Did tanking just break?

MasterFeign

I'm getting hit like 3-5k in WZs, and I don't recall that ever happening...

I mean I'm wearing full war hero gear and I made sure to check I was in dark charge, but it would seem that vanguards/powertechs and dps shadows/assassins are suddenly hitting me particularly hard. Are they just outgearing me with Elite war hero weapons and mods or am I missing something?

PT/Vanguard on the pyro tree uses nearly all elemental damage + have 90% armor penetration on railshot. So their attack efficiently ignore your armor.

Same for deception/ infiltration shadow sin who uses lots of internal.

Massive railshots always were doable to a stimmed Pyro PT, no news there.

Same for deception/ infiltration shadow sin who uses lots of internal.

You must be mistaking with Madness/Balance.

About getting 3-5K hits, it's not rare I'm being hit for 3.6K smashes on my Shadow while specced in Infiltration... and before being said it's normal because I'm not in tank spec, I have to underline that my damage reduction is 31% while tanks only rise up to 37% and unlike them I have an additional 30% damage reduction on AoE, so a 3.6K smash for me means roughly a 4.5K for a Tank Assassin/Shadow.

Edited by Altheran

About getting 3-5K hits, it's not rare I'm being hit for 3.6K smashes on my Shadow while specced in Infiltration... and before being said it's normal because I'm not in tank spec, I have to underline that my damage reduction is 31% while tanks only rise up to 37% and unlike them I have an additional 30% damage reduction on AoE, so a 3.6K smash for me means roughly a 4.5K for a Tank Assassin/Shadow.

I'll confirm your math, because I've been hit for 4.5k smash. I then turn around and beat the crap out of the guy, but he does get his hit in.

Deception's discharge is also internal, but true maul does not ignore armor anymore.

Charge mastery does give your kinetic/energy a passive AP of 9%.

Also infiltration/deception technique causes internal damage on 25% chance with hits so yeah they do plenty internal damage as well.

It has been negelected on purpose, this is only a little bit of the whole DPS, which excluding Force Breach/Discharge that I forgot, is full kinetic/energetic damage. And I'd also mention that the hits from technique and charge are low (hits as hard as a DoT) while the thread was about high damage spikes in the 3-5K range that why I thought he was speaking about Force in Balance and Death Field.

Edited by Altheran

It has been negelected on purpose, this is only a little bit of the whole DPS, which excluding Force Breach/Discharge that I forgot, is full kinetic/energetic damage. And I'd also mention that the hits from technique and charge are low (hits as hard as a DoT) while the thread was about high damage spikes in the 3-5K range that why I thought he was speaking about Force in Balance and Death Field.

Well if you only consider burst then I suppose but I play infiltration with use of Battle Readiness which makes the technique damage double so looking at 800 plus internal per damaging hit on 25% chance. Two hit attacks like clairvoyant strike with an added 800 internal damage that often seems like plenty of damage that is not easily reduced. Tree allows for the cool down on Battle Readiness to be reduced so it can be used often enough but used as an opener it is very punishing alone in my experiences.

Xak Tsaroth

He who teaches also learns...