Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

The fact is, we've been hearing that something will be done for about 8 or 9 months now and people are sick of waiting. Never any details. Never anything to give people a reason to expect things will actually change.

Eh man Eric just said he will tell us next week the details of our fix. Look back a few pages.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think a good portion of GD will be happy to hear this as currently any competitive pvp on our server is non-existant not to mention a big lack in any form of progression operations. I hope to god we get a merge might put the life back into the game for APAC

I'll be re-rolling if it's a mass merger, there is just no way I will continue to play with some people if I can help it. Or just another unsub... but hey who really cares

Hey everyone!

I have an update of sorts, or at least an update on an update. As many of you will likely read in Jeff’s State of the Game blog we are actively working on a plan for the APAC servers. I know this is something we have said to you a couple of times and what you are really looking for are the details. I don’t have those for you yet today, but, I will definitely have them for you next week. I am even confident in saying that you will have them earlier in the week as opposed to later.

I know it isn’t the details you wanted just yet but we are finalizing them now and you can look for them next week! I really appreciate you all continuing to be patient with us.

-eric

Well, this is awesome news. Thanks Eric!

A time-frame for a decision, at last. And after that, hopefully another nice, short time-frame for actually implementing a solution. Whatever your decision is, at least we will be able to plan ahead now.

Hey everyone!

I have an update of sorts, or at least an update on an update. As many of you will likely read in Jeff’s State of the Game blog we are actively working on a plan for the APAC servers. I know this is something we have said to you a couple of times and what you are really looking for are the details. I don’t have those for you yet today, but, I will definitely have them for you next week. I am even confident in saying that you will have them earlier in the week as opposed to later.

I know it isn’t the details you wanted just yet but we are finalizing them now and you can look for them next week! I really appreciate you all continuing to be patient with us.

-eric

Thank you, Eric. this is the type of clarity in dialog we have been after for such a long time.. It is appreciated.

Well, this is awesome news. Thanks Eric!

A time-frame for a decision, at last. And after that, hopefully another nice, short time-frame for actually implementing a solution. Whatever your decision is, at least we will be able to plan ahead now.

Absolutely cannot believe these types of reaction posts. They throw us a bone after 8 months of nothing, false promises, or shall I say lies, and with word that we will get some kind of statement next week, and we're all gleefully on our knees in joy.

Seriously. No wonder EA has not done anything for APAC for so long, when it's so easy to appease you and be forgiven.

It's like a cheating boyfriend telling his girlfriend, "OK I'm going to stop cheating on you now" and she's all like "oh my God THANK YOU let me now get on my knees and even if you want to dump me afterwards at least I can plan ahead oh joy!"

Edited by iheartnyc

To be honest, if they turn around and say they are waiting till after 2.0 to see how the population is affected I'm un-subbing sooo quickly!

They say they care about us but they ALWAYS seem to have maintenance in a time frame that screws us over. It just seems that we are an annoying after thought, like realising that mosquito that bit you makes you itchy.

They say they care about us but they ALWAYS seem to have maintenance in a time frame that screws us over. It just seems that we are an annoying after thought, like realising that mosquito that bit you makes you itchy.

You should play WoW. The oceanic community have been bumping threads asking for a server in our region for years without a single reply :p

Edited by Amlici

WTH is this thread doing on page 10?! I know we're getting an announcement on the fix next week but that does not mean we should let it slide as far as page 10!
that's their solution...move this thread as far back as possible

The solution may be Cross Server PVP/Flashpoints...this would keep the servers separate yet still address the issue of not being able to group due to the individual server populations.

I can see the APAC servers being the test bed for this to be rolled out across all servers in America and Europe as well.

We will be Bioware's guinea pigs as we were with server transfers...

The solution may be Cross Server PVP/Flashpoints...this would keep the servers separate yet still address the issue of not being able to group due to the individual server populations.

We can only speculate until we get an official announcement but it's not going to be anything too extravagant as Jeff Hickman has already said "we are actively looking into solutions that make the most sense given our current tech and should have an announcement soon".

I can see the APAC servers being the test bed for this to be rolled out across all servers in America and Europe as well.

We will be Bioware's guinea pigs as we were with server transfers...

What's the point in having low ping APAC servers if your going to have cross server PVP/Flashpoints with US servers?

There isn't enough players across all APAC servers to warrant this. Just merge them with the US servers and be done with it.

If they announce character transfers paid or free I'm off the APAC servers the game isn't engrossing when there is bugger all players in zones. Feels like SWG all over again after CU.

What's the point in having low ping APAC servers if your going to have cross server PVP/Flashpoints with US servers?

There isn't enough players across all APAC servers to warrant this. Just merge them with the US servers and be done with it.

If they announce character transfers paid or free I'm off the APAC servers the game isn't engrossing when there is bugger all players in zones. Feels like SWG all over again after CU.

We would not be crossed over with the US or European servers...and how do you know that there still would not be enough people on all 3 servers to make a difference?

One of the solutions people are putting forward is to merge our 3 servers into 1...cross server warzones and flashpoints would accomplish the same thing without the need to merge the servers and it is something Bioware has said at multiple times is something they would like to do.

This is just speculation...but I for one am NOT looking forward to loosing all my character names for a 3rd time...which would be a certainty if we are merged with any other servers.

We can only speculate until we get an official announcement but it's not going to be anything too extravagant as Jeff Hickman has already said "we are actively looking into solutions that make the most sense given our current tech and should have an announcement soon".

If he's talking about their "current tech" in Australia, does that mean we won't get a super/mega/high-pop server? :(

And still you believe that we all want to be transfered to a US server,talk to yourself please ;)

all i want is transfer my character to a EUROPEAN server,and i'm not the only one in this for sure.

so give us the option to move in one of the two areas,but don't force us to go in a server we don't want to be.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

I'd prefer and hope they merge to Dalbora. I've grown accustomed to our tight knit community on master D but be nice to see fresh new faces. And hope they allow transfer FROM US/EU to the new APAC server; if it happens to say the least.

Allowing transfers off APAC if there's a new super server might just hurt the community more, so many will just abandon.

One of the solutions people are putting forward is to merge our 3 servers into 1...cross server warzones and flashpoints would accomplish the same thing without the need to merge the servers and it is something Bioware has said at multiple times is something they would like to do.

Low populations have more issues than just warzones and flashpoints popping.

There's also grouping on planets for heroic missions and the Galactic market economy. Cross server instances doesn't help with these.

This is just speculation...but I for one am NOT looking forward to loosing all my character names for a 3rd time...which would be a certainty if we are merged with any other servers.

I'd be hoping for a server merge where names are kept for the oldest character/legacy.

If he's talking about their "current tech" in Australia, does that mean we won't get a super/mega/high-pop server? :(

I'm not sure but they already have the tech to merge servers so that is 'current tech'. It also makes the most sense.

Low populations have more issues than just warzones and flashpoints popping.

There's also grouping on planets for heroic missions and the Galactic market economy. Cross server instances doesn't help with these.

I'd be hoping for a server merge where names are kept for the oldest character/legacy.

People keep talking about a merge, but I just cant see that happening. If they were 3 pve servers, sure, and I'd bet real money it would of already happened months ago.

Sure there's a few people in this thread that said they would be ok with that, but that's not how the world works.

There is only 1 option to keep the majority happy, and that's to give everyone transfer tokens to move to where they wish to. Those who wish to remain on a RP or PVP server type, can go to one of those server in the EU or US, and those that don't want to forgo a low ping can go to Dalborra.