Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my own opinion, a 'loyalty' gift should be to those who started on Day 1, and never let their subscription lapse for more than 5 days (this accounts for some who use game time cards to handle their subscriptions for one reason or another).

Loyalty has nothing to do with level of a single character, or legacy level. To a company, a 'loyal' customer is one who pays for a service on a regular basis.

It's Business 101. And BW shot itself in the foot with this, even after the adjustment. This is an example that could be listed in a business text book as an example of a potential PR disaster within a segmented customer base. Fortunately for BW, they have a pretty good product here, and the simple fact is, that I, and many like me, enjoy it enough to simply file this misstep in the backs of our minds. I would suggest they refrain from further suggestions that people who play a certain way are of more value than others, unless that's simply the audience they prefer to cater to, in which case I wish they would just say so plainly and openly.

For myself, I have not and will not threaten to, or actually, cancel my sub. I enjoy the game, and will continue to pay and play for as long as I enjoy it, or unless BW makes further mistakes that cause me to reconsider where I spend my entertainment dollars.

Good Post,I do have a 40,Legacy 4.7 about, I may get Legacy 6 without changing my life around,or my gaming approach...but I wont inhale the game like a starving hyena pouncing on a bucket of chicken.

Dont need anyone to tell me how to play or level either,Ive been here since ground zero too, I know how to level.

I am entitled to dislike the PR and have my negative opinion about it if i choose.

If I get the Free 30 days playing on my terms fine good for me, If I dont? well I already know I dont like the PR on this and I put no expectations on it, or expectations on myself to plow through and get it.

But then some deadbrain thinks they have to come in and teach everyone who didnt like the PR how to game.Or that you lack the ability to understand how to level in a game you didnt want to rush through.

Thats when things got really dumb.

Hello everyone! At BioWare we're always listening to our fans and we've heard our community's comments around players with Level 50 characters being the only group awarded 30 days of play time. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

We just released the innovative Legacy System as part of Game Update 1.2, and felt that looking at Legacy point progression across all of your characters was a great way to reward our most avid players. This means that any of the experience you earn with any of your characters brings you closer to the goal of Legacy Level 6. The choice of how to get to Legacy Level 6 is yours.

First, you need to have passed Chapter 1 to unlock your legacy. Examples of how to get to Legacy Level 6 include:

• A pair of characters Level 45 and 42
  • A trio of characters of Levels 45, 32 and 32
  • A bunch of characters Levels 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20
  • A single 50th level character that has enjoyed the endgame for a brief time

Remember these are just examples – you’re free to choose how to earn your Legacy experience to gain Legacy Level 6.

We've also got another significant piece of good news: everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT - click here for a time zone converter) to have a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account to get 30 days of game time on us. (Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.) Players will now have multiple options, as well as more time, to try and reach these goals and play all the great new content in Game Update 1.2.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk

Studio GM, BioWare Austin

[As an FYI: the news story and webpage regarding Legacy Promotion will be updated tonight or early next week with up-to-date information.]

No one cares! We are still going to quit. This game has no end game and world pvp sucks. These so called "planets" aka Zones are lame. We are too far apart from the enemy zones.

People who are expecting them to say 'we're sorry' are acting far too entitled, this is enough. Get over yourselves.

I would suggest that it is you who needs to "get over yourself" since you seem to think you are 'entitled' to dictate to others how they should feel, or what they should expect.

Have a pleasant afternoon.

Thank you very much Bioware as I had a lvl 48 at the time of the 1.2 patch and legacy level 8. Your solution is fair and I appreciate you recognizing that not everyone has the same playstyle.

Kudos Bioware.

Grisheub I totally agree with you, had I known that finishing chapter 1 would "unlock" my legacy and then (and only then ) do I start earning legacy xp maybe I would have rushed to finish chapter 1 with one of my alts. But like you I have a more relaxed playstyle and prefer to help others/guildies on flashpoints or PVP with them.

I also totally agree with you that it is not about the money but about the respect that BW is showing to the non-hardcore gamers who prefer to play a game than complete it. I am not the type of person to rage quit my subscription over this, but it does not sit well with me, the lack of respect not the money.

So, you managed to find the Forum to post in the Legacy 1.2 free month thread... but you failed to find the same Forum and its information about how Legacy is unlocked. Also, you also failed to read the actual ingame text about Legacy, when you were staring at that "locked" page.

Yes.. truly believable story.

So, I've been a loyalist of this game since the betas and have been subscribed ever since launch. My playstyle, however, was such that as of last month, I had multiple characters over 30, but not a single one at the end of chapter one. This past sunday, after reading about the promotion, I got my closest character through the first chapter, and have been playing that character every free moment I've had. As of this afternoon, I've still only made it 60% of the way to Legacy Level 2.

Am I doing something wrong? I have gleaned from this thread that the best way is to finish quests/missions rather than grind kills. But the Legacy seems to be racking up very slowly even so. Is there any quicker way to gain legacy than this? At this point, it seems unlikely that I could make LL6 by Sunday at noon. Anyone have advice?

So, I've been a loyalist of this game since the betas and have been subscribed ever since launch. My playstyle, however, was such that as of last month, I had multiple characters over 30, but not a single one at the end of chapter one. This past sunday, after reading about the promotion, I got my closest character through the first chapter, and have been playing that character every free moment I've had. As of this afternoon, I've still only made it 60% of the way to Legacy Level 2.

Am I doing something wrong? I have gleaned from this thread that the best way is to finish quests/missions rather than grind kills. But the Legacy seems to be racking up very slowly even so. Is there any quicker way to gain legacy than this? At this point, it seems unlikely that I could make LL6 by Sunday at noon. Anyone have advice?

I have not got non sorry mate.

Firstly, I'd like to take this opportunity to profusely thank Bioware for their actions-it was very generous of them to extend the promotion to this length. Now, onto a quick question-I have a level 45 Sith Assassin with a Legacy level of 3. I also have a level 6 Jedi Knight on the same Legacy. My question is which character should I use to farm my way to Legacy 6, level 50-that is if I have a chance. I can only play for a maximum of three hours a day due to time constraints. Thanks to anyone who answers. :)

Firstly, I'd like to take this opportunity to profusely thank Bioware for their actions-it was very generous of them to extend the promotion to this length. Now, onto a quick question-I have a level 45 Sith Assassin with a Legacy level of 3. I also have a level 6 Jedi Knight on the same Legacy. My question is which character should I use to farm my way to Legacy 6, level 50-that is if I have a chance. I can only play for a maximum of three hours a day due to time constraints. Thanks to anyone who answers. :)

Why did they have to start is like this.

Oh, do you mean I was using too many complicated words? Sorry, I tend to be quite formal online, it's a bit of a fault. :) I was just asking whether it would be faster to level my lvl 45 Assassin to 50 or to use my Lvl6 Knight to get to Legacy level 6. I also wanted to know what the fastest way to level would be. :)

My subscription is up on April 20th. Will I have to purchase a game-time card or be billed for another month to receive the free month?

If you go to your account page it will state your subscription as active It must be active in order to recieve your free 30 days.

•OR have an active subscription with a Legacy Level 6 account by April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

Your account must not be banned.

To be an active subscriber:

•You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code

Oh, do you mean I was using too many complicated words? Sorry, I tend to be quite formal online, it's a bit of a fault. :) I was just asking whether it would be faster to level my lvl 45 Assassin to 50 or to use my Lvl6 Knight to get to Legacy level 6. I also wanted to know what the fastest way to level would be. :)

Definitely assassin.

Thanks very much, do you have any advice for leveling to 50? Would it be a good idea to rush through story, or try and do every quest?

I'd suggest doing the storyline as it tends to give a good amount of experince, also try and do some flashpoints along the way as well.

Im a Founder. I have pre-ordered and bought the CE (EU player so i payed in Euros what the NA's pay in Dollars!). I have a valid continueing subscribtion. I put my hard earned cash in and didnt expect anything more than playing this wonderfull game that it is.

I also have a family (my wife and 3 young kids) who need and deserve the best of my time. After my days work and my family life i usually log in a couple of times a week around 23h CET till 1.00h CET to play SWTOR, and really enjoy that. I do quite a bit recruiting for my guild which means during my playtime i put alot of time and effort into that which prevents me from leveling fast... besides that i also suffer from a serious case of altoholism... So i have made quite a few alts but they are still quite low level (in their 10s). My main character is level 32.

By telling me i need either 1 level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 I feel im asked to rush through content (spacebarring my way through conversations) and missing out on all the good questing/stories I love in this game! Is this really what you want me to do BioWare?

Ofcourse i can understand anyone saying "you dont have to get that 30daysfree! If you want it its your choice!" But whatever the reason is to offer it to the players I still get a bad feeling about this because i keep thinking im also a dedicated player with love for the game straight from the beginning but i cannot put as much time in it as some of the others...

Does that make me less a fan? Does it make me any less of a good devoted customer? NO!

I love this game but this leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth! :(

I and my wife are with you on this one.

So, you managed to find the Forum to post in the Legacy 1.2 free month thread... but you failed to find the same Forum and its information about how Legacy is unlocked. Also, you also failed to read the actual ingame text about Legacy, when you were staring at that "locked" page.

What I find unbelievable, is that you are unable to use even a slight amount of intellect and reason out that prior to this, no one had a reason to CARE about when Legacy was unlocked...

I'm not sure that giving people something akin to actual money is a good thing in any case. Game rewards, yes, but a month off of paying? That delves into the realm of real-world economy. What is this, a job or a game?

I took me 11 hours of /played to get from 45 to 50 with rested experience doing quests. Easily achievable by the 22nd if you have 3 hours per day. Go that route.

If you could be so kind could you point me to the link that contains said information about the Legacy on these forums and how they work.

The point I was making is that the information is totally lacking and the disrespect shown by the PR people about "loyal" customers is creating a two-tiered system.

In my opinion the only reward that should have been offered is in-game rewards, i.e. the tauntan pet to all accounts that have qualified as founders and have an active subscription. Offering real world rewards and showing disrespect to those who don't qualify is a bad PR move.

Hell, offer the in-game reward to everyone like Guild Wars does at festivals to those that attend, this show good faith from BW to the community.

I will say no more on the subject as my stories are obviously not credible or believable to the "loyal" fanbase.