Couple of notes from a 50 Sorcerer

nezitx

I wish I could be more help to the people on these forums, but 99% of my leveling experience was with a friend and that completely changed the dynamic of the class playing by itself, companions, specs and so forth. But hopefully this will help a little:

1. You will have less DS/LS points than at least some other classes. My friend (SW) was roughly 1500 more points ahead of me when he hit LS 5 at roughly lvl 47. At 50, I needed ~400 more points for DS 5. This took less than an hour of just blowing through low level flashpoints at rapid speed, so it's not a huge deal.

2. Xalex is a melee tank too. I thought because he has some ranged attacks he might be a ranged tank and I (thought) that everyone had a ranged tank. I was wrong. His stance/buff does increase his armor so that his light armor will be equivalent to heavy armor though.

3. I healed ~4 FPs and all the heroic 2/4s that we did (about 80% of them that we got) without any points in the healing tree. We managed to duo all the heroics 2/4s until Alder where we got a few done but it got a bit harder to do the 4s. After that we did a handful of 4s with the only other 2 people near our level, mostly on Hoth, but then outleveled them and skipped the rest of the 4s.

4. Me and my friend were both fully crafting and gathering while we leveled and had no problems buying our mounts and skills. I never bought any additional ranks of the melee attack that you use pre-AC, but I am sure I could have.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer. Keep in mind I didn't level solo though.

Hi, Nice info.

Are you mainly in Lightning or Madness?

I was primarily lightning. I think madness would be pretty viable, but dots would have been fairly useless in most fights with another player and companion along as well because things died really fast.

Regardless of your spec, the channeled aoe you get at 36 (I think) is really really fun :)

Xalek is actually identical to khem val. His abilities are identical except for 10m range on a couple of them, and he force charges, as opposed to dashes like Khem.

With all that said, I still <3 Boneface more than Khem. Maybe its his mystique, or his unquestioning obedience...or the fact that he gets all my used armor. Mine has 16k hp now, and he is almost a viable tank.

Xalek is actually identical to khem val. His abilities are identical except for 10m range on a couple of them, and he force charges, as opposed to dashes like Khem.

With all that said, I still <3 Boneface more than Khem. Maybe its his mystique, or his unquestioning obedience...or the fact that he gets all my used armor. Mine has 16k hp now, and he is almost a viable tank.

I was a bit disappointed that they're so similar. I suppose a tank is a tank, but I expected a little more variety.

Also have you noticed that Xalek has an unlisted lightning attack? It looks like force lightning and having gone through and tested his abilities none of his actives actually look like that.

i rlly rlly looked forward to Xalek as a main companion , is he really viable ? Are there better choices? Becaouse of the armor he uses he seemed the one that could benefit mostly getting my old gear ....

Rlly how good is he in comparison with other companions ?

whats youre goals once you reached lvl cap ?

Was it harder to lvl once you got higher or still easy ?

How much did you liked youre class story quests ?

How you feel once you reached lvl cap , i mean class balance wise ?

are you 50 also ? if yes i didnt knew its not actually written so when i was reading youre post i got the question actually in my mind to ask topic starter .

If you cba answer , then just dont at all . Cos mine were a bit more different from what you wrote . He is similar to khem , Great . Now , are there any better companions then he is or no ?

are you 50 also ? if yes i didnt knew its not actually written so when i was reading youre post i got the question actually in my mind to ask topic starter .

If you cba answer , then just dont at all . Cos mine were a bit more different from what you wrote . He is similar to khem , Great . Now , are there any better companions then he is or no ?

Yes I'm 50, but better at what? You get two tank companions that are nearly identical. Between Khem and Xalek you won't notice a difference. The other companions fill different roles so it's a non-issue.

Edited by Aqualisk

for what duno soloing i think .... in flashpoints and ops or pvp you wont be using them . So for whats left .... Like companion for some daily quests and so on thats what i meant .... So far i have only khem (didnt progresed in story even in im 32) so was wondering . Maybe a healer wouldve been better for a sorc etc ....

We get a healer on Hoth, and so far (lvl 40) I prefer him. I'm lightning, and it's rare that I die with him out. With Khem, he dies too frequently. I tried to keep up with his gear for a while, but the healer made the choice easy. I could heal Khem through most fights, but frankly, I'd rather be pounding the mob and learning how my attacks work with procs instead of spamming healz all the way to 50. I'm anxious to get Xalek, but it sounds like I'll be sticking with healerboi until I can get everyone geared right. I had been running biochem, but I'm going to switch to Cybertech. That will make gearing these guys much easier.

Xalek's main advantage is that he looks so damn stylish.

His pole vaults, lightning bolts, force lightnings (and yeah, I've noticed him doing it, always thought it was his lightning strike or w/e, but if you tested it, I guess its not), lifetaps, etc, look pimptastic.

Any idea where to find him a decent weapon at 50? I have the electrostaff from Voss commendations on him, but I'd rather he have a double bladed lightsaber.

Get him a custom one, the pvp items are pretty easy to get. That way you can hand-me-down your own sabers by refitting the mods into it.

I wish I could be more help to the people on these forums, but 99% of my leveling experience was with a friend and that completely changed the dynamic of the class playing by itself, companions, specs and so forth. But hopefully this will help a little:

1. You will have less DS/LS points than at least some other classes. My friend (SW) was roughly 1500 more points ahead of me when he hit LS 5 at roughly lvl 47. At 50, I needed ~400 more points for DS 5. This took less than an hour of just blowing through low level flashpoints at rapid speed, so it's not a huge deal.

2. Xalex is a melee tank too. I thought because he has some ranged attacks he might be a ranged tank and I (thought) that everyone had a ranged tank. I was wrong. His stance/buff does increase his armor so that his light armor will be equivalent to heavy armor though.

3. I healed ~4 FPs and all the heroic 2/4s that we did (about 80% of them that we got) without any points in the healing tree. We managed to duo all the heroics 2/4s until Alder where we got a few done but it got a bit harder to do the 4s. After that we did a handful of 4s with the only other 2 people near our level, mostly on Hoth, but then outleveled them and skipped the rest of the 4s.

4. Me and my friend were both fully crafting and gathering while we leveled and had no problems buying our mounts and skills. I never bought any additional ranks of the melee attack that you use pre-AC, but I am sure I could have.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer. Keep in mind I didn't level solo though.

Just a couple of questions for you if you don't mind answering...

1. Of the following stats which did you concentrate on the most (if you can list them in what order you would get them in that would be great!)? Crit rating, Alacrity rating, Power rating, Surge rating.

2. Did you solo heal all the 2/4 heroics and 4 man FPs (including companions)? If you did, was you basically spam healing your heals or was it buff with the shield and nuke away until you needed to pop your heals.

3. What relics do you typically use? Crit, Power, or Alacrity?

4. in the heroics/FPs how was your typical force consumption? Did you find yourself typically running out or because you was DPS specc'd things didn't live long enough for you to run out?

5. Have you any experience in the 8 mans and if so what role do you fullfill? DPS or healing?

I'm in almost the exact situation as you are, I'm currently leveling up with my brother and we do pretty much all the content together with just our companions. I'm currently heal specc'd but it just fills "lack-luster" to me. If I can heal him while being DPS specced I'd prefer it I think! Finally thanks for taking the time to respond to these questions!

diplomacy..

i was -10000 darkside at lvl 41

then i dropped and and have zerged underworld...

at lvl 48 atm, my crew skills are 400, 400, and 370 (underworld)

ive always had credits for mounts...

and have over 400k creds atm so ill easily have the 330k piloting

idk how everyone runs out of creds