Gear from Artifact Lockboxes is not random!

Rouslaan

This BS made me sick to death already.

You wait a week for new piece of 252 gear and you get 5th hands or 4th chestpiece or a implant with worthless stats - this is very disappointing.

I'm doing Ossus weeklies by 8 toons and every of them are getting same pieces of gear: some of them getting only cuffs or only hands or only chestpieces from Artifact Lockbox (Upper Body) or only feet from Lower Body. This can't be a coincidence - chances that you randomly will get same pieces 8 times in a row, for weeks are so low, so that makes me to suspect that developers have made a kind of algorythm which makes your gearing as long as it possible.

They've made a game where you can obtain gear only farming some crystals that you can get only 4 of them per week. And in addition some weeklies were bugged - on 1st week when you could receive it only on Tuesdays, and that GSF weekly that just tells you go fk yourself with your GSF victories - it's still 0/3!

All this game is just a waste of time. I'm not gonna pay for such sht anymore, gl!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you, since the start of Ossus 5.10 or whatever you want to call it, I have gotten exactly ZERO uppers from the weekly 252 boxes. Today I got two wrist pieces and an implant...the rest of things have been pretty much implants, so it's frustrating. I run 5 toons through that a week, and will probably add a sixth just to see if I can't increase my chance of getting an upper.

Also, is a belt in the upper box? or Lowers box? lol.

The easy solution if you do not want to deal with RNG. IGNORE the weeklies, and get your pieces from MWS.

The RNG does help speed it up some, but you do not need to even use the RNG at all to gear up for the 252/258 gear.

Edited by Toraak

The easy solution if you do not want to deal with RNG. IGNORE the weeklies, and get your pieces from MWS.

The RNG does help speed it up some, but you do not need to even use the RNG at all to gear up for the 252/258 gear.

That’s not the point of the OPs complaint or the thread.

If you recall, SWTOR began gearing with RNG and people despised it. They then worked on removing the RNG component and people became happy.

Then they went back to RNG.

Exactly what happened that made them decide to go right back to the very type of gearing system they worked years to get rid of?

***They did learn something new though, they learned to lock mods into the gears to further remove even more capability to min/max and also to create more grind.

Dude, read the name of the topic - "is not random", the point is that they say it's RNG but it's not.

What's the chance to get via random same result 8 times in a row?

The question is - is it a bug, or they did it intentionally. I suspect 2nd option.

Edited by Rouslaan

If you recall, SWTOR began gearing with RNG and people despised it. They then worked on removing the RNG component and people became happy.

Then they went back to RNG.

Exactly what happened that made them decide to go right back to the very type of gearing system they worked years to get rid of?

***They did learn something new though, they learned to lock mods into the gears to further remove even more capability to min/max and also to create more grind.

I wouldn't even say the playerbase was happy after they added half-arsed methods to obtain guaranteed gear. It was part of a tedious and very unfun system, a more complex version of the very system they trashed for BEING TOO COMPLEX IN THE FIRST PLACE. It was enough to wipe out entire segments of the PvE playerbase and scare off potential long timers. It hurts to see them fiddling with things that aren't broken and claiming the house isn't on fire.

If you're not interested in PvP or grouping for Ops and MM flashpoints, and you don't want to get hosed for 2000 UCs per piece of gear, yes, you do.

If you're not interested in PvP or grouping for Ops and MM flashpoints, and you don't want to get hosed for 2000 UCs per piece of gear, yes, you do.

This.

I have not been able to gear any of my toons with Ossus system. I keep getting the same kitten item every week and usually even the type you can't pull mods out and use them on alt that it getting its "same item" for different slot. If they would make those weekly lockbox items bind on legacy i think i would have one or more character half geared by now. :mad:

This BS made me sick to death already.

You wait a week for new piece of 252 gear and you get 5th hands or 4th chestpiece or a implant with worthless stats - this is very disappointing.

I'm doing Ossus weeklies by 8 toons and every of them are getting same pieces of gear: some of them getting only cuffs or only hands or only chestpieces from Artifact Lockbox (Upper Body) or only feet from Lower Body. This can't be a coincidence - chances that you randomly will get same pieces 8 times in a row, for weeks are so low, so that makes me to suspect that developers have made a kind of algorythm which makes your gearing as long as it possible.

They've made a game where you can obtain gear only farming some crystals that you can get only 4 of them per week. And in addition some weeklies were bugged - on 1st week when you could receive it only on Tuesdays, and that GSF weekly that just tells you go fk yourself with your GSF victories - it's still 0/3!

All this game is just a waste of time. I'm not gonna pay for such sht anymore, gl!

It's totally your fault here..

If you are doing dailies on 8 toons, you would be full 258 on one char at least, and second would be half way through....

You will never gear up with RNG crates on Ossus.. never ever. They will help you a bit as some pieces you will get for free, but you should buy the 252 set from Vendor mostly and exchange for 258 later on. If I used only those stupid crates I would have gone insane by now..

The loot boxes are totally random. Random means that there is a chance of you getting the same piece two or three times on one char/week.

With 8 alts and enough UC"s stacked you can get to 258 in a couple of weeks.

Don't depend on the loot boxes to gear up...they're meant to supplement gearing, not be your only source of it. You'll need to spend some crystals to get the pieces your RNG boxes aren't dropping.

I'm not a fan of how it is, but it's not as terrible as you're making it sound. It's a grind. It takes time. It's random...but you can also remove the randomness by using the new crystal currency.

Don't depend on the loot boxes to gear up...they're meant to supplement gearing, not be your only source of it. You'll need to spend some crystals to get the pieces your RNG boxes aren't dropping.

I'm not a fan of how it is, but it's not as terrible as you're making it sound. It's a grind. It takes time. It's random...but you can also remove the randomness by using the new crystal currency.

Its not a Grind its ****in boring as hell.

My life got a whole lot better since I stopped even justifying logging in.

Having a lot of fun in ESO, maybe one day this game will be fun again, until then I will continue to hold out hope that this company that clearly doesn't give a **** comes rushing back with new enthusiasm once they realise their new toy is doomed.

Be safe

Edited by LordDarrack

Its not a Grind its ****in boring as hell.

Having a lot of fun in ESO, maybe one day this game will be fun again, until then I will continue to hold out hope that this company that clearly doesn't give a **** comes rushing back with new enthusiasm once they realise their new toy is doomed.

Be safe

System is not great, yes.. but you as a player can still make your "life" easier with it if you take the right choices/approach... A lot of players didn't even bother to inform themselves regarding what's the best way of gearing.. they just wasted weeks on RNG crates and complain how bad it is. Yes, it's totally terrible if you use the crates only.

As bad as it was it didn't take longer to reach 258 than it did to get 242 or 248 back in the day.

If you are obsessed with bis gear it will be frustrating, but keep in mind that other players have to gear as well and they are more or less the same in terms of gear rating as well, and if you are PVP-ing bolster is 252...

System is not great, yes.. but you as a player can still make your "life" easier with it if you take the right choices/approach... A lot of players didn't even bother to inform themselves regarding what's the best way of gearing.. they just wasted weeks on RNG crates and complain how bad it is. Yes, it's totally terrible if you use the crates only.

As bad as it was it didn't take longer to reach 258 than it did to get 242 or 248 back in the day.

If you are obsessed with bis gear it will be frustrating, but keep in mind that other players have to gear as well and they are more or less the same in terms of gear rating as well, and if you are PVP-ing bolster is 252...

Appreciated but why should I bother to TRY and make it interesting. Silk Purse and pigs ears come to mind!

Believe me I gave it a go.

I have pages and pages of 300 character's = that's how much time I've put into the game, I've done my bit with time and hard earned cash but not only do the Devs persist in making this game less appealing they clearly have no vision for the future other than "yeah we are working on something, cant give you a hint what it is but it will be soon, possibly, funds and resources permitting".

Doesn't give us a lot of confidence does it?

Be safe

Concur with all of this. ^

Only thing is I question whether the outcome of Anthem will have anything to do with the fate of this game. This game was sunk with apathy 3+ years ago and the quality of the content put out since then confirms this.

I really think it's wishful to think Anthem's success or failure will have any positive impact on this game. I think they essentially allotted what they are willing to put into SWTOR, and that amount of resources won't change whether Anthem fails or succeeds.

When a game brings more frustration and disappointment to your life, and not joy and fun it's time to hang up the mouse pad.

A game ought to be fulfilling, engaging, and fun. SWTOR stopped being fun once I went through 6+ years of original chapters. Once you get to the point you need the newer content to engage you, the game flops big time.

Edited by Lhancelot

Only thing is I question whether the outcome of Anthem will have anything to do with the fate of this game. This game was sunk with apathy 3+ years ago and the quality of the content put out since then confirms this.

I really think it's wishful to think Anthem's success or failure will have any positive impact on this game. I think they essentially allotted what they are willing to put into SWTOR, and that amount of resources won't change whether Anthem fails or succeeds.

When a game brings more frustration and disappointment to your life, and not joy and fun it's time to hang up the mouse pad.

A game ought to be fulfilling, engaging, and fun. SWTOR stopped being fun once I went through 6+ years of original chapters. Once you get to the point you need the newer content to engage you, the game flops big time.

Sadly I think you're right Anthem may not have any effect on this game and they are simply dragging it out like squatters running down a prepaid meter.

The really sad thing is my little one is really into Star Wars (he's 5) and we spend lots of time watching the films which gets me even more depressed that I cant get my fix, its like a crack addict in a convent.

Be safe

Appreciated but why should I bother to TRY and make it interesting. Silk Purse and pigs ears come to mind!

Believe me I gave it a go.

I have pages and pages of 300 character's = that's how much time I've put into the game, I've done my bit with time and hard earned cash but not only do the Devs persist in making this game less appealing they clearly have no vision for the future other than "yeah we are working on something, cant give you a hint what it is but it will be soon, possibly, funds and resources permitting".

Doesn't give us a lot of confidence does it?

Be safe

It's not about making it "interesting". Grinding is never interesting..... The point is that you have to be patient and understand that other players are in a similar position. If you keep thinking that this dude has better gear, that dude is already full 258.... you will just get angry and feel down. I thought a lot about how I should gear my main and even with all that thought I still kinda messed up because I used only 3 alts in total instead of 5, 6 to buy the pieces and transfer back to my main via legacy. It was still acceptable pace with only 3 characters.

Yes, you may have 20 alts all 300, but you have to make priorities because I doubt you no life this game 24/7 and can play all your characters.

Set your focus on chars/classes you play the most.

This is all speculation imho...

Anthem's success is highly unlikely, this is my feeling and it might be wrong... but.. if it will be the best Bioware game in recent, SWTOR will still be the same in terms of how much content is being released.

I've said it many times, I stopped caring/hoping for something great to happen... 5.0 might have been the last big story based expansion we got. To me the future looks like this: small bits of content, some PVP maps, ops released with one boss at a time and so on. Mostly content that is cheap and easy to do. I think they said it themselves that they don't believe in big expansion packs like we got before...;) I hope I''m wrong. I like this game and I'm glad that it's still around and I can play. ;)

Edited by DavidAtkinson

If you're not interested in PVP or HM ops... what do you need 252+ gear for?

I know this is a question that keeps coming up every time solo players complain about slow gearing or inability to get BiS or whatever. But it's one that never gets adequately answered.

I'm not trying to talk down to you. I think you could save yourself some aggravation if you didn't fixate on obtaining something that you don't need under a system that doesn't make it easy for you to obtain it. If you don't do PVP or HM ops, literally nothing is going to change for you if you remain in 236 until they tone down the grind... except you'll be able to spend more time doing the things you enjoy doing in the game.

If you're not interested in PVP or HM ops... what do you need 252+ gear for?

Well, I can tell you from my own experiences I don't need 252 gear. I don't have time for endgame anymore so I stick to the solo scene these days. I can do everything I need to do in Tier 1 gear (and I see 252 becoming the new tier 1 in the near future). I only have one toon in anything higher than that. But what else am I going to do? Gearing up gives me something to aim for. And having mismatched gears is like having an incomplete collection. I've been playing MMOs for more than a decade and gearing up has always been THE thing to do. Level your character, explore the world, dilly dilly, gear up when you're done with all of that.

Also the higher gears are like having a high handicap in golf. I have a pretty low handicap (SWTOR not golf :p ) and don't need it but others do to help them get through some of the solo/story flashpoints.

Edited by kodrac

yeah right - create a topic telling that gear from lockboxes that supposed to be random is not random at all, and you'll get free "wise" advices from kids how to gear right and why you don't need bis gear xD

As usual... what else can we expect these days since most of the reasonable people have left the game already

yeah right - create a topic telling that gear from lockboxes that supposed to be random is not random at all, and you'll get free "wise" advices from kids how to gear right and why you don't need bis gear xD

♥ thank you ♥