About time.....

captindoom

It is about time this game has cross server queuing for wzs. If you bioware are worried about the duplicate names issue then auto append @servername to every charcter name when entering wzs to get around that issue. Also if you cant provide cross server queuing then give unlimited free transfers to subscribers so that we dont always have to face same people in wzs over and over again.

It is about time this game has cross server queuing for wzs. If you bioware are worried about the duplicate names issue then auto append @servername to every charcter name when entering wzs to get around that issue. Also if you cant provide cross server queuing then give unlimited free transfers to subscribers so that we dont always have to face same people in wzs over and over again.

When you read stuff such as this, you know for sure that the OP has no desire to be taken seriously.

When you read stuff such as this, you know for sure that the OP has no desire to be taken seriously.

Well the only way of facing other players on other servers is to transfer characters, dont see why we should pay for something that should really be a standard feature.

Well the only way of facing other players on other servers is to transfer characters, dont see why we should pay for something that should really be a standard feature.

Then I guess that I, a faithful subscriber ever since the game was released, should ask of Bioware to shower me with unlimited character transfers, after having endured a painful PUG.

Sounds fair to me... And logical.

Cross server queues doesn't fix anything though...the REAL reason for long queues is a dwindling population. Until that's addressed, cross server queues are a waste of time.

We're in the midst's of a severe content drought...and by that I mean Ops, WZ's, FPs that aren't "tactical", Story...they've neglected the things people played for, to add things people didn't (Arenas. GSF GSH). Rolling GSF and GSH out over 3 "updates" was a TERRIBLE decision.

So...as much as I'd like cross server queues, it does nothing to address the cause of the long queue times.

Cross server queues doesn't fix anything though...the REAL reason for long queues is a dwindling population. Until that's addressed, cross server queues are a waste of time.

We're in the midst's of a severe content drought...and by that I mean Ops, WZ's, FPs that aren't "tactical", Story...they've neglected the things people played for, to add things people didn't (Arenas. GSF GSH). Rolling GSF and GSH out over 3 "updates" was a TERRIBLE decision.

So...as much as I'd like cross server queues, it does nothing to address the cause of the long queue times.

That I do agree with.

Saying that people didn't ask for something such as Housing or GSF feels like an inaccuracy.

EDIT:

I surely didn't BTW but I don't claim to represent the existing player base.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yes, BioWare - majority of your players are PvPers!

I'm so glad you THINK you know me so well to assume I'm a PVPer. I infact don't PVP, have never done PVP in TOR, and have no intention of ever doing PVP in TOR.

Don't make statements like the "Majority of players are PVPers" if you can't back up said statement with hard evidence to prove it.

Edited by Anaesha

I'm so glad you THINK you know me so well to assume I'm a PVPer. I infact don't PVP, have never done PVP in TOR, and have no intention of ever doing PVP in TOR.

Don't make statements like the "Majority of players are PVPers" if you can't back up said statement with hard evidence to prove it.

Maybe they're right and you're in the minority. Maybe they're wrong. Who cares? Not one player posting here has enough of a clue to say for certain but it's apparent at least a lot PVP full-time, part-time, or whenever they feel like it.

The issue is what TUX said. Content is dragged out. It gives the appearance of plugging stuff in to meet cadence commitments whether it's substantial enough to keep bread and butter content lovers engaged or not. No I'm not complaining about housing or anything else instead of a new Op or PVP content. Rather, about the overall sense of things. It's super-casual time, including casual development.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Cross server wouldn't help much for PvE, but it would work great for PvP. For unranked, anyway. Just need bodies for WZs, no concern about role.

That being stated, I do not actually support the call for this. Too much effort for too little value.

Saying that people didn't ask for something such as Housing or GSF feels like an inaccuracy.

Careful...I didn't say people didn't ask FOR them, I said they weren't playing because of them (because they hadn't existed).

Cross server wouldn't help much for PvE, but it would work great for PvP. For unranked, anyway. Just need bodies for WZs, no concern about role.

That being stated, I do not actually support the call for this. Too much effort for too little value.

For how long though? Until the bleeding stops? It's a bandaid fix to the issue of diminishing players. Unless they address the reasons people are leaving, it's a temporary fix only.

Cross server cues for both PvP and PvE are a great idea. Unfortunately I doubt EA/Bioware's servers could handle the load, since they couldn't even handle the additional load from simply changing the GF cue from 8 to 16.

EA seems to be allocating less and less financial resources to this game, so I wouldn't expect any improvements that require additional resources.