Not Your Ordinary - PvP Videos

Polymerize

More videos to come in the near future (final's week is almost over :D).

~5/8/13

Long overdue but, I now have some recording privileges.

The videos need to be watched in 1080p.

They do not have special effects. No special music. They are full length matches with music I was listening to in the background.

They are just some videos I recorded over the span of playing 3-4 hours last night. Just some regular matches on POT5. In the future I will put captions and notes in the video as it goes along; pointing out things that are important and things that I am thinking about and noticing as the game progresses. Without notes you likely will not have a clue what I'm doing at times, so expect notes in these videos in the future. Also expect voice recording in the future as well.

So not many details right now, just check out the 3-4 videos. You might learn something.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SliceGTFO/videos?flow=grid&view=0

- I would suggest watching "Civil War - How You Should Play the Game" first. (laggy for the first 15 seconds but it clears up.)

Gear is full 3/4 partisan with no augs, not min/maxed at all, no stim. Deception spec - 3/40/3

~Poly

Edited by Polymerize

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Civil War - Assassin - How You Should Play the Game, it's the second thing you do. Mezz one, pop Recklessness and then open with lightning. When you return later to help defend, you do it again.

Also you forgot to buff up after you died the first time. I can see that fighting was at the bottom of your to-do list for the wz, but still...

Civil War - Assassin - How You Should Play the Game, it's the second thing you do. Mezz one, pop Recklessness and then open with lightning. When you return later to help defend, you do it again.

Also you forgot to buff up after you died the first time. I can see that fighting was at the bottom of your to-do list for the wz, but still...

At the beginning of that game -

1) We were outnumbered at mid, severely.

2) I was the ONLY person stopping about 5 people from capping - for about 20 seconds or so.

I was just stopping them from capping. I popped recklessness because it gives me a 30m range to interrupt that guy. Much more effective than running all the way towards him, yes? Recklessness is essentially always off CD since 2.0; so I use it coupled with force lightning 24/7 knowing that it will be off CD again as soon as I die so I do not use Recklessness sparingly.

As for the second time I used it -

It was not the conventional optimal way for starting out a 1v1.

But I did not want to let him get anymore of the cap so I:

1) Set up phase walk

2) Opened on him

3) Popped a couple of moves on him and led him AWAY from my phase walk position while saving one of my recklessness charges

> he had used his force charge on me because I opened on him from a distance

> I was able to use phase walk and get him with a full Force lightning from 30m

> if my knockback had not glitched; he barely would have touched me

There are multiple multiple ways to start a 1v1 with a lot of different conditions. I couple my phase walk with my 30m force lightnings on certain classes because it is highly effective. You won't see many people doing this.

Edited by Polymerize

You might learn something.

I learned you're supposed to stay in stealth for the first whole minute of a pvp video and just watch while your team mates try to defend a node and let them all die.

But I'm a pvp noob.

grats on being *that guy* though

Definitely an interesting use for the Phase Walk, I'm still very awkward with the ability, and use it mostly to control objectives.

Phase Walk is an incredibly multi-dimensional ability. Do not let people tell you it is only useful for X, Y, and Z situations. In my videos and videos to come you'll see me use it for all kinds of different situations that you would never think about.

I learned you're supposed to stay in stealth for the first whole minute of a pvp video and just watch while your team mates try to defend a node and let them all die.

But I'm a pvp noob.

grats on being *that guy* though

If that is all you saw; I understand. I will say that I will be providing captions in my videos along with voice commentary. It will help people like yourself to understand everything that is going on in my mind; this footage is on a lot higher level than you might be able to fathom so I doesn't surprise me if some of the stuff I do is questionable. I promise that I always have a reason for what I am doing.

These videos were thrown together over 3-4 hours; they are not perfect and I have not put time into captions and commentary as of yet. This is my first time recording videos I needed to see what kind of feedback I could possibly get and what the quality would be like, etc etc. Thanks for watching- never said anyone was a PVP noob. But most people are, are they not?

Edited by Polymerize

Wow this guy is so full of himself. We might learn something? Higher than we can fathom? :rolleyes: I think you're the one who needs to learn something, a lesson in humility. You're not even that good. I wouldn't have mentioned that if it weren't for your arrogance. Edited by PoliteAssasin

Wow this guy is so full of himself. We might learn something? Higher than we can fathom? :rolleyes: I think you're the one who needs to learn something, a lesson in humility. You're not even that good. I wouldn't have mentioned that if it weren't for your arrogance.

I'm sorry, were you expecting any of the following?

EPIC 1v1's

long drawn out 7v7's at middle

button pushing

killing blows

node guarding

epic dps rotations

large critical hits

more button pushing

Sorry, bro. But if you are watching my gameplay and your brain is NOT working; as in you just want to sit back and watch a video just like you would the TV, you're not going to get anything out of my videos. If you are trying to put yourself in my head while I'm playing, then you might learn and see something that you never have thought about. I will dispel any questions in the future with captions in the video and voice commentary.

Good job with the tool bag simple minded feedback I'm sure there will be plenty more to follow.

I looked at the Novare Coast vid, and it looked like pretty good map control to me. Despite the fact that your character was rocked early on (by what, like five enemy at the south?), you kept them from taking that node for a good bit of time. I think I would have gone down in about six seconds if I was in your shoes!

I saw you rolling command after command on the chat, which was effective in reigning the team in and coordinating defense once your team had the W-E nodes. A lot of stalling enemy players in transition to keep them from coordinating an assault, which is critical when trying to hold the off-side node given how long it takes to get there after a respawn. I LOL'd when you snagged that stealth enemy Shadow that was slipping by you headed to the western node.

The video didn't include the conclusion, but I assume your team won? I'm curious as to whether the other team managed to pry one of those two nodes away at all, or if you guys basically shut them down from there on out.

----

Edit - watched Voidstar. I was impressed by the court awareness on guarding those two doors. There was a lot of frustration flying around there, yet your team never even let them have a hope of arming the bomb despite the fact that 4-5 of your players kept dropping like flies.

Edited by -Wes-

hehe

Sup man. I've grouped with you a few times, grats on yer vid.

I only had time to watch the first 2 mins and 10 seconds that it took for you and yours to cap east. (Novarre coast).

Nice video quality. Liked the opening tune. Will have to get around to finishing the rest of it someday.

I'm sorry, were you expecting any of the following?

EPIC 1v1's

long drawn out 7v7's at middle

button pushing

killing blows

node guarding

epic dps rotations

large critical hits

more button pushing

Sorry, bro. But if you are watching my gameplay and your brain is NOT working; as in you just want to sit back and watch a video just like you would the TV, you're not going to get anything out of my videos. If you are trying to put yourself in my head while I'm playing, then you might learn and see something that you never have thought about. I will dispel any questions in the future with captions in the video and voice commentary.

Good job with the tool bag simple minded feedback I'm sure there will be plenty more to follow.

For someone with a bloated ego such as yourself, I'd have expected better comprehension. Might want to check you own brain functions before commenting on mine. The contents of the video were not the main focus of my initial comment, (even mentioned that) your arrogance was and you have yet again demonstrated no shortage in that with your response.

For someone with a bloated ego such as yourself, I'd have expected better comprehension. Might want to check you own brain functions before commenting on mine. The contents of the video were not the main focus of my initial comment, (even mentioned that) your arrogance was and you have yet again demonstrated no shortage in that with your response.

Thanks, but I would rather not argue semantics. I'm not interested in discussing what you think of my attitude or presentation of this material. If you want to discuss what these videos are displaying I would be more than obliged.

No hard feelings. I know I come across as condescending and I apologize, don't take it personally.

hehe

Sup man. I've grouped with you a few times, grats on yer vid.

I only had time to watch the first 2 mins and 10 seconds that it took for you and yours to cap east. (Novarre coast).

Nice video quality. Liked the opening tune. Will have to get around to finishing the rest of it someday.

Fa sho man! If you play on POT5 go ahead and add me. I primarily solo Q unless Depreva and Doser are online. Let me know what you think of the vids, appreciate it.

I looked at the Novare Coast vid, and it looked like pretty good map control to me. Despite the fact that your character was rocked early on (by what, like five enemy at the south?), you kept them from taking that node for a good bit of time. I think I would have gone down in about six seconds if I was in your shoes!

I saw you rolling command after command on the chat, which was effective in reigning the team in and coordinating defense once your team had the W-E nodes. A lot of stalling enemy players in transition to keep them from coordinating an assault, which is critical when trying to hold the off-side node given how long it takes to get there after a respawn. I LOL'd when you snagged that stealth enemy Shadow that was slipping by you headed to the western node.

The video didn't include the conclusion, but I assume your team won? I'm curious as to whether the other team managed to pry one of those two nodes away at all, or if you guys basically shut them down from there on out.

----

Edit - watched Voidstar. I was impressed by the court awareness on guarding those two doors. There was a lot of frustration flying around there, yet your team never even let them have a hope of arming the bomb despite the fact that 4-5 of your players kept dropping like flies.

Great feedback. I love you. <3 :p

All the games I put up went to the end; except the huttball and it ended with about 20 seconds left or so. We did win that game that you're talking about.

I try to communicate during the entire match. There are a lot of things going on in my mind, but communication is essential! If I were playing with a team where everyone know exactly what to do, I could probably perform some other roles better. But PUG'd matches in particular, I try to manipulate the course of the match. I know how to navigate and control the map according and how many of my teammates are at X-Y-Z and how many enemies are at X-Y-Z.

If you were in a game and I asked you to close your eyes and tell me how many teammates you have a south, and how many enemies are at west; you should be able to tell me. Seems like ez-mode, but this skill is a big contributor to awareness. You should have a general idea of the placement of everyone on the entire map.

---

& yes that voidstar was pretty wild. Kruth did a really good job that game. I ended up with like 200k damage though; so I suck, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Polymerize

Thanks, but I would rather not argue semantics. I'm not interested in discussing what you think of my attitude or presentation of this material. If you want to discuss what these videos are displaying I would be more than obliged.

No hard feelings. I know I come across as condescending and I apologize, don't take it personally.

I don't take it personally at all, but considering you seem to be trying to help people you might to take a different approach other than condescension. Presentation is just as important as the material. How you conduct yourself influences how others you're trying to help perceive you.

I don't take it personally at all, but considering you seem to be trying to help people you might to take a different approach other than condescension. Presentation is just as important as the material. How you conduct yourself influences how others you're trying to help perceive you.

Agreed. Duly noted.

Fa sho man! If you play on POT5 go ahead and add me. I primarily solo Q unless Depreva and Doser are online. Let me know what you think of the vids, appreciate it.

I, did state that I grouped with you a few times, meaning I do play on pot5,, and I turned your vid off at 2:10. I did like the tunes tho. Geuss My awareness is on par.

I, did state that I grouped with you a few times, meaning I do play on pot5,, and I turned your vid off at 2:10. I did like the tunes tho. Geuss My awareness is on par.

Yeah I hear you man. I have toons on multiple servers that's why I wanted you to verify. Add me and we'll run some games. And thanks haha.

Very nice vids! Smart play > than big numbers always. Stalling and interference between nodes is essential to being successful in pvp. It's nice to see videos promoting this instead of face rolling at south or mid.

Being pesky is a sin's/ shadow's biggest strength. Love the way you play it.

Very nice vids! Smart play > than big numbers always. Stalling and interference between nodes is essential to being successful in pvp. It's nice to see videos promoting this instead of face rolling at south or mid.

Being pesky is a sin's/ shadow's biggest strength. Love the way you play it.

I know, right? People don't even know what smart play is though.. Thanks for recognizing.

Edited by Polymerize