Lost Island Flash Point

ok, the fight is piss easy, i get it. Just tell me why a fight should be harder for melee than for ranged. ??

the general consensus is that this is harder with a melee group. ofc it can be done. when your overgeared it´s even piss easy. but it is harder for melee than for ranged. Incinerate is only an issue for melee. not only is moving the boss making the fight a bit harder for especially for the tank, kiting also makes interupting harder. and with melee dps. sometimes the incinerate spreads if they´re not carefull. It´s just an extra thing to keep an eye on that ranged dont have to worry about.

Basicly, if you refuse to remove the incinerate spread. make the incinerate on a random group member. That way maybe dps will be more inclined to help interupt too. I just think it would make more sense to remove the spread and then maybe buff the damage of the burn.

Im my honest opinion, i really think having a full melee team is much easier than bringing in a range team. Healers that run LI HM with me even prefers to have a full melee team compared to a range team as they can heal everyone in the party easily for t he whole team moves in a single unit around the room.

The tanker must know what to do basically... Pulling the boss in either a clockwise or anti-clockwise fashion. Interupting the incenerate is key and you got to be on your toes on that (no 2 ways), even if you are with a full range party. Everyone in the party just need to take turns to interupt the incenerate and put the interupt key in an easily accessible key on your keyboard (near the WASD buttons). Healers in the team also needs to know when to cleanse the party should they get some stacks of the incenerate but that would be secondary. DPS be it range of melee will need to know how to protect your healer from the adds that spawn while calling to the tank when he needs to move to another spot when the lighting balls fall and that is really about it. Plasma arc and the larva from the grills is healable damage and will not be of a great concern when you are moving the boss. Trust your healers unless they sux... LOL

Also please erase the misconception about having full gears or not. I have done this on my Republic character where all of us only have Tionese - Columi gears. Gears just helps you to beat the enrage timers easier and helps you shorten the time of the fight. Mechanics wise is plain easy nonetheless once you got the hang of it.

LI HM may be the most challenging of all flashpoints but it is not hard at all as long u got the mechanics down. Like i mentioned previously, KUS & FE HM takes more time for me to complete than LI HM ! LOL

i dont get it.LOL what prevent the healers from healing just as easy in a ranged group.LOL The general consensus is Lost Island is harder for melee.LOL Lots of fights are "harder" for melee.LOL I cant remember a single fight that´s harder for ranged.LOL What makes it fair that so many fights are harder for melee than for ranged.LOL No, i´m not saying it´s hard in any way, when i say harder it´s just not quite as easy.LOL And what´s with all the lol´s.LOL

ok, the fight is piss easy, i get it. Just tell me why a fight should be harder for melee than for ranged. ??

the general consensus is that this is harder with a melee group. ofc it can be done. when your overgeared it´s even piss easy. but it is harder for melee than for ranged. Incinerate is only an issue for melee. not only is moving the boss making the fight a bit harder for especially for the tank, kiting also makes interupting harder. and with melee dps. sometimes the incinerate spreads if they´re not carefull. It´s just an extra thing to keep an eye on that ranged dont have to worry about.

Basicly, if you refuse to remove the incinerate spread. make the incinerate on a random group member. That way maybe dps will be more inclined to help interupt too. I just think it would make more sense to remove the spread and then maybe buff the damage of the burn.

Its not harder.. just different mechanics.

Have you tried to have your melee run in and out? This way tank stays in middle and interrupts incenerate, while melee run in, steal their dots, hit him hard and run out, drop a blue orb then run back in?

I have a YouTube video of it. Search the chatos paladins.

Follow my guide. The only thing i will add is with the 1x Ranged + 1x Melee strat, you can have the ranged dps stack on the melee dps the entire time, which will control the bubble drops a bit more.

Also, I've seen people say that the bubbles only drop on the second highest threat. This isnt true, as my group regularly sees it dropping on the healer (once or twice a run), even after the initial pull phase.

For Boss 2 - LR-5 SENTINEL DROID, it is probably worth mentioning strats. It's one thing to know the mechanics, but another thing entirely to pull off a working strat for this boss.

Please note, these are just the strats that I use. I'm not saying they're the only strats, or that they are the best. These are what I use, and they seem to work for me, so hopefully you can take something from them, if youre having trouble :)

Tank + Heals + 2 Ranged DPS:

Overview:

This strat is built upon the Tank staying in the square in the middle, while the Ranged DPS and Healer move around the room (in a group) in a Clock-wise fashion whenever a Bubbles drop.

Tank:

First off, we always get the Tank to interrupt Incinerate. Its a personal preference thing, so you can have a dps do it if that suits your group.

Now, the tank will spend the majority (if not all) of the fight (depending on bubble drops) on the square in the middle of the room. We always start with the Tank on the Front Right Corner. As the bubbles drop (which should be on the ranged), the Tank will move in a Clock-wise direction, to stay in range of the Ranged DPS and Heals, but he should always be on a corner of the square (so if a bubble drops on you, you can move to the next corner and not get hit by the previous bubble).

The positions for the tank are as follows: Front Right>Front Left>Back Left>Back Right.

Now, usually the boss wont drop any bubbles on the tank, though we've seen that this isnt always the case. If he does drop a bubble on the tank, move to the next corner, and the ranged grp will have to move accordingly if it creates a range issue.

If all things go to plan, and the bubbles are dropping exclusively on the ranged grp, the tank will need to keep an eye on the ranged grps position, so they can move accordingly and stay in range for heals/dps.

When the adds spawn, throw out an aoe taunt if you can, then let the dps open up with aoe.

Heals/Ranged DPS:

All ranged will be moving in a group together. The reason for this is so you can control exactly where the bubbles will drop (since they always drop on a player). The ranged grp will also be moving in a Clock-wise fashion, to avoid any range issues. The group should be roughly 10m outside of the square. (I know this will cause your ranged to take the occasional fire dmg from the lava, but this should be easy to heal through as long as Incinerate is being interrupted every time)

The positioning for the group is as follows: Front Right>Front Left>Side Front>Side Middle>Side Back, then the exact same on the back side and the Right side.

It's pretty simple, move just out of the bubble when it drops, and make sure youre moving Clock-wise. The reason you don't want to move too far away from the bubble is you dont want to create excess movement for the grp and the tank.

When the adds spawn, lets the tank AOE taunt them, then open up with AOE.

In terms of heals, its quite easy with this strat, the only things that cause issues are stacks of Incinerate, people not moving out of bubbles, and adds not being taken care of. Also, it pays to Focus Target (Alt-F) the boss and keep an eye out for Incinerate. If it gets more than a second into its cast time, prepare some big heals.

Tank + Heals + 2 Melee DPS:

Overview:

First off, people seem to dread taking 2 or even 1 melee dps into this fight. Im here to tell you that this fight is only slightly harder with 2 melee as it is with 2 ranged. Its just a matter of strat. The difference between the 2xMelee strat and the 2xRanged strat is that instead of the Ranged+Heals moving around the outside of the square, this time the Tank+Melee will move together around the outside, whilst the healer uses the positions that the tank used in the 2xRanged Strat.

Tank:

The tank will start by pulling the boss to the Front Right of the room, 10 meters or so out from the square in the middle of the room (being careful to interrupt the first Incinerate). From here, turn him so he is facing the Left side of the room. The Melee DPS will be standing on his back the entire time. The reason for this is because the tank will be pulling the boss in a Clock-wise direction as the balls drop, and it will be easier on everyone in terms of moving.

Once again, only pull the boss as far as you need to to keep the melee dps out of the bubbles. Now, it is inevitable that some bubbles will drop on the healer in the square. You need to keep an eye out and make sure you stay in range. Theoretically more bubbles should be dropping on the melee grp, since theres more people there, but some times the game just likes to make trouble.

Heals:

You will start the fight by running onto the square in the middle of the room. Start at the Front Right Corner. You will always be on a corner, the reason is that if a bubble drops on you, and youre on a corner, it wont reach any of the other corners, so you can stay on the square alot longer and avoid the lava.

Now, as bubbles drop and/or the melee grp moves, you will also move in a clock-wise direction. If you arent getting bubbles, move only when you need to (so you can control the where the bubbles drop), so as to stay in range.

Now, if you are super unlucky, and you get all the bubbles, you will have to run to the melee dps (behind the boss) and follow them. You can do this from the beginning, if you like, but it can potentially be a lot more stressful.

Melee DPS:

Really basic here. Stay behind the boss and dont stand in the bubbles. If a bubble drops on you, and the tank is slow to move, move out to the side, NEVER get infront of the boss, just incase you hit an incinerate. You're healer will hate you. Help the tank out by interrupting Incinerate, and AOE down the adds when he AOE taunts them. Go balls out, if youre abit short on gear, the enrage timer can be rough.

Tank + Heals + 1 Melee DPS + 1 Ranged DPS:

Overview:

This strat is a mix of the above. The tank and Melee dps will be fighting on the square. The Ranged and Healer will be moving around the room. Same positions as before (except the melee, but I will get to that). This is the more difficult or the strats, as you will see.

Tank:

The tank will start in the Front Right Corner of the Square. Position the boss so he is on the Right side edge of the square (for melee dps purposes). As before, pull the boss from corner to corner, in a clock-wise fashion, as the bubbles drop on you, or when the ranged move out of .... range.

Without a doubt, you will be seeing alot of bubbles. It is VERY important that you fight RIGHT ON THE CORNERS. The reasoning is, you need to make sure that the melee dps has enough room to be behind the boss, without getting hit by any previous bubbles that have been dropped.

Once you get to 3 bubbles in the middle, its time for a change of strat. By this point, you will be on the Back Left Corner. The Ranged/Heals should be at roughly the same point. You need to pull the boss across the lava, to the solid ground at the back of the room. At this point, this strat becomes exactly like the 2 melee strat. The tank needs to point the Boss in the direction that you will be moving him (so that you are backpedaling when you reposition him). The DPS and Heals will be standing together behind the boss, so they dont get hit by incinerate. Move (always clock-wise) as required when bubbles drop (only as far as you need to). From this point, you will always be moving to patches of solid ground.

Once youre at this stage, it shouldnt take much longer to down the boss, just keep moving out of the bubbles.

Melee DPS:

The majority of the fight, you will be on the square in the middle of the room. The Tank will be starting on the Front Right Corner, positioning the boss so he is pointing at the front of the room. You need to position yourself so you are on the Right Side of the square, IN BETWEEN Corners. It is VERY important that you are on the EDGE of the Square, IN BETWEEN Corners. This is for Bubble controlling purposes. Basically, if you stand at that point, and a bubble drops on you, you should have enough room when the tank pulls to his next corner, to be standing on the next side (on the edge, in between corners again), without getting hit by the previous bubble.

Keep moving around the square as needed, but again, once 3 bubbles are in the middle, its time to move to the back of the room. Follow the tank, stay behind the boss, and interrupt Incinerate at all opportunities.

Aoe down adds.

Healer/Ranged DPS:

Healer and Ranged will be sticking together. For this strat, follow exactly what you would do in the 2xRanged Strat, UNTIL the Melee/Tank get 3 bubbles in the square. From that point on, you move to the back of the room and stay on the back of the boss, moving out of bubbles as needed. The tank will continue to pull the boss around the room when bubbles drop.

Aoe down adds.

With a good group, LI HM takes 30-45 minutes. There is almost no trash in this FP, and that's why I run it every day for the 5 comms. The first couple runs through took a couple hours, but after you learn the fights, LI really is one of the best fps in the game, no changes needed.

i dont get it.lol what prevent the healers from healing just as easy in a ranged group.lol the general consensus is lost island is harder for melee.lol lots of fights are "harder" for melee.lol i cant remember a single fight that´s harder for ranged.lol what makes it fair that so many fights are harder for melee than for ranged.lol no, i´m not saying it´s hard in any way, when i say harder it´s just not quite as easy.lol and what´s with all the lol´s.lol

lol :D

With a good group, LI HM takes 30-45 minutes. There is almost no trash in this FP, and that's why I run it every day for the 5 comms. The first couple runs through took a couple hours, but after you learn the fights, LI really is one of the best fps in the game, no changes needed.

Well they could make it a little harder.... That is what should be changed... Its getting too easy that it can be done in a shorter time than KUS or FE.... I also rather run LI HM these days. Bring guildies along to get their Rakata chest piece and show them its cake....

Well they could make it a little harder.... That is what should be changed... Its getting too easy that it can be done in a shorter time than KUS or FE.... I also rather run LI HM these days. Bring guildies along to get their Rakata chest piece and show them its cake....

Rather than changing LI, let's take some of these story mode flashpoints and make them into Tier 2 HM flashpoints:

Hammer Station

Athiss

Cademimu

Collicoid War Game

The Red Reaper

Rather than changing LI, let's take some of these story mode flashpoints and make them into Tier 2 HM flashpoints:

Hammer Station

Athiss

Cademimu

Collicoid War Game

The Red Reaper

YES PLEASE!

I was just wishing we could do these FPs at end game, so tired of the old 7 HMs.

It would be a nice addition for people that cant do operations for the other pieces of rakata gear(F2P)

Hey peeps.... LI HM is cake.... Honestly im not trying to brag about anything here but we clear LI HM in 20 mins with a FULL MELEE team of 3 Sith Assasins (1 Tank & 2 DPS) with a Healer Operative. Of course all of us are fully Blackhole geared with a high DPS output.

duhhh read what you wrote. of course is cake when you're all fully Black Hole geared. Not saying that I find HM LI to be overly difficult, but your post is pretty ridiculous, telling everyone how easy it is with 4 people in top end gear.

Hammer Station

Athiss

Cademimu

Collicoid War Game

The Red Reaper

Yea i second this suggeston too ! Alternatively come out with a new FP in patch 1.4 which will be more challenging that LI HM.... Its getting too boring already and a game dies when people no longer find it a challenge...