Can the Lightspring quest on Tatooine be skipped?

Hanasaku

I have a level 28 "Sawbones" Scoundrel and I simply cannot kill Diago Hixan. I'm tired of this crap and frustrated. I don't give a rip about finishing Risha's quest line anymore; I just want to move on.

I had successfully done this quest back when Corso had Harpoon, but now I can't pull Hixan out of the Sith/Jedi AoE. instead, Corso just jumps right in there, get himself burned down and I can't do enough damage and heal interrupting to kill Hixan.

I'm guessing that if I skip this quest, I am hosing my storyline. That would be a shame, but right now I honestly don't care. Either the game should give me a way to pull fatso out of the AoE or a way to burn him down. If not, I guess I can go back to playing Skyrim.

Yeah, I'm pretty hacked off right now ...

It can't be skipped. But you can draw him away from the force-dames yourself.

Here's a thread about the lightspring from here on the forum.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=43910&page=21

How I did it and several others from that thread. Put Corso on passive, target the bad guy, no AOE and pull him back towards the bridge. When you get him enough from the ladies, put Corso on him. It worked for my little healer, good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. After I gave up last night, I realized that I had to separate Draigo from the force weilder's AoE. That means I either have to pull him out of there or first kill the Sith (or Jedi). I tried a couple of times to pull him, but I think I put Corso on Passive after he had already engaged Draigo and Draigo wouldn't move.

I read the thread you provided and I think I have a better idea on how to do this now.

Thanks again.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. After I gave up last night, I realized that I had to separate Draigo from the force weilder's AoE. That means I either have to pull him out of there or first kill the Sith (or Jedi). I tried a couple of times to pull him, but I think I put Corso on Passive after he had already engaged Draigo and Draigo wouldn't move.

I read the thread you provided and I think I have a better idea on how to do this now.

Thanks again.

Hope it worked out for you =)

Have fun and happy smuggling!

I should probably post that I did in fact manage to beat this quest. I posted a detailed description of my solution on page 21 or so of the forum thread SilentKitty linked, but I will give you the short version here.

Use Corso for ranged attack. Before crossing the bridge to approach Diago, put him on passive and turn off his jet pack.

After the cut scenes and the fight started, I found a couple of unfortunate truths. First, I couldn't pull Diago out of the AoE. With Corso still on passive, Diago could easily outheal my attacks (I'm healer/Sawbones specced). Second, if I attack the Sith instead, Diago can easily out heal my attacks.

So what do you do? Well, the answer is that there is a crate on the floor behind the Sith. Crouch or stand behind the crate and you will be close enough Diago for you attacks with a range of 10 meters and also outside of the AoE. Start attacking Diago and tell Corso to start attacking Diago.

Take your time; there is no hurry. Keep vital shot on Diago and use plain old blaster bolts. You should be able to interrupt Diago's heal every other time with Distraction. Keep Corso alive as he will take some damage. Repeat until Diago finally dies. In my case, this took a couple of minutes.

Now, put Corso on passive again, heal up, and let your cooldowns refresh (if you need to). Start attacking the SIth or the Jedi and tell Corso to start attacking. Restrict your attacks to Vital Shot and Blaster Bolts until she aggros on Corso. When she does, UNLOAD on her. Since I'm a Scoundrel that means get on her backside, Back Blast, and all of my other short range, heavy hitting attacks. When I unloaded on her, she was dead in about 10 seconds.

Quest complete and I get to leave Tatooine having once again saved the Republic and the Galaxy from certain destruction.

I will admit, this is the one quest I had to get help on when I was leveling my sawbones. I must have died 30 times and spent ever credit I had trying to do this on my own, but I finally gave up and called guild mates to help. I was so frustrated that I almost quit. Seems funny now because I can solo the +4 daily heroic CtS with my sawbones, something I would have never guess being able to do way back when.

I ran into a few other tough fights, but don't give up, trust me the game gets really fun and your power does increase. Also the smuggler has the best lines in the game.

Edited by mikebevo

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same exact issue where my companion ran in and got AoE'd to death within seconds and I was left to 1on1 the fat guy forever with no end to his healing.

What I did:

I realized how poorly the situation was going so I ran out of the instance itself and resummoned Bowdaar after i got out of combat. Went back in and the fat dude was a little ways away from the jedi and sith fighting. I kept using my interrupt skill (yellow with waves on it, if you can't tell I'm really bad with names) when he would use his medpack. Granted this fight took forever but his damage is VERY minimal without the AoE's from the catfight so it's not too bad. After that wiping up the sith or jedi (whichever you do) is extremely fast cause they have 4k health.

I was using Bowdarr and he would die pretty early(I'm sure Corso's worthless *** wouldn't fare much better). So I just let the Jedi tank both characters as I slowly killed the sith. Wasn't difficult at all, especially if you just stand there for about 5 minutes, the jedi will have pretty solid agro by then(it looked like she could only do so much hp damage before it just stopped, but she had to have been getting agro even as the sith wasn't taking damage from her anymore). I just interrupted the death field and she went down pretty quick. Then switched to the dude and it was over.