75k to 300k...

Mcfondles

So when talking about medals.. What is with the huge healing/damage gap from 75k to 300k?! I usually get around 150k - 200k healing done... So I don't get any more medals than a dps sorcerer who healed himself a total of 75k during the match...?

Why isn't there one for 200k healing done? Or whatever increments you think sound right.. Just to me the gap from 75k to 300k just doesn't seem right.

Edited by Mcfondles

Ya no ****... thats why I stopped healing more than 75K in a match unless I need to win it or the team is really good and I have fun supporting them.

Bioware is making us play the game wrong, but hey its their game.

Just heal your 75K and then go and do damage for the rest of the game, thats what i do. Oh yeah and dont forget your 5K healing medal of course, should only take 15 secs to get that one.

That way I usually get up to 8 easy medals as a "healer".

300k shouldn't be too tough for a full heal spec (my record is 650k, which I've hit in voidstar and huttball). I do agree that the medal system needs some work because it promotes behavior just like what you describe that is likely not the best for the team.

So when talking about medals.. What is with the huge healing/damage gap from 75k to 300k?! I usually get around 150k - 200k healing done... So I don't get any more medals than a dps sorcerer who healed himself a total of 75k during the match...?

Why isn't there one for 200k healing done? Or whatever increments you think sound right.. Just to me the gap from 75k to 300k just doesn't seem right.

I would assume it's for the DPS to be able to sneak out a 75 healing and vise versa. There is no harm in it. The real question is why aren't you consistently getting 300k healing? Assuming you aren't wearing greens there is no real reason to not have 300k healing over half of your matches (and all of Voidstars)

300k shouldn't be too tough for a full heal spec (my record is 650k, which I've hit in voidstar and huttball). I do agree that the medal system needs some work because it promotes behavior just like what you describe that is likely not the best for the team.

if people need a medal that gives them almost no bonus to play their role, then they should probably just stop pvping

i never go, oh i hit 300k damage, im just going to throw up a guard and start taunting for the rest of the game. or oh, i hit 300k damage, i'm just going to stand behind this box and heal myself while putting on and off my clothes for the rest of the game. while we lose.

HEY GUYS I GOT MY LOOT OFF THE FIRST BOSS IM GOING TO DPS NOW SO I CAN ROLL ON DPS SET OK FIND ANOTHER HEALER

news flash. even when you're full battlemaster, if you're not close to 300k now, you'll never be. I was doing 300k by the time I had half my champion stuff and the rest level 40 pvp reward items. finalizing your champ set might get you another 50k average. finalizing your bm set is going to do practically nothing.

Edited by bicuspid

I think the Protection equivalent is probably too low. I actually think most of the Protection equivalents are too low. I think 10k Protection in 1 Life and 20k Protection in one life are more suitable, as is 7,500 Protection total and 100k Protection total. It's not hard to wrack up ridiculous Protection numbers if you spam taunt.

This is an old argument and I believe Bioware has begun to listen to their player base on it. If I am not mistaken the medal requirements are going to be changing with the next big PVP patch coming in the next couple of months.

I do feel the OP's pain. As a full healer myself, there are many matches I play where I struggle to hit the 300k mark. What the designers failed to realize initially is that healers tend to be on the receiving end of cc and interupts. I have died more than a few times in warzones because I was stunned back to back and as soon as I got full resolve I had every single one of my heals interrupted and put on cool down.

Then add in the line of sight issues and over all time it takes to manually click on a target as the "tab" system isn't designed for healing.

Yes, do over 200k healing in a match where you literally healed your *** off and you walk away with like 4 medals and maybe one MVP.

The changes coming in April / May can't come fast enough.

This is an old argument and I believe Bioware has begun to listen to their player base on it. If I am not mistaken the medal requirements are going to be changing with the next big PVP patch coming in the next couple of months.

I do feel the OP's pain. As a full healer myself, there are many matches I play where I struggle to hit the 300k mark. What the designers failed to realize initially is that healers tend to be on the receiving end of cc and interupts. I have died more than a few times in warzones because I was stunned back to back and as soon as I got full resolve I had every single one of my heals interrupted and put on cool down.

Then add in the line of sight issues and over all time it takes to manually click on a target as the "tab" system isn't designed for healing.

Yes, do over 200k healing in a match where you literally healed your *** off and you walk away with like 4 medals and maybe one MVP.

The changes coming in April / May can't come fast enough.

look at yourself. i run a premade with a healer, whom receives virtually no protection on our end other than taunts/intercedes when they're up. most imps we play, and all the decent imp premades, know he heals and are on his *** like white on bread as soon as they see us. he knows how to line of sight, he knows when to use his knockback and speed bursts, he knows how to kite, and he has NEVER gotten less than 300k healing ever since he got rid of his greens. and he dies probably 10 times a game because we don't do anything special for him usually and everyone knows he's a healer

all the healers in this game have at least as many tools as healers have in other games, if not more.

you can mitigate half the ccs and damage thrown at you from line of sighting. if you're just standing there healing in the open of course they're going to blow you up. I wouldn't even guard someone doing that, its just a waste of my hp.

Edited by bicuspid

To hit those numbers one of two things have to happen.

1. The opposing team is full of inexperienced players and all but ignored the healer(s) on your team.

2. Your team has to be healer heavy and the opposing team simply can't shut all of you down.

Run as the only healer in a match and you will be completely shut down. I have played entire matches where I spend the match healing and running just to keep myself alive. The opposing team sends two players who soul purpose in the match is to keep the healer (me) out of it. Is this because I am some mega god healer? No, far from it. But no healer or a busy healer means nobody else on the team is being healed. That means they drop like flies or stop playing aggressively so they don't die at all.

look at yourself. i run a premade with a healer, whom receives virtually no protection on our end other than taunts/intercedes when they're up. most imps we play, and all the decent imp premades, know he heals and are on his *** like white on bread as soon as they see us. he knows how to line of sight, he knows how to use his knockback and speed bursts, he knows how to kite, and he has NEVER gotten less than 300k healing ever since he got rid of his greens. and like i said he dies probably 10 times a game because we don't do anything special for him usually and everyone knows he's a healer

all the healers in this game have at least as many tools as healers have in other games, if not more.

But that takes effort, which most lack when they come to whine on the pvp forums.

1. The opposing team is full of inexperienced players and all but ignored the healer(s) on your team.

2. Your team has to be healer heavy and the opposing team simply can't shut all of you down.

Run as the only healer in a match and you will be completely shut down. I have played entire matches where I spend the match healing and running just to keep myself alive. The opposing team sends two players who soul purpose in the match is to keep the healer (me) out of it. Is this because I am some mega god healer? No, far from it. But no healer or a busy healer means nobody else on the team is being healed. That means they drop like flies or stop playing aggressively so they don't die at all.

So bad teammates combined with you not knowing how to kite means the medal system is broken?

Ya no ****... thats why I stopped healing more than 75K in a match unless I need to win it or the team is really good and I have fun supporting them.

Bioware is making us play the game wrong, but hey its their game.

Just heal your 75K and then go and do damage for the rest of the game, thats what i do. Oh yeah and dont forget your 5K healing medal of course, should only take 15 secs to get that one.

That way I usually get up to 8 easy medals as a "healer".

Lol I get 300K healing and average 8 medals as a "healer" because medals are a joke in this game.

if you're having problems getting 300k heals or dps at 50, with gear, then you're bad

This isn't really entirely true, getting those medals relies on other peoples' performances too. For example, for me to be able to do that much DPS I need both sides to have a couple of competent healers so that the majority of the warzone is spent actually engaged in combat rather than either respawning or waiting for the other side to respawn and attack again. It also needs the Warzones to run close to full length, quick wins where the other side half gives up before things are officially over also won't yield good numbers

Then again, I'm usually running a hybrid build that still usually gets 150-250k of each so...

Anyway, with regards to the original suggest I think that adding something between 75k and 300k wouldn't be a bad idea although to be honest it's more of an issue that certain classes have access to all the medals which makes the gulf between them and the other classes even wider as they gear up more quickly and are always top of the medal table.

I think the Protection equivalent is probably too low. I actually think most of the Protection equivalents are too low. I think 10k Protection in 1 Life and 20k Protection in one life are more suitable, as is 7,500 Protection total and 100k Protection total. It's not hard to wrack up ridiculous Protection numbers if you spam taunt.

I somewhat agree, but people still don't really do it. Maybe it's to encourage people to use their tanking abilities.

You're right to an extent, but my biggest healing games are solo healing 15 minute voidstars. In a game like that, it's very common for me to hit 800k+ heals. Even when i'm being focused down, you can still put out huge numbers. My largest game at 950k i had someone do 800k dps, a juggernaut to be specific, and he was on my *** the entire game.

I dont know which class you play, but i can easily keep 1 to 2 people off me, in voidstar atleast, and still heal the whole team. I wouldn't say learn to play, because i'm sure youre a good player, but possibly learn to pillar hump better :o

look at yourself. i run a premade with a healer, whom receives virtually no protection on our end other than taunts/intercedes when they're up. most imps we play, and all the decent imp premades, know he heals and are on his *** like white on bread as soon as they see us. he knows how to line of sight, he knows how to use his knockback and speed bursts, he knows how to kite, and he has NEVER gotten less than 300k healing ever since he got rid of his greens. and like i said he dies probably 10 times a game because we don't do anything special for him usually and everyone knows he's a healer

Speed burst? Kiting?

I play as a Merc Healer. I can't kite because I have to be stationary to heal. I have no speed burst. My only escape is a single knockback (that does limited damage and does nothing to prevent range attacks), a short stun, and a bubble that reduces my damage for 25% for 12 secs.

When I take damage my movement is slowed. When I am healing my movement is slowed because the people I heal are in combat so thus so am I. Once a range player has me in their sights there is nothing I can do to get out of trouble but break line of sight. And odds are once on me, the player or players who are attacking me continue to do so.

Merc healers are not sages / sorcerors. They were given heavy armor and thus were deny access to a number of escape tools that the lighter armor classes were given. The Mercs are stationary healers. Because they were given heavy armor, they are expected to be able to take a few hits. Unfortunately, that works well in PVE, but doesn't work so well against burst damage classes.

Since you didn't even bother to ask which healer class I play, how about you roll a Merc Healer and then get back to me. Maybe then we can have an adult conversation without you making false assumptions.

Speed burst? Kiting?

I play as a Merc Healer. I can't kite because I have to be stationary to heal. I have no speed burst. My only escape is a single knockback (that does limited damage and does nothing to prevent range attacks), a short stun, and a bubble that reduces my damage for 25% for 12 secs.

When I take damage my movement is slowed. When I am healing my movement is slowed because the people I heal are in combat so thus so am I. Once a range player has me in their sights there is nothing I can do to get out of trouble but break line of sight. And odds are once on me, the player or players who are attacking me continue to do so.

Merc healers are not sages / sorcerors. They were given heavy armor and thus were deny access to a number of escape tools that the lighter armor classes were given. The Mercs are stationary healers. Because they were given heavy armor, they are expected to be able to take a few hits. Unfortunately, that works well in PVE, but doesn't work so well against burst damage classes.

Since you didn't even bother to ask which healer class I play, how about you roll a Merc Healer and then get back to me. Maybe then we can have an adult conversation without you making false assumptions.

Now see that makes sense, it's not easy healing as a merc/commando. But you would be surprised how much less damage you take than myself as a sage. My sentinel friend hits my other commando heals friend for 3300 with his biggest crit, that biggest crit on me is 4700. We're all fully geared, and thats a massive damage difference.

I'm level 25.. Who said anything about 50?

Hopefully when PvP changes hit, there will be a change to the medal system too.

It's ridiculous that a class can get more medals from guarding a healer, than a healer can get from genuinely healing everyone in an entire match.

It only feels like even more of an injustice at 50 btw.

I really hope you're low level. And not just sub 50...41 on is so easy to get 300k (unless guarding a node in the civil war) that it's ridiculous.

I was getting 300k long before I was able to get the 5k single heal medal, so it's not a matter of great gear either. Heck I spent a good chunk of my time at 50 as DPS and my first awesome after switching back to heals (at which point I had all centurion gear with two champ pieces...again not great gear) I put out 670k in voidstar.

What you should be asking for is medals for 500k and 750k. Or don't heal if you don't want to/aren't good at it.