Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to fix the bucketloads of outstanding bugs, some of which have been around since 1.4 or earlier, before releasing new content which creates even more bugs. Besides the many known issues, there are many that you either have not acknowledged or are unaware of:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5728690#post5728690

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583611

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

So, let me get this straight: Your answer to requests for more robust open-world PvP and more dynamic events is to attempt to force people to go to the Western Shelf of Ium so the PvE crowd who wants to do the event can get endlessly ganked by the PvP set who would otherwise continue to ignore the place? Because the ganking in the Rakghoul plague went over so well...

Unless the rewards are all PvP-oriented, this is a fail from my perspective. I absolutely do not want to be forced to PvP. While I can't imagine why ganking is so amusing to the PvPers who do it, it's not at all amusing to me. If, however, this is meant to be a PvP-only event, I can just skip it.

So, let me get this straight: Your answer to requests for more robust open-world PvP and more dynamic events is to attempt to force people to go to the Western Shelf of Ium so the PvE crowd who wants to do the event can get endlessly ganked by the PvP set who would otherwise continue to ignore the place? Because the ganking in the Rakghoul plague went over so well...

Unless the rewards are all PvP-oriented, this is a fail from my perspective. I absolutely do not want to be forced to PvP. While I can't imagine why ganking is so amusing to the PvPers who do it, it's not at all amusing to me. If, however, this is meant to be a PvP-only event, I can just skip it.

I assume that the Gree thing is going to be part of the much-talked about "Ilum revamp".

To my knowledge, Bioware's never said it was going to be a PvP revamp. I expect all PvP stuff on the western half of Ilum will just be removed outright.

Looking forward to this event, had so much fun with the open world PvP during the Rakghoul event, hope this will have the same vibe. But I guess this will be then just for level 50 chacaters? I mean plenty of the F2P members might have a character of that level yet and that would exclude them somehow (even more than the lock on event gear would do).

Anyway, also I like that we get a reputation system. Would like to see a new daily quest chain on Voss, not just the heroics that are already there to do for the reputation. Also will it be possible to get reputation by doing warzones (I mean we never got social points for doing that, so how about some reputation points, maybe per MVP).

I assume that the Gree thing is going to be part of the much-talked about "Ilum revamp".

To my knowledge, Bioware's never said it was going to be a PvP revamp. I expect all PvP stuff on the western half of Ilum will just be removed outright.

• It refers specifically to the contested area in the Western Ice Shelf.
    It comes on the heels of Jeff Hickman talking to 'some interesting changes to a special PvP area' as well as the Gree, and alluding to changes to the Western Shelf of Ilum in the same State of the Game blog.

It's PvP all right. The question is whether there are PvE objectives in there.

IM really exited about this event

want so see a lot of people on this event

but the problem is that the character transfer is not back yet

TBH im still on an US server then a EU server

Im willing to pay just to transfer my char. im tired of never doing ops or doing late night, early WZ's

• It refers specifically to the contested area in the Western Ice Shelf.
    It comes on the heels of Jeff Hickman talking to 'some interesting changes to a special PvP area' as well as the Gree, and alluding to changes to the Western Shelf of Ilum in the same State of the Game blog.

It's PvP all right. The question is whether there are PvE objectives in there.

Man I hope so. I almost never PVP mostly because I don't enjoy running warzones over and over but if there was some kind of objective... IE holding this position opens up the area boss or something like that then I would be down for that.

To your earlier question of why they like to gank, because you hate it. Some people want to watch the world burn, that's never going to change.

Maybe wait and see how it works.... :jawa_redface:

PVE Server = solved.

Unlikely. As far as I know, Legacy wasn't so it makes sense that this would fall in the same category, but I would love for BioWare to prove me wrong on this. I have so many alts...

Actually technically speaking Legacy was retroactive. The system to gain legacy experience was there on day 1. You could just not do anything with it at the time.

So comparing the 2 would not be good. Unless this is something Bioware has been planning on and held all this data in the background. I doubt this will be retroactive unless a simple script could get the necessary data from all of the other data it is on your characters.

No, Ilum's Western Shelf is like the Outlaw's den - flagging happens when you enter, even on PvE servers. So if I have to go in there, I will be flagged. And then ganked.

Then don't go there. Or better yet, don't go there alone.

No, Ilum's Western Shelf is like the Outlaw's den - flagging happens when you enter, even on PvE servers. So if I have to go in there, I will be flagged. And then ganked.

Feel free not to participate.

I, on the other hand, will be.

However, unlike the Outlaw's Den, you cannot be attacked by Players of your own side.

Actually technically speaking Legacy was retroactive. The system to gain legacy experience was there on day 1. You could just not do anything with it at the time.

Really? I don't remember that at all. Then again, my memory isn't the best on things like that. Thanks for the info!