Activating Companion Abilities

Angori

This is a dumb question, but haven't seen an answer in my searching, so here goes:

When levelling and your companion gets new abilities, how do you turn them on? (that is so they have the little green thingie on them).

I tried clicking one on but it says "no target selected" or something like that.

This is a dumb question, but haven't seen an answer in my searching, so here goes:

When levelling and your companion gets new abilities, how do you turn them on? (that is so they have the little green thingie on them).

I tried clicking one on but it says "no target selected" or something like that.

Right click.

let me clarify, right click will turn them onto an Auto-use state. They will automatically use these abilities when capable of doing so.

If you want to manually use them, leave them in the off state and click the appropriate button when you want them to use it or map a keybind and press the appropriate button when you want them to use the ability.

Personally, I have charge bound to T on companions that can charge, else I have just plain ol attack bound to T.