So who won the war?

ISDcaptain

Does the republic or Empire win? and how does it end? who kills who? Has there been anything official about this?

Well, I suppose in the longer term, we know we end up with a Republic. But in game time, things are going back and forth, forth and back, there are heroes on both sides, etc.

Although if you ask me, if the Sith stopped their infighting long enough to present a united front, they'd be in with a chance. I swear, they kill more Imps than my trooper does :).

The Sith Empire tears itself apart. Of course, they blame the Republic & the Jedi for this. The Republic will be weakened as a result.

In just under 2600 years, the Republic will collapse, as a new Sith Order rises. Jedi will become leaders of planets and star systems as they defend themselves from this new Sith Order, approximately 1000 years before the movies.

So, there is no winner. See here for a more detailed analysis of the Star Wars timeline and events.

Edited by CaptRavenous

The Imps won the War of Ilum. We know this because you can go to the Old Republic Base and find dead bodies and a memorial to the Republic troops that fought in the war.

Imps won in the real battles and the devs are all Imps so the Imps will always win this stuff.

I'd say no one ever wins.

The Republic is too weak and Candy-Land care-bearish to survive long-term, and the Empire is too fractious to survive - as soon as the Emperor dies, it's all over but the shouting.

And of course, neither the Light or the Dark Side can destroy the other in the end, so both sides will always be equally as strong. The game is written for endless war, in any era. Probably the idiots that run the Republic and aren't even qualified to conduct a school bake sale will hold power more often (just because most people are weak), but because they're so incompetent and weak they won't hold it indefinitely.

Edited by jgelling

The Imps won the War of Ilum. We know this because you can go to the Old Republic Base and find dead bodies and a memorial to the Republic troops that fought in the war.

Imps won in the real battles and the devs are all Imps so the Imps will always win this stuff.

This is really the most untrue statement of this universe's current state ever..

I mean.. if Imps won.. how would the Republic even have a chance to make a memorial on Ilum in the first place?

And, as another poster stated, levelling planets with clear Republic victory in the end are (SPOILERS AHEAD):

- Alderaan: Depending on Consular choice ends in peace between houses and a regained respect for the Republic because of the peaceful manner in which the Barsen'thor manages to end the conflict.

- Balmorra: Again the Consular, kills Darth Lachriss, the Imperial Governer, and oversees the positioning of a new, Republic loyal, government on Balmorra.

- Corellia: Is a clear Republic victory, again thanks to the Consular who brings the Rift Alliance, the Esh-Ka and even a small group of Voss Commando's with him to support the Republic and break the Imperial defenses.

Come to think of it.. the Knight might kill (a form of) the Emperor, but the Consular has most impact on the state of some very key core world planets the Empire tried to attack. The Empire still having a strong foothold on Ilum is nothing compared to the number of clear Republic victories.

Edited by Devlonir

No, he's right. There's a codex entry that specifically says what happened.

Ah cool.. missed that bit.

Fun bit of universe lore added because of the server inbalance causing the base to be a slaughterhole for the time Ilum was still a true World PVP area.

Still though, it doesn't describe the Empire winning Ilum. At most, it describes the Empire holding the Western Shelf.

Edited by Devlonir

Ah cool.. missed that bit.

Fun bit of universe lore added because of the server inbalance causing the base to be a slaughterhole for the time Ilum was still a true World PVP area.

Still though, it doesn't describe the Empire winning Ilum. At most, it describes the Empire holding the Western Shelf.

Yeah, it just speaks about that one battle the Empire won. And like someone above me said, if the Empire had won the whole Ilum campaign, how could the Republic have raised a memorial there?

I'm more confused as to why they put up a memorial but didn't bother to bury the bodies :p

Perhaps the bodies were left where they lay as part of the memorial. It would definitely seem to be a much more sober view than a chunk of stone with words carved on to the service.