Lost Island LR-5 boss- 1 melee 1 RDPS Strat.

Preferably a sith assassin or an operative for the melee for this strat works best, the ranged dps doesnt matter whether its a sorc or a sniper. Sith assassins can cast force shroud which allows you to fight in the actual arcs on adds as well as evasion for snipers. The strat consists of well geared players all 4, your healer, melee dps, and rdps stay together the entire fight. They work clockwise around the room while the tank holds aggro on the boss and kites him corner to corner in the middle of the room in the grey square. The melee dps takes care off all the adds the entire fight, the ranged dps focuses on burning the boss the entire time, the tank focuses on interrupting incinerate, and the healer mainly focuses on the tank but time to time the healer will have to heal the dps due to LR-5s plasma arcs. The melee dps should stun and activate force shroud or evasion as much as possible due to the floor being on fire and the damage from plasma arcs and adds. When the boss is down to 15 percent to 10 percent the melee dps then needs to run in the middle and burn the boss as fast as possible, the melee dps has a kill move when the boss is below 30 percent that generally crits high and does usually no less then 3.5 k worth of damage. This is known as the APEX strat for Lost Island-LR-5 boss battle. Edited by dravendarkstar
forgot to add the last part of what guild this strat is from.

You can keep the droid in the middle or drag him around...either or... I prefer the drag around method because it's better for bubble control. Either way whether you win or lose depends on how well incinerate gets interrupted, any capable player can avoid the bubbles but getting a first tick interrupt on incinerate is the key to victory.

Preferably a sith assassin or an operative for the melee for this strat works best, the ranged dps doesnt matter whether its a sorc or a sniper. Sith assassins can cast force shroud which allows you to fight in the actual arcs on adds as well as evasion for snipers. The strat consists of well geared players all 4, your healer, melee dps, and rdps stay together the entire fight. They work clockwise around the room while the tank holds aggro on the boss and kites him corner to corner in the middle of the room in the grey square. The melee dps takes care off all the adds the entire fight, the ranged dps focuses on burning the boss the entire time, the tank focuses on interrupting incinerate, and the healer mainly focuses on the tank but time to time the healer will have to heal the dps due to LR-5s plasma arcs. The melee dps should stun and activate force shroud or evasion as much as possible due to the floor being on fire and the damage from plasma arcs and adds. When the boss is down to 15 percent to 10 percent the melee dps then needs to run in the middle and burn the boss as fast as possible, the melee dps has a kill move when the boss is below 30 percent that generally crits high and does usually no less then 3.5 k worth of damage. This is known as the APEX strat for Lost Island-LR-5 boss battle.

Well, if you have "geared" players, you really don't even need the melee dps to dps at all. You can employ the ranged strat and have the melee jump in the middle and attack in between the plasma arcs.

You can keep the droid in the middle or drag him around...either or... I prefer the drag around method because it's better for bubble control. Either way whether you win or lose depends on how well incinerate gets interrupted, any capable player can avoid the bubbles but getting a first tick interrupt on incinerate is the key to victory.

agreed.. if incinerate gets off, ur screwed

If you have any melee all you have to do is:

* Tank interupt Incinerate.

* DPS interupt Plasma Arc.

* Kite boss around the perimeter as Bubbles appear.

I have Tanked this so many times with MDPS and I prefer them over RDPS because they can maintain a higher DPS compared to RDPS due to the constant movement.

Nothing annoys me more when people find this Flashpoint in anyway difficult and then refuse spots for MDPS. All you need is a good Tank, that is it.

Edited by stephenjohnp

Well, playing with only ranged, or one ranged can create some trouble, since planting plasma coils will be their/his responsibility. As a tank i prefer more control over battlefield.

It is easier for me with 2 MDPS than with ranged (I tank). I run it on regular basis, often with 2 marauders or one mara and one ranged. Did it couple of times with assasin tank and me respecing dps (jugg).

If you got 2 melee, just stack them with healer behind the droid and proceed with moving around.

This way you can predict where plazma will fall, YOU position the droid, dps and heal stay stacked behind droid so you control where they are. Plasma drops on them, you always see it, no matter who was targeted (they stay together, opposite of your target, in your line of sight). tank and one dps interrupt incinerate (not bad if one dps has ranged interrupt, like sniper, sorc or assasin, he can double on incinerate in case tank is too far), second dps is assigned to interrupt plasma arc, ignore adds or just aoe them (stacking together also helps with this, if you are all in one place, adds wont run around and will be easier to pick up and aoe).

I hate dragging this boss around because sometimes he will stop and then you will be out of range to interrupt incinerate.

With 2 melee, everyone needs to focus solely on incinerate. Only one melee is allowed to kill adds, the other one needs to help with incinerate.

With one range and one melee, guard the melee and have him use his aggro dropper on cooldown. Make sure the ranged NEVER uses his aggro dropper. That way he will be #2 on the aggro table and always get the bubble. Then you can play it like you have 2 ranged and tank in the middle.

Am I right?