Devs, what do you plan to fix FPS issues in Ilum PvP zone ?

misluc

As soon as you get more than 20 players on screen in Ilum, FPS dramatically drops.

I get from 50 FPS to 10, even worse, on a Core I7 + GTX580.

All my guildies got the same problem, on different computers.

Even if you put details to minimum, it still unplayable.

Do you plan to work on this ?

We really need input on this because many pvp players won't continue paying the sub if you don't give them normal playing conditions.

PS : I suggest you phone to Battlefield 3 devs so they explain you how to show 60+ players on screen in DX11 with full effects on, at 50+ FPS, on a map larger and with more details than Ilum pvp zone.

Edited by misluc

As soon as you get more than 20 players on screen in Ilum, FPS dramatically drops.

I get from 50 FPS to 10, even worse, on a Core I7 + GTX580.

All my guildies got the same problem, on different computers.

Even if you put details to minimum, it still unplayable.

Do you plan to work on this ?

We really need input on this because many pvp players won't continue paying the sub if you don't give them normal playing conditions.

PS : I suggest you phone to Battlefield 3 devs so they explain you how to show 60+ players on screen in DX11 with full effects on, at 50+ FPS, on a map larger and with more details than Ilum pvp zone.

i think this guide/fix can help you a little bit :)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1922142

Seems an issue with 580 GTX cards. A friend of minne runs SLI 580 and has lower frame rate than me on ATI 6950 2gb. Have you checked i know this is a bit dumb of me but. Latest drivers for your card.

My friend had issue in Beta as well as on launch

This is my last day of posting so I might as well put in my 2 cents.This is what caused me to cancel my sub until this is sorted out.

I have a system similar to OP, Core i7, GTX 570, 8GB DDR3 RAM - Run anywhere from 50-80 fps maxed out while lvling. As soon as I join a warzone or pvp, fps drops to about 10-15 FPS with about 1 second ability delay. Doesnt matter if I lower all settings to minimum, 15 fps tops.

I am on the latest drivers, I have tried all the beta drivers etc...no change. I'm sorry but there is clearly a problem with the engine. I hope it gets fixed but I fear it may be too late by the time they finally pull their heads out of the sand and admit there is something going on.

This is my last day of posting so I might as well put in my 2 cents.This is what caused me to cancel my sub until this is sorted out.

I have a system similar to OP, Core i7, GTX 570, 8GB DDR3 RAM - Run anywhere from 50-80 fps maxed out while lvling. As soon as I join a warzone or pvp, fps drops to about 10-15 FPS with about 1 second ability delay. Doesnt matter if I lower all settings to minimum, 15 fps tops.

I am on the latest drivers, I have tried all the beta drivers etc...no change. I'm sorry but there is clearly a problem with the engine. I hope it gets fixed but I fear it may be too late by the time they finally pull their heads out of the sand and admit there is something going on.

Must be card related to the game engine (which they need to address), GTX260 here ALL high settings , 30 fps at least in warzones.

Edited by Urko

I dont think bw/ea messes with the core rendering/low fps issues of the heroengine. Thats probably the work for the authors of heroengine itself, which i doubt is going to get fixed in the near future :p

I'm amazed how bad performance a game of this caliber can actually manage to be. And i feel sorry for the developers since i know the pain they are facing being on myself. Poor sobs.