Merc is TERRIBLE

Shredit

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we're possibly going to get something. In the future. Probably escape related.

Any guesses as to what that might be, and when? I don't want to let this thread die until we get something concrete.

it will be a magically ability. whenever you press the 5 key you will crash to desktop, thus escaping from your opponents!

+1 if anyone is still here that remembers that bug :cool:

600 posts and no dev replies. huh

Dude, there's been a reply on the other thread. You do realize that they can't and won't be replying to every thread that asks for a Dev reply. Suffice to say they know about the issue and we're all hoping that Mercs/Commandos get the much needed game mechanic adjustments that they need for PVP.

I hope that they actually do something positive with the merc. It's painful to enter war zones, knowing you're marked for death. And even worse when it happens, even though you expected it.

The jedi target me and I don't last long. I was utterly surprised when I ended up in a 1 vs. 1 in Voidstar against a jedi... I won. I left limping and with internal injuries, but I did win for once.

The current state of the merc is what makes me respect every bounty hunter that I see in War Hero armor. To suffer through all of that excruciating PVP to obtain it deserves a tip of the hat.

The jedi target me and I don't last long. I was utterly surprised when I ended up in a 1 vs. 1 in Voidstar against a jedi... I won. I left limping and with internal injuries, but I did win for once.

I absolutely destroy arsenal mercs and can't recall when I lost last time vs arsneal merc on even ground, but I lost against pyro mercs on several occasions(mostly in huttball) as a Jedi Guardian. Pyro tree can really kick in the balls in some situations and in good hands can do wonders.

I always feel I have an upper hand against merc no matter the build tho. I hope devs will do something with that.

I absolutely destroy arsenal mercs and can't recall when I lost last time vs arsneal merc on even ground, but I lost against pyro mercs on several occasions(mostly in huttball) as a Jedi Guardian. Pyro tree can really kick in the balls in some situations and in good hands can do wonders.

I always feel I have an upper hand against merc no matter the build tho. I hope devs will do something with that.

This is true on my deception assassin too. I can even burst down better geared commandos/mercs before they get me down to 50%. The healing spec usually prevents me from killing them fast when they pop the bubble with full resolve. I become resource starved trying to keep up with the healing. Both arsenal and pyro merc can absolutely destroy me though if I'm caught out of stealth and they are hiding in a crowd casting uninterrupted. That only happens once though unless their team is good at peeling.

This is true on my deception assassin too. I can even burst down better geared commandos/mercs before they get me down to 50%. The healing spec usually prevents me from killing them fast when they pop the bubble with full resolve. I become resource starved trying to keep up with the healing. Both arsenal and pyro merc can absolutely destroy me though if I'm caught out of stealth and they are hiding in a crowd casting uninterrupted. That only happens once though unless their team is good at peeling.

Hiding in a crowd is a bad idea with all the derpa-smashing.

Unfortunately, I've finally had enough. Enough of being cannon fodder. Enough of always placing in the bottom of the rankings in PVP. Enough of being the first targeted. And enough of dieing so fast that I can't do anything effective to help my team.

I'm shelving my Merc (level 50) until/unless the devs do something to improve us in PVP.

I feel like a bounty hunter god in PVE so there's no trouble there. But I'm an ineffective fish in PVP. I just don't have the tolerance and patience to grind out commendations by loss after loss and death after death to inch towards War Hero armor. It's no fun and I can't do it anymore.

The merc is my absolute favorite character and I hate to shelve her, but she's simply no good, effective, or fun in PVP.

Let's be honest here, most of the devs have been probably fired, and the remaining last ones are focused on the "F2P a.k.a. gimme some moneeeeeeey". They're probably waiting to see if f2p is a financial success before giving some work on classes or whatever.

This game is so much fail, why did it have Star Wars on it, wish I could move from it.

Unfortunately, I've finally had enough. Enough of being cannon fodder. Enough of always placing in the bottom of the rankings in PVP. Enough of being the first targeted. And enough of dieing so fast that I can't do anything effective to help my team.

I'm shelving my Merc (level 50) until/unless the devs do something to improve us in PVP.

I feel like a bounty hunter god in PVE so there's no trouble there. But I'm an ineffective fish in PVP. I just don't have the tolerance and patience to grind out commendations by loss after loss and death after death to inch towards War Hero armor. It's no fun and I can't do it anymore.

The merc is my absolute favorite character and I hate to shelve her, but she's simply no good, effective, or fun in PVP.

Dont give up on it... i still PVP with my Merc every day.. I try to play smart and better each day...

Indeed. The merc is still terrible.

Something is woefully wrong when war zones leave me swearing despite my best efforts. I don't mind being attacked. I don't mind dieing. Until I find that I am always under attack and that I spend most of a war zone in the re-spawn area than out on the field.

In the end, my merc's only real contribution to the team was on guard duty (usually alone). I'd sit there, watching and waiting. When I'd see in-comings, I'd call them out for the team. I knew that I'd be dead as soon as they reached me so I focused on warning my team rather than trying to put up a fight. After all, why fight when you're already dead?

Dont give up on it... i still PVP with my Merc every day.. I try to play smart and better each day...

No, thx... well geared glowstickers tear my commando in 5-10 seconds if my RS on CD. I like when it's tough but THIS is too much for me. Gunslinger is my choice while BW is trying to create smth balanced in this game.

No, thx... well geared glowstickers tear my commando in 5-10 seconds if my RS on CD. I like when it's tough but THIS is too much for me. Gunslinger is my choice while BW is trying to create smth balanced in this game.

i like it tough too :) but i love being the underdog and coming out on top. Not saying merc doesnt need a fix but its not as bad as some people make out.

I still have fun with mine.

i like it tough too :) but i love being the underdog and coming out on top. Not saying merc doesnt need a fix but its not as bad as some people make out.

I still have fun with mine.

Oh, i don't know mate, it's too much for me when a marauder smashes me in seconds. Yesterday i killed one face to face you know, but it turned out that his CDs were reloading. HIs revange was butthurting :mad: I wish i never played my gunslinger who feels just great having only 2 pieces of WH gear. After playing him i just can't make myself play the mando again. In a weak or two i try again but then just switch off the game and leave in anger. I simply missunderstand WHY the class is SOOO weak and underarsenaled. Has no saves, no burst, no specific skills like the defending field in GS version. I don't mean the field exactly must be among the skills but something like this. Something that make other classes say "damn, i hate this troopers skill, it's fu***ing annoying!" Tech override is out of the question. This shi* is useful only with plasmanade. This is not the skill that makes hurt or save your team. The most curious thing is that i have the same keybinds with my commando and gunslinger. You know like burst buttons, save buttons, cc buttons etc. Commando's panel is half empty! I just don't have the skills to fill these gaps you know... Ridiculous ffs, RIDICULOUS BW!!!

Oh, i don't know mate, it's too much for me when a marauder smashes me in seconds. Yesterday i killed one face to face you know, but it turned out that his CDs were reloading. HIs revange was butthurting :mad: I wish i never played my gunslinger who feels just great having only 2 pieces of WH gear. After playing him i just can't make myself play the mando again. In a weak or two i try again but then just switch off the game and leave in anger. I simply missunderstand WHY the class is SOOO weak and underarsenaled. Has no saves, no burst, no specific skills like the defending field in GS version. I don't mean the field exactly must be among the skills but something like this. Something that make other classes say "damn, i hate this troopers skill, it's fu***ing annoying!" Tech override is out of the question. This shi* is useful only with plasmanade. This is not the skill that makes hurt or save your team. The most curious thing is that i have the same keybinds with my commando and gunslinger. You know like burst buttons, save buttons, cc buttons etc. Commando's panel is half empty! I just don't have the skills to fill these gaps you know... Ridiculous ffs, RIDICULOUS BW!!!

Ive never said the class is perfect, i just said that i play it well. Ill find a screen shot and and you have have a look at my binds. mainly i use 1 -4 and shift 1 -4, E for my knock back and 6 binds on my Naga mouse.

I go out in pugs and rated ( what passes for rated on our server) and my games stats are up there with the rest of the classes. Yes i can get my butt handed to me by some good players but i can also do the same to others.