Why do us loners get punished once we reach level 50?

I've reached level 50 with my Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior characters, and I feel I have hit a dead end with them in the game. My understanding is that I've would need to do some HM FP do get better gear as my next step.... but everytime I have played with people i don't know, it turned out to be a not-such-good experience. Many people, who are experts in these FP can be greedy, impatient, or just plain mean. I do have a friend who I play with, but of course 2 are not enough to complete these FP (even though JK and Warriors my favorite types, in my opinion, they are the weakest of all classes).

I know that MMO games are all about playing with others online, but sometimes this doesn't work out for us loners who prefer not get hashed by the bullies. It would be nice to make the FP in such way that 2 can play and have the game adjust to the twosome's capabilites, and maybe complete it twice to get the same items as one group of 4 can get in one try.

Honestly, if you want to play solo then you have finished the game once you finish the class story. Sure there are other things you can do like hunt datacrons, finish bonus series, do dailies and so on, but after 50 the single player game is finished.

For a solo player its like GTA. Once you finish the story you can still run around and kill stuff (or try for 100% completion), but that's about it. On the plus side: you have 6 more single player games to play thanks to the different class stories.

Well, I was a solo player until I got to know people. If you ever want someone to level with, I'm Bemra on the Shadowlands.

True, you do suffer unless you out yourself out there. Just try and do heroics with some people, and you may get lucky and play with someone amazing, who is nice.

It can be daunting and uncomfortable grouping with strangers and just let'in it go,...some people are just real a%^holes, kinda like the real world. You will find decent people in pug FPs thou and you'll complete many of them, you have to work at it and learn the content.

If your warrior classes are Jugg/Gurd re-spec to dps and replace ALL OF YOUR GEAR with the mk recruit pvp starter gear. Then using the extra cash from running dailies and FPs, replace your implants. Continuously be building your health and armor rating, FP's will become easier. If you follow these simple bits of advice , one week from now you'll look back at this thread and say "what the hell was I thinking , this is so easy".

I've reached level 50 with my Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior characters, and I feel I have hit a dead end with them in the game. My understanding is that I've would need to do some HM FP do get better gear as my next step.... but everytime I have played with people i don't know, it turned out to be a not-such-good experience. Many people, who are experts in these FP can be greedy, impatient, or just plain mean. I do have a friend who I play with, but of course 2 are not enough to complete these FP (even though JK and Warriors my favorite types, in my opinion, they are the weakest of all classes).

I know that MMO games are all about playing with others online, but sometimes this doesn't work out for us loners who prefer not get hashed by the bullies. It would be nice to make the FP in such way that 2 can play and have the game adjust to the twosome's capabilites, and maybe complete it twice to get the same items as one group of 4 can get in one try.

I understand where you are coming from.

But like so many ahve said this is a MMO not a single player RPG.

What you can do has been stated here but try this.

2 man HM flash points.

Some will be impossible to do but some will be completeable with clever pet use.

You're playing a massively multiplayer game. Get over yourself.

Did you not read that the person has grouped but found jerks so has made the grouping very unpleasant? I can understand the problem there are people that act like jerks when you pug which is why the grouping can be unpleasant and most want to avoid it.

When people act like that you don't want to be in a group with them.

And comments like this just make things worse.

To the op: Maybe try finding a guild or getting to know some people before you group with them. It might make your experience better and more enjoyable.

I know I only group with my friends and guild because of the problem with some of the people that are in the pug.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Your playing a MULTI player game.

You're playing a massively multiplayer game. Get over yourself.

So you're soloing an MMO cause of bullies? Dude, really..

Useless comments are useless. Honestly, I could even go as far as saying that this sort of attitude is a large part of the OPs problem.

Like someone else has already said, if the end game multiplayer stuff hasn't been working out so well for you, you still have plenty to do. Put your two level 50s on hold for a while, and go on to one of the other class stories... maybe spend some more time doing Heroics with others while you're leveling. If you pay attention to the General channel while you're leveling, then you should eventually see someone trying to get a group together for some Heroic or other... keep an eye out, and sign up when you see someone asking for help, even if it means abandoning a solo quest for a little while. And, don't forget to make use of the Friends list to keep tabs on anyone you work well with... or, join a guild, if the opportunity comes up. That way, the next time you get to 50, you could have a list of players already built up that you know you enjoy playing with.

Also, there's bound to be more soloable content, eventually. Makeb is supposed to be mostly soloable, I think... so, if you have to, just hold out for that. Either way, there's still plenty of other stuff to do, besides the end game multplayer content.

Skyrim is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You arent getting "punished" once you get to level 50, if you think it is, you self-administered the punishment by choosing not to engage in the end-game content.

Sure, if you had a couple bad experiences it could get to you, but don't let it poison your well. Put them on ignore and never worry about grouping with them again. For the most part, I've had good experiences with grouping up.

You could always, like an above poster said, start another class story. But a punishment, it most definitely is not.

You guys who are commenting that "You are playing an MMO" stuff are exactly the kinds of people he doesn't want to interact with. You take Ops stuff way too seriously, and i suspect you treat other players like garbage in game, just like you are doing in this thread.

You guys who are commenting that "You are playing an MMO" stuff are exactly the kinds of people he doesn't want to interact with. You take Ops stuff way too seriously, and i suspect you treat other players like garbage in game, just like you are doing in this thread.

So you're essentially saying, the OP is avoiding playing with other people because of people like me who believe that in an MMO, the game is essentially designed to play with other people?

Come on, the damn guy is pissing and moaning because he's "punished" with nothing to do at 50 cause he's playing by himself. MMO, learn your acronyms.

The difficulty is that it's impossible to make enough solo content to keep anyone occupied in the long term. It's simply not possible to design that content to a point where it takes a good chunk of time to get through it, unless you make it incredibly boring (kill 10,000 of X type of thing). The reason they focus on group and multigroup content is because they can design for a certain accepted composition and gear/skill level, and they can design it with features that take time to figure out and overcome. With three separate types of roles, you can't really do that for a single player.

I agree with others here. If you're interested in giving the game added longevity, try to find a good guild of like minded folks. It may take a few tries, but unless you're a total antisocial hermit, they're out there. Good luck.

You could consider joining a guild. Those typically have like minded people in them with purpose and a sense of community.

So you're essentially saying, the OP is avoiding playing with other people because of people like me who believe that in an MMO, the game is essentially designed to play with other people?

Come on, the damn guy is pissing and moaning because he's "punished" with nothing to do at 50 cause he's playing by himself. MMO, learn your acronyms.

Actually from what I read the Op has tried to group with people but found the pugs very rude and would rather not group with with people like that. Not once in the post does she/he say or complain that you shouldn't play with others just the experience has not been great.

She/he never said she/he was punished just that she/he wishes there were better ways instead of grouping with rude and disrespectful people.

Op: Like has been said before try finding a good guild or some friends you like and run with them. It willl make the experience a lot more rewarding and fun.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Don't let a couple bad groups spoil your fun! This is my first MMO and the vast majority of ppl I've grouped with have been nice and helpful - but yep, there have been some jerks and ignoramuses. But the good far outweighs the bad.

Yeah, you should've seen the Imps on last night on Ilum randomly attacking non PVP Republic players as they were doing Dailies. We finally ganged up and beaten them back.

Useless comments are useless. Honestly, I could even go as far as saying that this sort of attitude is a large part of the OPs problem.

It's probably the main reason why the game failed tbh, half the player base is anti-social in a social game.

I'm guessing most pugs have been where the OP is, trying to look for groups only to find the attitude of a lot of the players stinks, while you'll meet some nice people you'll meet others impossible to work with no matter how hard you try.

If you're new to flashpoints, then by all means let your group know that. Anyone worthwhile will respect that, slow down, and take a few seconds to help explain things. They know they were there once, too. Those that aren't willing to help a new 50 out... well, they must lead a very sad existence. :rolleyes:

On the flip side of that, if you know you're new and in need of help & instruction you should LISTEN to your group. I'm all for helping newbies out, but when they've broken CC or committed some other faux pas on 6 consecutive encounters I find myself wanting to bash my head into the desk. :p

PS: If you're on the Harbinger feel free to look up any of my characters in my signature below and I'll try to help you out.

Edited by ShawnSixtyTwo

You're not being punished, you are choosing not to the play the game the way it was intended.

But, I know your pain, after a few horrible PUGs, I quit grouping.

Find a good guild, it makes all the difference in the galaxy.

Grab yourself the free recruit gear from the pvp mission box. Gear up (and man up) jump in some HM FP's learn and have a blast! You'll be surprised how easy the FP's are once you've done a few runs.

Once you start getting better gear, and more knowledge jump in and do some T2 stuff.

Failing that, run around on your own and do some dailies.

SW:TOR has a pretty strong story (not compared to single player computer RPGs, but certainly compared to other MMOs). The thing is, every story ends eventually and Bioware cannot possibly create them as fast as we consume them - that they have to make eight stories every time they want to add something to the game isn't helping either. So, it's not punishment, it's just necessity, end game content is only interesting for the team play involved and repeats endlessly. If you have played through with one character and don't want team content, just create a character on the respective other side to see more of the story.