his highest hit somewhere around 3-3.3K.

Any class can do insane damage if they have 2-3 pocket healers running around with them and the other team groups up. Assassin's have a lot of tools but until they are not pigeon holed into the darkness tree just to actually live longer than 3 seconds, people will continue to use dps gear while in a tank tree. Overall a 3K crit is nothing when people can spamm Tracer or other abilities that hit for over 5K and that is when they hit a tank.

Try watching a darkness assassin kill a ball carrier that has 2 healer's with him, It's not going to happen, I have seen almost every class in the game get over 500K+ dmg in voidstar's some can do it in huttball as well. Still haven't figured out why people ignore the assassin that is taunting/guarding and AOE'ing people in the middle of a group, burn him down with focus fire and the rest of his team goes down real quick.

Edited by Celesian

You are missing something. You are missing that it is voidstar and he had someone guarded obviously by the protection number's and most likely the other team grouped up on one door so he could AOE spamm them. Out of all that damage how many do you think actually died to the assassin. If you hover over his dmg you will probably see his highest hit somewhere around 3-3.3K.

Any class can do insane damage if they have 2-3 pocket healers running around with them and the other team groups up. Assassin's have a lot of tools but until they are not pigeon holed into the darkness tree just to actually live longer than 3 seconds, people will continue to use dps gear while in a tank tree. Overall a 3K crit is nothing when people can spamm Tracer or other abilities that hit for over 5K and that is when they hit a tank.

Try watching a darkness assassin kill a ball carrier that has 2 healer's with him, It's not going to happen, I have seen almost every class in the game get over 500K+ dmg in voidstar's some can do it in huttball as well. Still haven't figured out why people ignore the assassin that is taunting/guarding and AOE'ing people in the middle of a group, burn him down with focus fire and the rest of his team goes down real quick.

Because, as a fully geared out Mercenary, my tracer hits for 5k on tanks?

Rofl.

My tracer missile hits for 2.6k normally, like 2k on tanks, I have to work my butt off to get a 5k hit.

Quite frankly, you are flat out wrong. I play Republic against him on his server, and his numbers are similar regardless of what the warzone is unless he's sitting at a turret in Alderaan to guard it. Assassins/Shadows have no problem killing anyone. They are the most overpowered class in the game at the moment.

What people fail to realize is that there is NOTHING WRONG with the assassin tank SPEC. The Darkness tree is FINE. A tank assassin in TANK GEAR is totally legit and working as intended. As soon as you add DPS GEAR to a tank assassin, thats when they become OP, and really only OP to those who don't know how to fight them.

Until they find a way to make it so that people can't use DPS gear while in a tank spec, assassin's will remain the way that they are. I personally would love to see more deception specc'ed assassin's but a) their burst is wayyyyywayayayway too predictable if you are even remotely good at identifying your opponent and b) they can be beat reliably by a tank assassin wearing their same gear.

Recap: The tanksin darkness tree is fine and working as intended, once you add dps gear it becomes overpowered because of the STATS THE GEAR PROVIDE not because the tree or class is broken.

What people fail to realize is that there is NOTHING WRONG with the assassin tank SPEC. The Darkness tree is FINE. A tank assassin in TANK GEAR is totally legit and working as intended. As soon as you add DPS GEAR to a tank assassin, thats when they become OP, and really only OP to those who don't know how to fight them.

Until they find a way to make it so that people can't use DPS gear while in a tank spec, assassin's will remain the way that they are. I personally would love to see more deception specc'ed assassin's but a) their burst is wayyyyywayayayway too predictable if you are even remotely good at identifying your opponent and b) they can be beat reliably by a tank assassin wearing their same gear.

Recap: The tanksin darkness tree is fine and working as intended, once you add dps gear it becomes overpowered because of the STATS THE GEAR PROVIDE not because the tree or class is broken.

Again, this is not correct. The gear doesn't matter. He's doing more damage in a TANK spec with DPS gear than most DPS classes are capable of IN DPS gear.

It simply boils down to the fact that the class is too good at DAMAGE and TANKING in the same spec while still having some of the best utility in the game (Pull, Speed, Cloak, AE Knockback).

Just the fact that the class has a fully functioning Execute move in a Tank spec boggles my mind (for the record so do Juggs/Guardians).

Something seem's odd about that to be honest. I'm rank 64 and run the usual hybrid spec and only in Voidstar can I see number's anywhere close to that. The protection isn't a big deal cause any tank can do 100K by having a healer stand in fire or slime I see it all the time so that number could easily be bumped up on purpose there.

The damage he is doing would have to put him in full rakata gear, I don't see BM gear getting him up there that high. I would be willing to bet he is going in as a premade with at least 2 pocket healer's for 100% uptime on dps. The odd thing that I am seeing there is the amount of healing he is doing. Again he would be having to AOE the crap out of folks with Death Field and burning Harnessed Darkness on proc pretty much non stop. What this mean's is that his number's are high but overall contribution to the team is pretty much crap. PVP is about team work not padding the meter's last I checked.

Fixing the other tree's would make other spec's more viable and would help take out a huge amount of the dps/tank's which would make the problem less of an issue.

Edited by Celesian

Something seem's odd about that to be honest. I'm rank 64 and run the usual hybrid spec and only in Voidstar can I see number's anywhere close to that. The protection isn't a big deal cause any tank can do 100K by having a healer stand in fire or slime I see it all the time so that number could easily be bumped up on purpose there. The damage he is doing would have to put him in full rakata gear, I don't see BM gear getting him up there that high. I would be willing to bet he is going in as a premade with at least 2 pocket healer's for 100% uptime on dps. The odd thing that I am seeing there is the amount of healing he is doing. Again he would be having to AOE the crap out of folks with Death Field and burning Harnessed Darkness on proc pretty much non stop. What this mean's is that his number's are high but overall contribution to the team is pretty much crap. PVP is about team work not padding the meter's last I checked. Fixing the other tree's would make other spec's more viable and would help take out a huge amount of the dps/tank's which would make the problem less of an issue.

You think his overall contribution to the team is crap???

I play against him. Him playing that class is a lot of times the reason his team even wins (no offense to the other players).

Here, here's a video of what good Assassin/Shadows are capable of - Tank and DPS specs included.

heres an option that people dont want to admit to...

he is using a speed hack.

there is a guild on my server that is known for it. both on light and dark side. same guild members just rep/imp alts.

they use thier operatives/scoundrels and assassin/shadows and stealth up to people and 1 hit them. when really its like 5 hits in the time it would take to do 1.

i have reported to bioware as have my guild mates of this and nothing has been done yet. so we just refuse to play pvp

Okay if he's running the rakata chest only that would mean he pulled out mods from BM dps gear and put it in BM tank gear. This requires ton's of time due to having to get both set's of gear and quite possibly 3-4 peices of BM gloves for the mods.

I'm guessing he maxxed out crit and surge which is OP due to the way it works. However jugg's can do the same thing with there gear and get huge number's on smashes. It looks to me like he has taken a lot of time to put together the perfect set of gear and with pocket healers following him around and chaining Expertise buff's is allowing him to do this.

I still don't see the assassin being overpowered by any mean's. Just because a guy can pad the dps meter's while contributing basically nothing to his team doesn't make the class OP.

Again, this is not correct. The gear doesn't matter. He's doing more damage in a TANK spec with DPS gear than most DPS classes are capable of IN DPS gear.

It simply boils down to the fact that the class is too good at DAMAGE and TANKING in the same spec while still having some of the best utility in the game (Pull, Speed, Cloak, AE Knockback).

Just the fact that the class has a fully functioning Execute move in a Tank spec boggles my mind (for the record so do Juggs/Guardians).

Show me pictures of DPS classes in DPS specs and gear of equal skill and gear being out damaged by a tank assassin in tank gear.

Until that happens, the class is not broken and again it comes down to assassins running a TANK spec wearing DPS gear.

Okay if he's running the rakata chest only that would mean he pulled out mods from BM dps gear and put it in BM tank gear. This requires ton's of time due to having to get both set's of gear and quite possibly 3-4 peices of BM gloves for the mods.

I'm guessing he maxxed out crit and surge which is OP due to the way it works. However jugg's can do the same thing with there gear and get huge number's on smashes. It looks to me like he has taken a lot of time to put together the perfect set of gear and with pocket healers following him around and chaining Expertise buff's is allowing him to do this.

I still don't see the assassin being overpowered by any mean's. Just because a guy can pad the dps meter's while contributing basically nothing to his team doesn't make the class OP.

Here you go ladies and gentlemen. Someone who thinks Assassins and Shadows contribute nothing to their team.

Time to move along from this troll.

You think his overall contribution to the team is crap???

I play against him. Him playing that class is a lot of times the reason his team even wins (no offense to the other players).

Here, here's a video of what good Assassin/Shadows are capable of - Tank and DPS specs included.

The real OP in that video is STIMS and ADRENALS.

If you are actually watching you'll notice in nearly every shot of him doing huge numbers, he has BOTH up.

Nothing surprising or unique here. In fact, these numbers aren't even as impressive as dps juggs and marauders.

Show me pictures of DPS classes in DPS specs and gear of equal skill and gear being out damaged by a tank assassin in tank gear.

Until that happens, the class is not broken and again it comes down to assassins running a TANK spec wearing DPS gear.

Did you see the first post and the 3 pictures posted in it? Why would someone use tank gear in pvp, the stats only work against snipers/gunslinger anyway

Edited by cuteypie

Nobody cares what gear he's wearing. In Tank spec and DPS gear the class is still a Tank. It is still very hard to kill. It is in no way as squishy as other dps classes.

Your reasoning behind what makes the class overpowered is beyond ridiculous. You're telling me that to fix this problem you want to prevent Tank specs from wearing DPS gear?

Sounds freaking great! Hey all you Juggernaut/Assassin/Powertech players out there, I hope you didn't just purchase all your shiny new War Hero gear as DPS gear. Now you'll never be able to respec as a Tank without having to grind up a totally new set.

Yes...that makes total sense.