The Silver Gala Social RP - July 26th @ 10pm EST

Luniara

EVENT FLYER

((IC)):

Yalawari Institute for Archaeology is throwing their annual fundraising event; The Silver Gala. Said to be a neutral event, the richest and highest of nobility, scientists, lords and philanthropists are said to be in attendance in hopes of seeking trade,sharing knowledge and making alliances. The name of the event, dubbed the Silver Gala is priced at 20,000 credits, though special invitations have been sent out to many. On display the event is the Society's newest archaeological find, rumored to be one of Tulak Hord's many holocrons along with many of their Rakata artifact findings that will be on display.

Alongside the event's various raffles and auctions, the Institute has worked alongside the Dantooinian Theater Troupe to present it's newest drama that will make its debut during the event.

Founder Dr. Carth Yalawari and the Yalawari Institute for Archaeology cordially invite you to the 10th Annual Silver Gala.

Join us for an evening of learning benefiting research expanding across the galaxy.

JULY 26th, 2014 * 10:00pm EST

Tower of Prophecy on Voss

• Open Bar
  • Dinner
  • Live Entertainment brought to you by the Dantooinian Theater Troupe
  • Raffles and live auctions

All proceeds to go to Yalawari Institute for Archaeology.

Please RSVP by July 23r.

Formal Attire is mandatory

-----------------------------------

((OOC)):

Penumbral will be looking for up to 9 or so volunteers who would like to assist in being in the "play". The play, which will be between 15-20 minutes will be based on the lore and derived from the Legacy of Sith series. This is something new we'd love to share and experience with everyone who wishes to participate! Please note that should you volunteer, your role will require knowing your lines (not by memory) and staying in touch and of course...showing up on time and ready. Costumes will be provided to you.

Should you wish to donate pieces and/or play the following costumes, we would be most grateful:

Narrator - Ayren

Naga Sadow - Rokoth

Marka Ragnos - Deloth

Ludo Kresh - Adjunct Nine

Gav Daragon - Darkkat

Jori Daragon - Al'zara

Sith Guard x2 - Moregan & FlameOperative

Sith Slave x2

-------------------

The event is basically to bring everyone together with...a bit more class than the Grotto. Raffle funds will go to the volunteers and those who have contributed.

Please feel free to message Luniara if you'd like to contribute, be a part of the play, be a waiter or any kind of NPC. Otherwise, we hope to see you all there and hope everyone will be on their best behavior!

Edited by Luniara

Think I have a Naga Sadow chest piece lying around, lemme check.

Shweet! We picked up the set I believe. (I'm trying to limit outside resources as much as possible so people can moreso enjoy everything.)

The role of Naga Sadow has been taken by Rokoth.

I'm unsure if they've RSVP'd yet, but we have four members who've shown a bunch of interests on our forums.

Afraid not. =) People dont HAVE to RSVP, it just helps me get an idea on numbers.

Another spot for the play has been filled.

Marka Ragnos will be played by Deloth

Event is this weekend! I hope you're all ready to have a good time! If there are any volunteers who'd like to play NPC hosts and get paid to do so, please holla at me. Otherwise I think we have all our actors!

Actors, please show up on time and ready! I will be sending you scripts soon, as well as your costumes.

WOW! I want to thank everyone who came out for the Silver Gala this evening. I was SHOCKED at the intense turnout from the server! We planet capped Voss both Imp and Pub. I really appreciate the support from all the guilds and guildmembers who showed up and helped in the effort of the event. Everything was so busy that we actually had to skip the raffle (which I will do 10x at the next event for you all).

Please feel free to send me screenshots from your view. You can also upload them to the Penumbral Gallery, which I have made a special slot for the Gala in.

Special thanks to Ion of the Progenitor server for coming to visit as well as being the inspiration for the play's idea. Awesome to the actors for making that play AMAZING! This is prob the biggest RP event Jung has EVER had!

Some screenshots:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/luniara/swtor2014-07-2704-00-23-94_zpsc79a556b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/luniara/swtor2014-07-2703-46-51-61_zpse3c3f6d7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/luniara/swtor2014-07-2622-47-07-89_zps06b349cd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/luniara/swtor2014-07-2622-26-45-99_zpsc972fde6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/luniara/swtor2014-07-2622-46-48-16_zpsd9cdb319.jpg

Although they aren't posting here, the members of RoH that attended (sounded like 8-9) had a really good time. From our forums...

Colt, Vyr, vinnie, Niilah, Zed, Siv, Kazu, Kotta, Zeki and [Lari] all went. [...] And we all ended up having so much fun we forgot screen shots

This was fun for the time I was there.

I had a blast at the event, and part of me was glad that my raid group pushed back the time some so I got to stay longer :p

I had a blast as well

Going to be sharing the screenshots with all of them, thanks for hosting the event!

And now Scya makes me feel guilty for not posting on these forums more.

As she already said, we had a great Remnant turnout and all of us were in TS and the gala was the most fun I've had in game in some time. It was a wonderful event and I really thank all of you for putting it on. Even though some of my guildies were making fun of me for spending 2 million credits (for formal clothes) and 120 cartel coins (shave and a haircut). So worth it.

But yes, it was a great time and I just wish we had remembered to take screenshots to contribute to the gallery.