Voss story mistakes? (spoilers)

Evray

So I am playing a Jedi Knight, I went through my class quest on the planet while dabbling in side quests. In my main quest, we defeat Sel-ma Kor? Not sure if that is the correct spelling, in other words an entity that lives inside voss. Point is, its dead.

I then go to do the dark crystal quest and follow that line, and end up fighting and avatar of this same guy, my character having no apparent understanding of a monster (that he just got done helping defeat mind you) and the only 3 options I have all involve me asking who/what Sel-ma Kor is.

Then the boss I have to fight is apparantly powered up by his 'master' yet, I still have already killed this master.

So despite having completed defeating said monster, my character has no idea it even existed and apparantly its still influencing the enemies I am fighting in a quest line.

Think this is quite a huge over-sight on Bioware's part. Its like in Oblivion when you would already be the Arch-Mage, then go on a quest to steal from the arch-mage so you can blackmail... yourself into doing something etc. Its terribly immersion breaking and seems like a pretty noteworthy deal since Story is supposed to be this game's main focus.