Why would I want to use my BM gear?

Reilnkur

Why wear PVP gear T3 vs PVE T3? The stats even with level 58 mods are not as good. Add in expteries your dps is still less? the %less form other players is negated by the % dmg to players if they are in the same armor. Can someone explain why I would want to swap out my modded Rakata if I am top kills/dmg almost all the time for something that seems to give less return?

For you? no clue, for most of everyone that's not running End Game PVE atm then ya...

Also if your rocking full Rakata and your a BM, time to take a lil break and enjoy some sunlight...

Edited by mordredz

The point is that the PvE gear is way better than the PvP gear, the current bonus from expertise just ain't enough to throw off your top end pve gear.

I've already seen some ppl in centurion equipment with equipped rakata mods that claim that equipment like that is even better than battlemaster...

Rakata mods and BM mods are exactly the same except for the armoring mod.

I'm guessing you solo queue and play warzones like they're just a series of 1vs1 fights but even a side heal now and then from a healer makes BM gear better than Rakata because dead people don't do any damage and can't kill anyone.

I do solo can and we run guild groups. 1vs1 is never an issue. any thing not in Heavy armor drops fast. If healer gets on go for heals pretty simple. most healers in the game become unless if focused on by burst class which either forces them to run away which means they are not healing others, or in some cases like BH they eat it over and over until they get messed up by CC or cancel abilites. Again that chance of 12% just got taken out by 8sec CC

The point is simple... BM gear pulls off the moment you get any sort of healing.

3k worth of healing on Rakata dude is effectively ~3.3k for BM one, because of extra damage reduction from expertise, which makes health gains more effective.

So basically Full BM and Rakata you will roughly do same damage, have the same effective HP, but all healing and shielding done on you as BM is 12% more effective, by the grace of a fact that you lose health slower thanks to damage reduction.

Also the above is quite flawed, you are not taking into account the fact that in the end your final Primary stat in the Character Sheet won't be increased by 25% and other than that +25% to Primary Stat is far from +25% DPS. Effectively it is lower than whatever full Expertise gearing at those levels gives.

This. Healers can OOR on those huge health pools, damage reduction is far greater than more Endurance especially with Trauma.

Edited by Bnol

I do solo can and we run guild groups. 1vs1 is never an issue. any thing not in Heavy armor drops fast. If healer gets on go for heals pretty simple. most healers in the game become unless if focused on by burst class which either forces them to run away which means they are not healing others, or in some cases like BH they eat it over and over until they get messed up by CC or cancel abilites. Again that chance of 12% just got taken out by 8sec CC

Honestly if healers were really that useless they wouldn't get to the end of the game with 300k+ in heals cast. If they were casting those heals at BM people, you'd see +12% to that number and each HP would be 12% more valuable because of damage reduction.

I mean, if you think your personal metagame can't benefit from it fine but I still sorta feel like you're doing it wrong if you don't care at all about healing...

hmm not sure how your BM gear is better than Rakata. Rakata has more End, more primary stat, than add what ever mods you use in and you still end up with better dmg stats than what Expertise attemps to do. Heals are the only benifit. If I wear full BM and you wear full BM the Expertise does nothing my extra %dmg will be removed by your %reduction so tell me how that is better than the extra +crit in expertises place on the Rakata?

Only way it is better is if you are fighting people that are less geared than you. Seems like a failed stat. As to heals gained form the % that is a good bonus, however playing a sniper I dont usually worry about heals myself as Im already pretty soft I learned to just play smart as a ranged.

Even with the 58 mods/enhancement you sitll wont get the same endurance or primary stat on BM as you would Rakata.

Not counting main/off hand (because I can't be bothered to look up those weapon names), the differences between a full set of Rakata and Battlemaster Eliminator's gear is:

Rakata: +201 Aim, +195 Endurance, +74 Power

Battlemaster: +602 Expertise

They both have the same levels of Crit and Surge.

195 Endurance is 1950 HP

600 Expertise is +11.5% damage you deal to the enemy and -11.5% damage you take from the enemy according to http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/02/expertise-breakfast-of-champions/

201 Aim and 74 Power is 57.22 Damage Bonus according to http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-SWTOR-formula-list

I haven't tried to make full sense of the damage formulas on SithWarrior but I'm pretty sure that 201 Aim + 74 Power isn't going to surpass 11.5% bonus in damage from Expertise.

1950 HP is probably equal or better than 11.5% less incoming damage in a fight with no healing. As soon as you start getting heals, the Expertise trumps the extra HP almost immediately.

Now, the missing portion here is the Augment slot issue. I've seen talk on the forums that you can get Rakata gear with Augment slots but I haven't seen if you can do the same for Battlemaster. If that's the case, then the Rakata would certainly be better.

Also, because of Expertise's diminshing returns, it would probably be beneficial to at least mix some Rakata gear in once you hit a certain level Expertise. But I think going all Rakata with 0 Expertise would be foolish.

I'm guessing you solo queue and play warzones like they're just a series of 1vs1 fights but even a side heal now and then from a healer makes BM gear better than Rakata because dead people don't do any damage and can't kill anyone.

If you have even Rakata Med Packs the survivality of BM easily beats Rakata.

If you PvP without a Rakata Med Pack and no form of healing whatsoever through an entire match, you shouldn't have to worry about which armor set is better because you're already dead.

The point is that the PvE gear is way better than the PvP gear, the current bonus from expertise just ain't enough to throw off your top end pve gear.

expertise, which is useless anyway

Expertise is a piece of junk therefore.

Oh my god, I just looooooooooooove to meet baddies like you in warzones. Nothing makes my day like blowing 5k rail shots all over the faces of people who think expertise is garbage.

Since noone seems to have come up with the answer yet, any of you tried this method.

Pull mods/enhancements from Rataka gear, put into BM gear = more Health+Expertise. enjoy....

since you apparently have 0 rataka gear or bm gear, you do not realize that the mods / enhancements on all tier pieces are the same regardless of if they are pvp or pve

when people say take the mods out, it is to take out mods which do not have the stats you want and to replace them with ones that do, ie if i am in full champ gear as a guardian, but I want power/surge instead of what is there already, i will buy 5 smuggler hats and rip out those mods to replace my champion power/accuracy ones. whether these mods come from pvp or pve gear is meaningless as they are the same

10% damage is irreplacable with pve gear, end of story. the math above from a few posts up is true

anyone who claims otherwise has not provided any reason for doing so and do not know what they are talking about

even if you had 500 extra strength from pve gear, that would be about 100 damage. in full BM you're at maybe 900 damage. 13% of that is already about 100. And its not an extra 500 strength its about 200, so there

Edited by bicuspid

Thats my point :) I dont understand why we have pvp gear if the pve gear is better, I guess unless someone doesnt do both and only pvp's

They really need to make the pvp gear better and remove the % dmg/def vs player seems to cancel each other out . Id rather take +crit or surge or other usable stat vs expertise.

they need to make expertise more effective. this will also encourage pvp'er to use full expertise pvp gear instead of pve pieces

since you apparently have 0 rataka gear or bm gear, you do not realize that the mods / enhancements on all tier pieces are the same regardless of if they are pvp or pve

when people say take the mods out, it is to take out mods which do not have the stats you want and to replace them with ones that do, ie if i am in full champ gear as a guardian, but I want power/surge instead of what is there already, i will buy 5 smuggler hats and rip out those mods to replace my champion power/accuracy ones. whether these mods come from pvp or pve gear is meaningless as they are the same

10% damage is irreplacable with pve gear, end of story. the math above from a few posts up is true

anyone who claims otherwise has not provided any reason for doing so and do not know what they are talking about

even if you had 500 extra strength from pve gear, that would be about 100 damage. in full BM you're at maybe 900 damage. 13% of that is already about 100. And its not an extra 500 strength its about 200, so there

Actually currently 697 Expertise,and also 3/5 rataka (not including implants/ear/bracers/belt/relics)

Just as an example

Advanced Acute Enhancement 25

+24 End

+51 Acc

+37 Crit Rating

Want more health? change out with

Advanced Proficient Enhancement 25

+40 End

+51 Acc

+20 Power.

Which i got from a duplicate Rataka drop, which is what i initially meant, as you can see +40 is more than +24, unless my math is wrong.

Actually currently 697 Expertise,and also 3/5 rataka (not including implants/ear/bracers/belt/relics)

Just as an example

+24 End

+51 Acc

+37 Crit Rating

+40 End

+51 Acc

+20 Power.

Which i got from a duplicate Rataka drop, which is what i initially meant, as you can see +40 is more than +24, unless my math is wrong.

you can get both those mods from pvp or pve, maybe not in the same gear slot by default, but the mods are from the same pool. for example, you can get the same mod from the battlemaster eliminator's gauntlets for a trooper as you've listed with the 40 end 51 acc 20 pow

it *may* be easier to get duplicate rataka than waiting for BM tokens, thus it would be faster to pve if you have things on farm, but this route is not one everyone can take. for a lot of people it would be much easier just to trade in bm tokens

for the average person who is in guilds where rataka drops are not offset rolls for the general ops, the best thing would be to get their BM stuff, then until they can optimize it with another 20 or so tokens, use their extra champ tokens to min/max in the slots the BM gear is deficient in. it would be a lower level mod but you'd be maxing your power or hp

Edited by bicuspid

Just as an example

+24 End

+51 Acc

+37 Crit Rating

+40 End

+51 Acc

+20 Power.

Although power is the supreme stat in DPS on a per point basis, 20 power is almost certainly not better than 37 crit. The piece with 40 endurance have more HP because it gave up some DPS stat. It's got nothign to do with whether it's PvE or PvP gear. Some enhancement/mods are just more offense/defense oriented compared to others.

Oh my god, I just looooooooooooove to meet baddies like you in warzones. Nothing makes my day like blowing 5k rail shots all over the faces of people who think expertise is garbage.

Yea, it must have been that you're crits are so big cause of 12% dmg increase from expertise.

Seriously.:rolleyes: