How have we NOT talked about this?

Adelreith

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but look to the right and you'll find a forum for discussion of Star Wars. ALL Star Wars. This general discussion is generally related to the game and related topics.

you win. I posted in the wrong spot.

Dang this is a tough crowd...

It's a shame you don't consider the EU in your discussion.

Luke also defies the spirit of Exar Kun, and because of his training, his pupils destroy the Sith Lord.

Creates a New Jedi Order that isn't as stuffy and monastic as the old one.

And, in the latest "Fate of the Jedi" series, he is all sorts of awesome. Has the entire Lost Tribe's Sith scared spitless of him. Maybe because he has continously defeated a Dark Side creature that the Rakata could never destroy, but only imprison for 25,000 years inside the Maw Cluster. Which I hope is the story he finally dies in, because it would be an awesome end to a character that started out whiny, and became the ultimate badazz.

Luke is a whiny annoyance. Obi Wan is the best sith lord ever. He gets his Jedi master killed (Quigon), and proceeds to lead to padawans to the dark side. Fricken awesome.

I wish they would make a movie 3.5 and just make it a movie about Vader killing everyone. I don't know the canon, I just would like something where after he emerges as Vader cyborg, he kills everyone and hunts people down and chokes the crap out of people. That way I really feel the "oh crap" feeling when his troopers cut through leia's ship in the begining of 4.

But Anakin killed the emperor and brought balance to the force. That's gotta count for something. Sure he was a whiny little ***** in his early years, but he was a righteous bad *** later on.

Like father like son, right? Except that Luke was never really much of a bad**s, and Anakin only became one after becoming a Sith Lord.

There are exactly two true bad**s jedi in the movies: Yoda and Windu.

I'm sure Jania is completely wonderful, but she isn't part of the six movies so i don't consider it lore. :) There has to be a cut-off when it comes to star wars lore... there are so many authors that is has become one big fan fiction fest. So that is why i stick with the movies.

Then by your own philosophy, this game is nothing but fan fiction. Why are you here?

Also, if you are ONLY going off the 6 movies, even Obi-wan is better than Luke. Obi defeated Darth Maul, General Grevious, and Anakin (Darth Vader). How can you honestly say that Luke is the best Jedi simply because Vader defeated the Emperor?

Then by your own philosophy, this game is nothing but fan fiction. Why are you here?

Also, if you are ONLY going off the 6 movies, even Obi-wan is better than Luke. Obi defeated Darth Maul, General Grevious, and Anakin (Darth Vader). How can you honestly say that Luke is the best Jedi simply because Vader defeated the Emperor?

Tbh Luke probably is better then Obi-Wan(at least EP 2), Luke's total time of jedi training was 4 years and by the time of ROTJ he was a fully trained jedi knight. The movies may not have shown what power Luke had, but the novelizations of the movies and in between sure do Luke most likely learned what it took a normal jedi 10 years to do and in such a short time span he was on even footing with his father, and even the emperor was amazed at Luke's ability. Now granted Vader was "conflicted" but he still fought Luke, he didn't just roll over and die now did he?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

The best Jedi and Sith and Jedi/Sith ever is Revan. Hands down.

Yes, Indeed. Exactly Right, Sir :)

If his/her mind hadn't been wiped, and Reven had done it on his/her own, he/she (yeesh!) would be a Force Master. Perfect Balance in the Force.

Edited by JarenVestrit

So in all my my thread reading, and I admit, I do a lot, i have not come across this subject once. I mean once!

That is a thread saying that Luke Skywalker is the B E S T jedi EVER!

So this game has motivated me to watch the trilogy again. The trilogy is pure poetry. Lucas didn't even know what he had! I hated the prilogy when it came out but i will accept it as cannon. As for all the other stuff concerning star wars - if it isn't one of the six movies, I don't count it. It is in the same realm as fan fiction to me.

So, yeah, Luke is awesome. He gets like a month of training from Yoda about how to be a Jedi, is basically self taught, and still manages to all the awesome stuff he does! He could have killed the emperor in episode 6 if Vader would have allowed it. He most defiantly could have killed Vader multiple times if he chose to (but he couldn't because this would turn him to the dark side, and he knew it). In his final stand he throws down his weapon to prove to the emperor that he WILL NOT BE TURNED. Yeah, coolest fight scene in the whole series in the final fight between Vader and luke.

Luke Skywalker is awesome! The best Jedi in the history of the star wars universe.

Luke is the best Jedi ever but you're wrong on multiple fronts. Luke couldn't have killed the Emperor. The Emperor knew Vader would stand in the way. The only reason he beat Vader is because Vader was conflicted. However, Luke in Dark Empire and beyond would destroy Vader.

As for Wolfninja. No, Vader was FAR weaker than he would have been. Luke was a fully trained Jedi in Return of the Jedi, however, he was still no Jedi master. He was impressive but not as much as some of the top Jedi in the era. Again, Vader was far weaker. For a Sith to properly use the dark side they must use hate. He did not hate his son. He was being pulled by the dark side and the light side. He couldn't fully utilize it's powers. He wanted his son to join him but he didn't want to kill his son. Vader was always at his most powerful when every strike he made. Every move was designed to kill.

Luke has stated in the EU that if Vader was trying to kill him it wouldn't be much of a fight. Yes he was a fully trained Jedi. Yes for the time he spent training (the little he had) he was powerful. Yes not long after he takes on the Emperor reborn which no other Jedi could hope to achieve but at that moment if Vader was at full strength he would not win.

Edited by Rhyltran

So in all my my thread reading, and I admit, I do a lot, i have not come across this subject once. I mean once!

That is a thread saying that Luke Skywalker is the B E S T jedi EVER!

So this game has motivated me to watch the trilogy again. The trilogy is pure poetry. Lucas didn't even know what he had! I hated the prilogy when it came out but i will accept it as cannon. As for all the other stuff concerning star wars - if it isn't one of the six movies, I don't count it. It is in the same realm as fan fiction to me.

So, yeah, Luke is awesome. He gets like a month of training from Yoda about how to be a Jedi, is basically self taught, and still manages to all the awesome stuff he does! He could have killed the emperor in episode 6 if Vader would have allowed it. He most defiantly could have killed Vader multiple times if he chose to (but he couldn't because this would turn him to the dark side, and he knew it). In his final stand he throws down his weapon to prove to the emperor that he WILL NOT BE TURNED. Yeah, coolest fight scene in the whole series in the final fight between Vader and luke.

Luke Skywalker is awesome! The best Jedi in the history of the star wars universe.

Just saying, the movie doesnt do it justice, he was more there for more like months, not a single month.

But there is a reason this isnt talked about. It is commonly accepted that Luke is the great jedi ever.

Not everyone agrees, but its G canon that he is the most skilled lightsaber duelist ever as well as some other crap.

Luke is the best Jedi ever but you're wrong on multiple fronts. Luke couldn't have killed the Emperor. The Emperor knew Vader would stand in the way. The only reason he beat Vader is because Vader was conflicted. However, Luke in Dark Empire and beyond would destroy Vader.

As for Wolfninja. No, Vader was FAR weaker than he would have been. Luke was a fully trained Jedi in Return of the Jedi, however, he was still no Jedi master. He was impressive but not as much as some of the top Jedi in the era. Again, Vader was far weaker. For a Sith to properly use the dark side they must use hate. He did not hate his son. He was being pulled by the dark side and the light side. He couldn't fully utilize it's powers. He wanted his son to join him but he didn't want to kill his son. Vader was always at his most powerful when every strike he made. Every move was designed to kill.

Luke has stated in the EU that if Vader was trying to kill him it wouldn't be much of a fight. Yes he was a fully trained Jedi. Yes for the time he spent training (the little he had) he was powerful. Yes not long after he takes on the Emperor reborn which no other Jedi could hope to achieve but at that moment if Vader was at full strength he would not win.

Not even gonna get into the argument of the whole "suit vs normal power" thing cause theres too many views on it. But the point is Vader didn't roll over and die, I said he was conflicted yes but he still fought Luke regardless and he wasn't being weak about it either. For Luke to be able to even stand on equal footing with Vader regardless if he was conflicted or not, over such a short time of training shows how good he was.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Just saying, the movie doesnt do it justice, he was more there for more like months, not a single month.

But there is a reason this isnt talked about. It is commonly accepted that Luke is the great jedi ever.

Not everyone agrees, but its G canon that he is the most skilled lightsaber duelist ever as well as some other crap.

4 years.

Luke is the greatest Jedi Ever, even if it wasn't stated by Lucas. What Jedi has come close to him?

Not even gonna get into the argument of the whole "suit vs normal power" thing cause theres too many views on it. But the point is Vader didn't roll over and die, I said he was conflicted yes but he still fought Luke regardless and he wasn't being weak about it either. For Luke to be able to even stand on equal footing with Vader regardless if he was conflicted or not, over such a short time of training shows how good he was.

Yes he was weak about it. Compared to what we've seen him do in the EU? He was. Even Luke admitted he wasn't going anywhere near full strength on him. Considering he fought him I think we should take his word for it.

Not to mention it's fact. To use the dark side. You must use hate and other powerful emotions. The light and dark in him were struggling AS he was fighting Luke Skywalker. There's absolutely no way he could go anywhere near full strength on him when A) He didn't want to kill him.

B) He didn't hate him.

C) He was making the transformation from dark to light and fighting with himself.

Plus there's no evidence that Luke in return of the Jedi was Jedi MASTER level. Vader has killed plenty of masters with ease. In the end he just became a full fledged jedi.

Edited by Rhyltran