Healing mechanics are fine, just reduce damage and survivability

vibenode

Now this could immediately be taken incorrectly. This is not an 'AMG HEALZ SO OP' thread I would like to clarify that now. But here is my constructive input regarding healing classes...

Merc and Sorc healers (not so much OPS healz as they have a high skill cap and most people just aint that good): I got no probs with healing as its structured atm, the healing is good, the other utility that healers have is pretty broken.

In most MMO's I have played the healer performs as a healer nothing more, maybe a little bit of CC and utility but nothing overboard. A healer should sacrifice pretty much all DMG output for their heals. For instance in WoW (Yes the dreaded WoW reference)...1v1 killing a healer as a DPS was next to impossible (as it should be) but the healer took bloody AGES to lay out enough dmg to kill a DPS, were talking minutes here, I once duelled a tree as a fury warrior and it took over 5 mins to kill me. I have fairly exclusively played Warzones since launch of SWTOR and I can tell you when a healer can burn you in a fairly short space of time and you can't heal at all it starts to become tedious. Healers should heal, they aren't healers atm in SWTOR more hybrids with focus on healing.

So lets take this further...should a healer be able to take 2 v 1. I don't know what your answer is but mine is **** yeh. 2 High dmg DPS should be able to kill a healer for sure but ive seen a merc healer tanking with the huttball while 4-5 people are on them. If you have 2 DPS on 1 healer they should die in my opinion. If a healer has 2 people on them then their allied DPS will need to help out and relive some aggro on the healer, otherwise they should die.

To sum up: Leave all healing mechanics as they are as far as im concerned but look at the survivability and damage output of healer classes. Maybe the healing cannisters and charges etc should actually reduce all dmg done when it is active, for instance a sorc healer chanelling force lightening can still do a pretty nice chunk of your HP even as a healer, same on mercs with their basic dmg on healers, far too high. Also i'd seriously look at these shields that make healer immune to interrupts. The healing is fine but this is a little strong as far as im concerned.

P.S I also dont think in PvP tanking gear was a very good choice by bioware. Play huttball against a tank who has the ball with a few healers and get ready to cry. We do it a ALOT but my point is were doing it because its there to be exploited and its easy wins, its pretty cheap tho i'll admit. Giving say a geared juggernaut the ball and support with a few healers and watch the enemy team give up. as this literally unstoppable jugg just inexorably makes his way to your goal line over and over again.

Edited by vibenode

If a healer has 2 people on them then their allied DPS will need to help out and relive some aggro on the healer, otherwise they should die.

Sure thing. Any real changes to healing will result in fewer healers overall. This has happened in other games, including the "Voldemort - He Who Shall Not Be Named" game.

Healing already kind of sucks - fewer medals, less glory, <much> more abuse.

What is this drivel? Healers burning you down in 15 seconds? Lol?

If you mean a fully DPS specced Merc or Sorc can burn you in 15s and then slowly use their big heal to top themselves back off afterwards... sure I could see a gripe I suppose

But an actual Heal specced Sorc aint gonna burn you down in 15s and would be lucky to kill most dps 1v1 period if they are competent.

Unfortunately those heals are part of the AC, not the spec. And it does disincentivize healers in generally when a DPS spec sorc can throw out 150k healing, 2.5k and 5k heal medal AND get 300k+ damage and all the DPS medals, 9 or so pretty reguardly where as the "healer" spec sorc might do 400k+ healing and walk out of the match with 4 or 5 medals tops.

There isnt an easy solution to the problem, but at least get your facts straight about a "healer" pwning your face in 15seconds

can you please explain what class healer is killing you?

well seeing as you just whined at my post I spent time to make constructive I don't really want to make a reply, but i'll humour you for ***** and giggles. Mainly Sorc healer putting out more DPS that I consider acceptable for a healer class but a good merc is just as troublesome. OPS you dont see much of as they are hard to play but rewarding if you can, cant offer too much info about their potential DMG output as healers tho as I don't see enough of them.

PLEASE lets not get sidetracked on another issue here. I feel healing mechanics themselves are good, a solid system and I think it would be an error to nerf any healing. The other factors that make up a healing class in SWTOR, potential DPS, survivability & CC I feel need toning down somewhat to bring them into balance

Edited by vibenode

Also please stop treating me like a new player. I've been playing warzones since the game came out and I can confidently say that the healing class balance is slightly off. Rolling a Pyrotech atm and my damage is consistantly high, involved in scores and I ALWAYS use Teamspeak when playing to co-ordinate focus on healer. When 3 full champion geared players can't focus kill 1 healer some alarms go off in my head thinking this class is too hard to kill.

P.S I assume your healers then?

Edited by vibenode

ok so we finally get to the point.

Your complaint is about hybrid spec sorcs being too effective. Bounty hunter bodyguards are killing you?? ***.

I thought ive seen everything in this forum but complaining about bodyguards doing too much dmg might be the first.

PLEASE lets not get sidetracked on another issue here. I feel healing mechanics themselves are good, a solid system and I think it would be an error to nerf any healing. The other factors that make up a healing class in SWTOR, potential DPS, survivability & CC I feel need toning down somewhat to bring them into balance

Healers need LESS surviability?! If they dont have guard on them they die quick as hell, I even kill healers with my damn tank in 1v1 situations.

You are seriously confused about the difference between an actual healer and a DPS specced enemy that can also heal due to the heal being granted by the class and not the spec. If you want to see "heals nerfed for DPS Sorc/Merc specced characters" then convey that as your main point and you're argument may gain a little credibility. Although, judging by the OP and responses that's unlikely in any event -_-

3 players unable to kill a healer means the healer was almost assuredly guarded, you guys taunted and most likely being CCed and the healer was not only healing themselves and/or being healed by someone else.

Either way you're talking a bout a 2+ vs 3 scenario NOT a 3v1 scenario as you imply. Stop trying to exaggerate the circumstances to try and make a point, you only make yourself look bad, like really really bad... like "I was fond of eating lead pain chips as a child"... bad.

Edited by Guiken

its because your thread was really bad, saying the mechanics are fine when you don't even know the mechanics..you don't even have a healer.

You made a long rage post after you and your friends in vent couldnt kill a geared(and probably guarded) healer.

Meh why bother even posting on these forums, never anything constructive just little rage kids. Yeh whatever im bored following this now as your responses are EMO not constructive.

Work on your people skillz.

The above post pretty much offered some constructive crititcism, it took into account that you 3v1 situation was not as such a 3v1 situation. If he indeed was unguarded, I smell lack of interupting/interupting the wrong heals or miserable dps.

I think i know what he means but those guys are no healers ...

i only know about the sorc but am pretty sure that mercs can do that too

it is possible to get the first heals and boni and a more or less decent dps setup

for sorcs i mean that you skill the healing tree up to force bending and the hot

this gives you quite some survivability, while you still can do moderate damage

still they wont be able to do anything ... except kite you for a bit longer.

If you put pressure on such a spec it will litterally drain itself out of power within a minute

Survive that long and you win ... die and well the guy is pretty much disabled until he can rest and useless as dps or healer

in case that you realy mean pure healing spec ... well lol

it is litterally impossible for me as pure healer to kill someone in a one on one in an acceptable time.

And while i try to my team will die

Tl:dr:

There are specs that allow a moderate survivability for yourself with heals, while still beeing able to deal "some" (and thats realy not that much) damage, to stay competetive in a 1on1 but those pretty much gimp you as healer and as dps

Edited by Jamuro

I ALWAYS use Teamspeak when playing to co-ordinate focus on healer. When 3 full champion geared players can't focus kill 1 healer some alarms go off in my head thinking this class is too hard to kill.

Tanks are probably reducing your damage. Mindlessly zerging the healer is stupid. Pay attention to the situation.